Matt Nichols may become a free agent as contract negotiations with the Bombers are not going well.

And according to Walters, it continues to be “tough sledding” with respect to contract negotiations with the agent for Quarterback Matt Nichols. “Stay tuned”, was the GM’s response. “Nothing ever seems to get done quick with these guys (agents). Everything’s a grind. Matt’s agent and I, we talk weekly. We’ll keep plugging along, and I’m cautiously optimistic that we’re going to make some real good progress on the Matt Nichols contract before he becomes a free agent on February 14th.” ...
Just last week the Blue Bombers cut ties with veteran QB Kevin Glenn, at least for now, as Walters felt it was the right thing to do because there were no contract talks planned with Glenn who becomes a free agent on February 14th as well.But that also leaves Winnipeg with Dominique Davis as the lone, signed pivot on the current roster and Walters admitted that has led to feeling the pressure to get a deal done for Nichols with just 5 weeks remaining before CFL Free Agent Day. “I mean yeah, he’s our starting Quarterback,” said Walters. “I was hoping before Christmas we’d have a contract done so I could take a deep breath. But that wasn’t the case so now it’s- let’s get Matt Nichols under contract before February 14th and get this over with, and not let him get to free agency and focus on 20-17. That’s the big goal.”
http://www.cjob.com/2017/01/10/kyle-...w84Bhg.twitter