Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Darrin Bauming is reporting that Muamba is unlikely to sign with Bombers, while Herb Zurkowsky says Muamba is leaning to going with the Als.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Bomber QB Matt Nichols hopes to become a GM following his football career.

“Hopefully, it’s not for another eight years down the road but it’s something that I might be interested in doing when I’m done,” Nichols told Winnipeg Sun reporter Ted Wyman.
    “That’s a part of the game I enjoy. I’m really trying to get to know the business side of it. It’s something I’m always very interested in. I keep up with every transaction around the league. I know, for the most part what everyone’s thinking and how the salary cap works and all that.”
    http://3downnation.com/2018/03/18/bo...in-the-future/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Winnipeg has added two International DBs to their roster: Cody Prewitt, who also plays LB, and Kevin Short.

Prewitt (6’2, 208, Mississippi, December 31, 1992 in Covington, LA) played four seasons with the Ole Miss Rebels recording 247 total tackles and 12 interceptions in his collegiate career. In 2013, he led the SEC with six interceptions and was named a first team All-American. He signed with the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent in 2015, but was released before the start of the season.
    Short (6’2, 185, Fort Scott Community College, March 23, 1992 in Florissant, MO) played two seasons for the Fort Scott Greyhounds recording 76 total tackles and breaking the school record with 10 interceptions. He signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent in 2015, but was waived before the season. Since then he’s been signed to the practice squads of the Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, and Los Angeles Rams.
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/...-two-roster-2/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    GM Kyle Walters talks about the Bombers draft planning before the Combine in the video below. He says the team is planning to shift from two to three Canadians on the OL, resulting in their focusing on drafting OL. Walters also discusses the Henoc Muamba negotiations and the possibility of moving up during the draft.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/...s-pre-combine/

Last edited by jerrym; 03-25-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    GM Walters discusses what he saw in the National Combine, including WR Daniel Petermann, QB Noah Picton and the DB Jordan Beaulieu.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/...ss-conference/

Last edited by jerrym; 03-25-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bombers appear to be focusing on adding to their receiving corps, including another American-born National - Mark Chapman, in this year's draft, as well as on the OL, which always is under consideration.

Among the stars of the CFL combine at the Convention Centre and U of W RecPlex were Mark Chapman, an American receiver from Central Michigan who recently obtained his non-import eligibility, and Daniel Petermann of McMaster, who was one of the fastest and strongest athletes in the field.
    The Blue Bombers plan to start two Canadians at receiver this season — likely Nic Demski and Matt Coates — but need all the talent and depth they can get at the position.
    “He’s smooth, smooth,” Bombers general manager Kyle Walters said of Chapman. “Chapman looked really good and, as we knew on film, he’s smooth and explosive and fast.” ...

Petermann was just as impressive, winning the vertical jump and the 40-yard dash, finishing top five in the broad jump and three-cone drill and even having a strong bench press, with 16 reps.
    “He caught everybody’s eye,” Walters said. “When you run the fastest 40 and had a great vertical jump and competed well … He’s certainly one that got everybody’s attention this weekend for sure.”
    Both players also stood out in one-on-one drills on Sunday.

It is considered to be an offensive-line heavy draft and a couple of the top prospects did not disappoint at the combine. Walters was particularly impressed with UBC’s Dakoda Shepley, a 6-foot-4, 306-pounder who won the bench press competition with 27 reps. “He tested very well and he certainly looked the part of what we knew coming in,” Walters said.
    Another linemen who caught some eyes was Darius Ciraco of Calgary. The 6-foot-3, 292-pounder said he was inspired to perform amidst such a strong class of linemen.
    “There’s a lot of athletic O-linemen here,” he said. “Over the weekend guys ran some pretty fast times and showed how athletic and explosive they were.” Walters said the Bombers will now revise their draft board with plenty of risers and fallers coming out of the combine.
    http://winnipegsun.com/sports/footba...at-cfl-combine

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Winnipeg has added former 2012 Argo coach James Stanley to their coaching staff as a defensive assistant coach. He also coached in Calgary in 2011 and in Hamilton for the last five years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bombers, whose defensive backfield gave up a lot of yardage and points last year, have continued to add DBs to their roster with the signing of International DB Malik Foreman.

