Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    I don't believe anyone is twisting your arm to read the posts in this thread. And you can't post where they frequent because they will ban you unlike how TFC people are treated here. So if certain TFC people here wish to convey some sort of message that TFC people are all sweetness and light please forgive if some evidence is posted that counters that ideal and if that offends your sensibilities this might be a thread to avoid for a while. But like most threads if left long enough people tire of the argument and move on and this thread will do that too, if left alone.
    Correction, people have already tired of the argument. In fact, some of us tired of it months ago. Yet it keeps getting resurrected. Why? So a few people can beat their chests about how superior they are to fans of another team in another sport, and get loudly cheered by a few other people who also feel superior? What does it accomplish? Do you seriously expect any TFC fan to know about it, much less care?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    So a few people can beat their chests about how superior they are to fans of another team in another sport, and get loudly cheered by a few other people who also feel superior?
    Good to see your predilection for fey condescension still exists even if you have the argument totally wrong (at least my motivation)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Good to see your predilection for fey condescension still exists even if you have the argument totally wrong (at least my motivation)
    Damn Argoknot, You really are testing my lack of vocabulary.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This has zero to do with beating chests and saying who's wrong or right! This is about ignorant fans of an upstart team who in the big picture has few fans. Many of these few fans have proven to be total morons on many occasions. The team has been around for a cup of coffee. What does anyone owe them? They were very lucky to have a stadium but now have to share just like The Argonauts had to in the CNE days. However the Argos shared with two other teams. We fans didn't bitch, complain and bring hateful signs about the Jays and Blizzard. Times have changed. It'll all come out in the wash. We'll see how long soccer lasts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This has zero to do with beating chests and saying who's wrong or right! This is about ignorant fans of an upstart team who in the big picture has few fans. Many of these few fans have proven to be total morons on many occasions. The team has been around for a cup of coffee. What does anyone owe them? They were very lucky to have a stadium but now have to share just like The Argonauts had to in the CNE days. However the Argos shared with two other teams. We fans didn't bitch, complain and bring hateful signs about the Jays and Blizzard. Times have changed. It'll all come out in the wash. We'll see how long soccer lasts.
    I used to like the Blizzard and wanted to like TFC when they first started up. Unfortunately, the level of negativity coming from a decent number (but not all) of TFC fans towards the Argos has resulted in my not having any interest in cheering for them.

I have said several times over the years that Canadian football and soccer in this country should be the best of friends as, at a time of limited funds to build stadiums, these two sports can share stadiums very efficiently. If one sport is doing well, it should be good for the other too. Canadian football and soccer seem to co-exist just fine in other Canadian cities but Toronto is an entirely different deal and I would put the majority of that blame on the loud, anti-Argos segment of TFC fans.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I used to like the Blizzard and wanted to like TFC when they first started up. Unfortunately, the level of negativity coming from a decent number (but not all) of TFC fans towards the Argos has resulted in my not having any interest in cheering for them.
    I think it is the TFC fans obnoxious sense of entitlement to a publicly owned building that pisses people off the most.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Canadian football and soccer seem to co-exist just fine in other Canadian cities but Toronto is an entirely different deal and I would put the majority of that blame on the loud, anti-Argos segment of TFC fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I think it is the TFC fans obnoxious sense of entitlement to a publicly owned building that pisses people off the most.

Well said by both of you.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have said several times over the years that Canadian football and soccer in this country should be the best of friends as, at a time of limited funds to build stadiums, these two sports can share stadiums very efficiently. If one sport is doing well, it should be good for the other too. Canadian football and soccer seem to co-exist just fine in other Canadian cities but Toronto is an entirely different deal and I would put the majority of that blame on the loud, anti-Argos segment of TFC fans.
    This!
    IMO it doesn't make much sense for the NFL and MLS to share venues due to the size of NFL stadiums, but a 25,000+ seat stadium in Canada is perfect for the MLS and CFL.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level

Couldn't have said it any better than that.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Damn Argoknot, You really are testing my lack of vocabulary.
    You do just fine.