Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    T-Bone is correct that we should never hold a group responsible for the actions of one of their members when the group has not sanctioned that action. Ron is also correct that silence is consent. As Burke is reputed to have said in 1770, "the only thing necessary for triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" When homophobic or hate statements are expressed, it behoves us, individually, to take a stand and strongly condemn those statements and the person making them.
    Very well put. Thank you.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    When some white trash guy kills his family I don't feel the need to apologize to the world. Time has come for family and friends to step up and tell people like this TFC Tool to stop acting all the jackass that he is. I'd hope that his Tweet has police eyes on it.
    Now the wife of the Orlando shooter should be in jail. She knew what he was planning. Sorry but I'd turn anyone in even my own mother if she was planning some crazed misguided venture.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    When some white trash guy kills his family I don't feel the need to apologize to the world..
    Apology was a straw man argument. No one expects an apology but a condemnation usually follows. If some white trash guy kills his family ... you call him the POS he is and condemn the prick for doing the deed. If some lowlife Argo fan did the same as this guy we'd see condemnation of the tool on a site like this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/2016/...eing-blue.html

LMAO. These people really need to get over it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post

Yes, but we know that that will never happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

The below quote is F'n hilarious. I guess he's either a liar, or he ignores or doesn't read the anti Argos posts on this groups own forum.

“I know that there’s a lot of online banter between the two fan bases,” said Phil Tobin, president of the Red Patch Boys. “I don’t get the feeling from our group, in particular, that there’s much anger toward the actual Argo fan base.”
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The below quote is F'n hilarious. I guess he's either a liar, or he ignores or doesn't read the anti Argos posts on this groups own forum.
    He should go into politics.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level

I don't know how tight a deadline the writer was on, but after Blue Patch declined he could've approached Lori or I. I'm sure we would've agreed to an interview.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Even Kurtis Larson doesn't understand the logic here:

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Even Kurtis Larson doesn't understand the logic here:

Last time I checked the Argos and TFC don't play at BMO at the same time, so this we feel our "space is being invaded" crap is just stupidity.
    Studies have proven that a 160lb soccer player flopping and flailing on the ground after a phantom "tackle" damages more square feet of turf than football players hitting each other.
    Secondary turf damage is little known phenomenon caused by the medical team scurrying onto the field several times a game with their little portable stretcher to attend to the player rolling around the grass who magically gets up and runs away as they arrive to complain to the referee.✌️
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Larson sure seems to be changing his tune. Is he about to jump ship (pardon the expression) to the good ship Argonaut and the momentum they are building?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Tony Stones, Head Groundsman, Wembley Stadium

"We find most damage is caused by football (soccer) players digging in, turning quick, whereas an NFL game it's all solid, it's crunching together, Desso likes that, holds together well, it's when they're doing quick turns, your Rugby Union you get a bit of quick turning in that as well and a bit of scrummaging so you get a bit of mess from that but I'd say most damage comes from football (soccer)

It's warmups, football (soccer) warmups that are the worst thing, that's where we get the most damage from, especially the goalkeepers that will not use his portable goal, they insist on using his main goal that creates us some serious trouble"

So if interpreted correctly, the order of most to least damaging sport to a reinforced turf is:

1 Soccer
    2 Rugby
    3 Football

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Tony Stones, Head Groundsman, Wembley Stadium
    Interesting video. Did you find that by going to the Red Patch forum for the link?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Interesting video. Did you find that by going to the Red Patch forum for the link?
    Are you kidding? A post like that would have been deleted and the poster banned. They can't deal with the truth or expert opinion, only the lies they make up to keep the Argos outta the treehouse. And they're still carrying on and will until the inevitable week of rain, above average usage and subsequent damage occur.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    TFC groundskeeper at BMO Field on the hot seat
    With Argos moving in — a tenancy that didn’t go over well with many Toronto FC fans — Robert Heggie’s profile has suddenly sprouted.
    Laura Armstrong Staff Reporter thestar.com May 7, 2016

If Michael Bradley and Sebastian Giovinco are the stars on the pitch for Toronto FC, Robert Heggie is the star behind it.

As head groundskeeper for the Reds for the past seven years, Heggie plays an integral, if largely behind-the-scenes, role in the club’s home performances.

But with the Toronto Argonauts moving in to BMO Field for the first time this summer — a tenancy that didn’t go over well with many Toronto FC fans — Heggie’s profile has suddenly sprouted.

He may not be Bradley or Giovinco, but Heggie knows it’ll be his number people are calling if BMO Field’s new tenants muck up the field.

“I’m just a quiet old grass guy that just wants to take care of his plants,” Heggie laughed when asked about all the attention he and his field have garnered as of late.

That being said, the interest in his turf doesn’t surprise Heggie.