Foreman (5’10, 180, Tennessse, June 30, 1995 in Kingsport, TN) recorded three interceptions, 14 passes defensed and 71 tackles during his four years in college, and was most recently with the New Orleans Saints after going undrafted.
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...malik-foreman/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Former Argo WR Darvin Adams talks about his career below.

“Sometimes I think about this journey that I’ve been on. It’s been a weird roller-coaster. But I’m thankful for it. I’m thankful for being in Winnipeg because I feel that, on a personal level, this is the first team that really gave me a shot and the chance to just be me and not make me change who I am.”
    Adams was a big-time star at Auburn; the MVP of the 2010 Outback Bowl and a man who broke the SEC Championship Game record for receiving yards later that same year. He skipped his senior year to turn pro, but went undrafted before signing as a free agent with the Carolina Panthers. He spend 2012 with the Virginia Destroyers of the United Football League before coming to Canada, first with the Toronto Argonauts before signing with the Bombers in 2015 as a free agent.
    It’s here in Winnipeg that Adams has morphed into a CFL star. He had 61 catches for 839 yards and six scores in his first year as a Bomber and was limited to eight games in 2016 because of a shoulder injury, but still finished with 51 receptions for 690 yards and six TDs. His 2017 campaign overflowed with highlight-of-the-night type plays as he finished with 76 receptions for 1,120 yards and seven TDs in 15 games – before another shoulder injury cut short his all-star season. ...

“If you look at it in a negative way, then negative things come out. I’m just trying to stay positive and work on staying healthy,” he said. “For me… I don’t like to look in the past. Why? I’m just really focused on getting back there with my group of guys. It was tough watching not just your teammates, but your friends, out there battling down the stretch and into the playoffs and you can’t help. That’s all I’m focused on now: staying healthy. ...

“I have been on teams where you had guys focused on themselves, on individual stats, individual awards, individual this, individual that,” Adams explained. “It was always ‘I want the ball, give it to me…’ This team, we have guys that just want to win. A few of us have been together a good period of time now and we’re not playing for those individual things, but for each other. I believe that’s why we’ve won so many games. You don’t want to go into the film room and have one of your friends looking at you and seeing you giving a poor effort while they’re out there busting their tails. That has an impact on you.
    “You know, I tell everyone that we have good people on this team, good people outside of the game,” he added. “I always explain this about someone like Matt (Nichols). They see him as a good quarterback, but what they don’t see is him being a good father and husband."
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/...-darvin-adams/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Andrew Harris talks about what motivates him including the fact that he is a Canadian RB.

the Winnipeg Blue Bombers running back is coming off a spectacular 2017 season in which he was not only named a Canadian Football League All-Star, but the loop’s Most Outstanding Canadian in a year in which he won the rushing title and established the new record for receptions by a running back. ...
    But if you know the man at all you know that’s not how he is wired. And so, when he’s working out, when he’s trying to crank out one last rep and the end of a long and gruelling work out, this is what he’s thinking about…
    “There are a bunch of things,” began Harris during a chat with bluebombers.com at CFL Week. “It’s ‘Oh, you’re too old.’ Or ‘You’re worn down.’ Or ‘Winnipeg hasn’t won a Grey Cup in 28 years.’ Or ‘Hazel (his daughter) wants an iPad for Christmas.’ There are a bunch of different things that motivate me. There’s an inner hunger, but I always feel that there are doubters and naysayers. That’s the one that pushes me the most. And from a team standpoint, I want to win a Grey Cup with these guys.” ...

“I still feel after the accomplishments that I’m an underdog. It’s weird to say it, but I still don’t feel like I have the respect I deserve. That might sound crazy to say, but I thrive on that even if it’s not true. I tell myself that because I don’t ever want to feel comfortable or complacent with anything I’ve done. I always feel like I’ve got more to accomplish. Even if we win a Grey Cup next year I’ll want to win another one because when’s the last time we won back to back? You find ways to continue to be successful and motivate yourself.”
    All of this might sound familiar. Harris has long spoken about the massive chip on his shoulder as a Canadian running back who came up through the junior ranks, first as a special teamer with the B.C. Lions, before morphing into the star he is today.
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/...andrew-harris/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bombers have added two International WRs: Jerome Lane and Dominique. You can read their profiles below.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...two-receivers/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Adarius Bowman's value system is different from some of the other players in the league. Good for him.

