Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

TFC fan stoops lower then low.

I don't do social media but my wife noticed on facebook that an Argo fan we know was posting about a real low comment some TFC fan put on Twitter. She didn't want to repeat what the TFC guy said but it was basically comments about the Orlando gay nightclub shooting and Argo fans. Just about what I expect from low life. All clAss!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Hopefully all self respecting TFC fans are going out of their way to condemn this low life.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I don't do social media but my wife noticed on facebook that an Argo fan we know was posting about a real low comment some TFC fan put on Twitter. She didn't want to repeat what the TFC guy said but it was basically comments about the Orlando gay nightclub shooting and Argo fans. Just about what I expect from low life. All clAss!!!
    If you're not going to address the issue head on why bring it up? I believe this is the tweet you're reffering to:

There is a reason that idiot has only 17 followers. Apprently he has been banned several times and keeps creating new accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Hopefully all self respecting TFC fans are going out of their way to condemn this low life.
    Do we have to? I think it should be pretty obvious that not all TFC fans agree with that extremist.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 06-15-2016 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added Response to Ron

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Oh yah the guy's a total tool! Why I don't do social media. He'll say the wrong thing to someone one day.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Oh yah the guy's a total tool! Why I don't do social media. He'll say the wrong thing to someone one day.
    This site is "social media" too, btw.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

Do we have to? I think it should be pretty obvious that not all TFC fans agree with that extremist.
    Like it or not this guy has made TFC fans look bad in a public forum. To not have TFC fans condemn him for hoping it was Argos fans who were slaughtered can make it appear that they are OK with it. Especially with all the public displays of anger directed at the Argos move to BMO.

Condemnation gives the voice back to the good fans. Silence gives the only voice to the extremist.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    If you're not going to address the issue head on why bring it up? I believe this is the tweet you're reffering to:

There is a reason that idiot has only 17 followers. Apprently he has been banned several times and keeps creating new accounts.

Asshole comments like this sometimes end up with the police at the front door, pretty stupid to say the least!!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I think of the facebooks and twitter etc as your typical social media that is always mentioned. Good old fashioned picture screen in front of me is how I roll.

Anyhow the guy should be looked into with comments like that. We live in a world with loose cannons running wild. I don't get these TFC pukes and their hate. Where the hell does it come from?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I don't get these TFC pukes and their hate. Where the hell does it come from?
    Having to watch soccer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Like it or not this guy has made TFC fans look bad in a public forum. To not have TFC fans condemn him for hoping it was Argos fans who were slaughtered can make it appear that they are OK with it. Especially with all the public displays of anger directed at the Argos move to BMO.

Condemnation gives the voice back to the good fans. Silence gives the only voice to the extremist.
    Well said, Ron!
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

I'll echo Ravi's sentiments and say bravo!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

I agree. This can escalate if people don't speak up in order to stop this.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I'll agree with Mulder. hahaha.

I don't understand the whacked soccer culture of hate, fighting and intolerance. Obviously many TFC fans want to try and act tough and like fools similar to the Euro fans who just go around trying to cause shit. Racism is alive and well in this LAME sport.

I laugh at soccer fans who want to start shit with football fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    well, we know he sits in the south end

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

So, by that logic Muslims should have to apologize for the actions of the shooter in Orlando. I know some groups already have but I always feel like it's ridiculous that they feel they need to. I know the majority of Muslims would never consider doing something as heinous as what happened in Orlando and I hold the shooter responsible for his actions, not the group he associated with.

With that said, I apologize on behalf of TFC fans for @tfc114roadie extremely stupid and insensitive comments.

In this TFC vs. Argos fans “debate” there is stupidity being thrown around on both sides of the fence by a minority of fans on each side. I really hope one day it will stop.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    So, by that logic Muslims should have to apologize for the actions of the shooter in Orlando. I know some groups already have but I always feel like it's ridiculous that they feel they need to. I know the majority of Muslims would never consider doing something as heinous as what happened in Orlando and I hold the shooter responsible for his actions, not the group he associated with.

With that said, I apologize on behalf of TFC fans for @tfc114roadie extremely stupid and insensitive comments.

In this TFC vs. Argos fans “debate” there is stupidity being thrown around on both sides of the fence by a minority of fans on each side. I really hope one day it will stop.
    not sure if apologizing on behalf of this ass is needed, or even wanted. Muslim communities, from what i've heard, haven't apologized for the shooter, but rather condemned his actions. They don't accept what he has done, just like they have condemned terrorist acts of ISIS. By condemning actions, one is saying this person does not represent me/us in any way.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    not sure if apologizing on behalf of this ass is needed, or even wanted. Muslim communities, from what i've heard, haven't apologized for the shooter, but rather condemned his actions. They don't accept what he has done, just like they have condemned terrorist acts of ISIS. By condemning actions, one is saying this person does not represent me/us in any way.
    My apologies, let me try that again:

Should Muslims have to condemn the actions of the shooter in Orlando. I know some groups already have but I always feel like it's ridiculous that they feel they need to. I know the majority of Muslims would never consider doing something as heinous as what happened in Orlando and I hold the shooter responsible for his actions, not the group he associated with.

There is reason we call people extremisits because what they say or do is not of the norm. So, should others have to condemn obvious extreme behaviour?

Again with that said, I condemn the extremely stupid and insensitive comments of @tfc114roadie.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The guy should be in jail for making such a public comment, and that's all I'll say about this.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The guy should be in jail for making such a public comment, and that's all I'll say about this.
    I don't know about jail time but legal action should be taken against him or her. Unfortunatly, the reality is the police only have some many resources so I honestly don't think there will be. I reported the tweet to Twitter when I saw it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    T-Bone is correct that we should never hold a group responsible for the actions of one of their members when the group has not sanctioned that action. Ron is also correct that silence is consent. As Burke is reputed to have said in 1770, "the only thing necessary for triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" When homophobic or hate statements are expressed, it behoves us, individually, to take a stand and strongly condemn those statements and the person making them.