The prestigious Tom Pate Memorial Award – presented annually by the Canadian Football League Players Association to the player ‘who best exemplifies outstanding sportsmanship and who has contributed significantly to his team and community’ – is one Bowman considers his greatest accomplishment as an athlete.
    “I entered an elite group that night that some players don’t even know exists,” said Bowman. “It’s meant so much to me since then. A door has opened and now I’ve had athletes approach me and talk to me differently because of it. That makes me feel good… way better than getting a touchdown.
    “I’m sorry if that doesn’t sound right, but it’s true. And I love scoring touchdowns, I love making the crowd happy. But when I walked up there in Ottawa last November to give that speech… it touched me.”
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/...darius-bowman/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Winnipeg has signed International WR Tony Stevens.

Stevens (6’4, 212, Auburn University, March 14, 1995 in Orlando, FL) played in 39 games including seven starts for the Auburn Tigers and made 51 career receptions for 754 yards and five touchdowns. He signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent in 2017 but was released before the season.
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...-tony-stevens/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bombers have added International LB Quentin Grouse and released QB Josh Straughan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Former Philadelphia Eagle DB Earl Wolff has signed with Winnipeg.

Wolff (5’11, 210, North Carolina State, December 15, 1989 in Raeford, NC) was drafted 136 overall by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2013 NFL Draft. In his two seasons with the Eagles, he played in 18 games including seven starts and made 52 total tackles and one interception. Since then, he has spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Washington Redskins and Indianapolis Colts.
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...transacations/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ed Tait reviews the Bombers off-season additions at each position at the following url.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...rks-offseason/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Winnipeg has signed two QBs, former BC Lion Alex Ross and Tyler Stewart, as well as International DB Tynell Cooper.

Cooper (5’9, 180, Dixie State University, January 24, 1995 in Providence, RI) played his junior year at Dixie State University, making nine starts. Cooper earned All-RMAC first-team defense honors with 33 tackles and nine pass breakups in 2016.
    Ross (6’1, 205, Coastal Carolina University, September 25, 1992 in Alpharetta, GA) played four seasons with the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, becoming the all-time leader in passing yards, completions and touchdowns for the team. In 2017, Ross appeared in four CFL games for the BC Lions, completing five of 12 passes for 82 yards.
    Stewart (6’4, 220, University of Nevada, March 26, 1994 in Simi Valley, CA) started 22 games for the Nevada Wolf Pack, throwing for 3,550 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. Stewart finished his college career with an 11-11 record, including a win in the 2015 Arizona Bowl.
    https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...rs-add-qbs-db/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Bombers did very well last year, posting a profit of $5.1 million. Interesting that the team is funding public transport to and back from the stadium.

Some numbers from the Bombers 2017 financial report worth highlighting:
    • Revenue totaled $32.5 million last year, an increase of $2.9 million.
    • Total game revenue is up 14 percent to $13,267,198 with average attendance rising from 25,935 in 2016 to 27,400 in 2017 – an increase of six per cent – as the club played in its first-ever playoff game at Investors Group Field. Miller said season ticket totals are trending at the same pace as last year. ...
    • The Bombers also saw growth in corporate sponsorships and hosted non-football events at the stadium like the Canadian Women’s National Soccer team international match against Costa Rica, Nitro Circus, a Guns N’ Roses concert, the 2017 Canada Summer Games closing ceremonies, as well as having the finish line for the Manitoba Marathon moved to the facility. All those events bring in a larger audience base to the stadium.
    The issue here is those events do not consistently pop up on the calendar. The NHL’s Heritage Classic was a one-time event, as was the FIFA Women’s World Cup and the Canada Summer Games. There are also fewer touring stadium acts like Guns N’ Roses. ...

The team also continues to fund public transportation to and from the stadium, a total which has now reached $3.8 million since IGF opened in 2013.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...-million-2017/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Despite the Bombers big improvement on the field over the last two seasons, which is reflected in its 23-12 record during this time, and its increased profitability and attendance, GM Kyle Walters, HC Mike O'Shea and first-string QB Matt Nichols are frustrated with the team's one-and-out losses in the playoffs in the last two years. All three comment on their determination to change that this year in the following article.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/04/...-preview-call/