When the idea of housing the CFL at the stadium started to get kicked around more than two years ago, he had a feeling the “very passionate” Toronto FC faithful would voice concerns.

It’s a lot of work, maintaining two sports, Heggie admits.

When Heggie spoke to the Star last month, he said his team had been working from midnight to 6 a.m. for the last few weeks, staying out of the way of the construction crews but on top of the grass’s growth.

He’s not overly worried by the challenge of two teams.

“This year there will be growing pains, don’t get me wrong. There always are growing pains with a new project but I don’t see it being a catastrophic disaster by any means.”

Those growing pains could be exacerbated by Toronto FC’s condensed home schedule due to Phase 2 of construction on the stadium.
    Next year, Heggie said there will be fewer conversions from soccer to football, with longer periods in between.

Heggie talked to many others in his field, like the groundskeeping teams at FC Dallas — who will share the pitch with Toronto FC on Saturday — and Wembley Stadium in London.

“If someone is already doing something similar to what we’re doing, why reinvent the wheel? Why not just modify it for Toronto?” he said

The pitch at Wembley, Heggie said, sees about 400 hours of use over a season, between soccer, rugby, the odd NFL game and concerts.
    BMO Field, he estimated, will only see about 120 to 150 hours a season.

And Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment has spared no expense getting Heggie the tools he needs to make the change from soccer to football, and the more difficult conversion back.

That includes a $1 million artificial heating system to speed up the growing process and Supaturf, an Australian brand of removable paint that will be used to draw on the gridiron.

With the grass for football at least a quarter of an inch taller than for soccer, some of the paint will come off with a good mow.

The rest must be removed; having gridiron lines across the soccer field isn’t acceptable, Heggie said.

“That’s very aesthetic (sic) and it just looks like junk.”

There’s also a backup field purchased and growing in the Hamilton area if necessary.

He’s in constant contact with players and coaches. As a man of many bosses, it’s Heggie’s goal to keep everyone happy.

“We want to have the best pitch in the league. Last year a lot of the players, like Bradley and Giovinco, all told me I have the best pitch in the league. So that’s what we’re going for again.”

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    I moved this from the BMO field thread, seemed more appropriate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    I wouldn't count on that. They're still waiting for the first big rain during an Argos game. If it happens only once that will be enough for them to deem the groundshare a total failure. Some of them are already turning on Kurt Larson of the Sun (who would hardly be called Argo friendly) but who posted the BMO conditions are far better than at France and the Euros and the French aren't whining about it like the RPB do. It would be hilarious (and not out of character for them) if they banned Larson.
    I don't know how to say this without being somewhat offensive or politically incorrect without getting the proper message across, but I can't defend some of these particular fellow TFC fans. These individuals are some of the biggest complaining wussies, who unfortunately are able to influence their "followers". If you were to meet them outside of their "TFC gangs", you would have experience an intimidation level of zero, LOL. Eli, the "crazy" Inebriatti leader sells yuppie like men's clothes. The "powerful" Red Patch Boys are lead by Tobin. A relatively young, out of shape, slop (I have seen him during games), who I can't imagine even being able to kick a soccer ball, never mind be an expert of the sport. They are regular fans like you and me who's "tough guy" personas are created by keyboard warrioring and strength in small numbers. Sorry for the hard truth, but I can't take it anymore, these guys need to shut up and just enjoy the soccer.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    ^You're telling us something we don't know? LOL. These guys lie like rugs and the reason I posted that article and video from above is so when they do their usual lying and misrepresentations you have the words of the actual experts who these RPB clowns seem to think they know more than. Funny how the Caps share and you don't hear a word from them. Then you have the brilliance of the Impact below:

Much of the TFC fanbase has gone out of their way to discourage any goodwill others may have towards them. So if they want to have an exclusive club in their now no longer exclusive tree fort, so be it. And they wonder why they draw flies on TV and suggest that is a conspiracy as well. Or that their resident hipsters don't watch TV.
    Last edited by Argoknot; 06-23-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I moved this from the BMO field thread, seemed more appropriate here.

I don't know how to say this without being somewhat offensive or politically incorrect without getting the proper message across, but I can't defend some of these particular fellow TFC fans. These individuals are some of the biggest complaining wussies, who unfortunately are able to influence their "followers". If you were to meet them outside of their "TFC gangs", you would have experience an intimidation level of zero, LOL. Eli, the "crazy" Inebriatti leader sells yuppie like men's clothes. The "powerful" Red Patch Boys are lead by Tobin. A relatively young, out of shape, slop (I have seen him during games), who I can't imagine even being able to kick a soccer ball, never mind be an expert of the sport. They are regular fans like you and me who's "tough guy" personas are created by keyboard warrioring and strength in small numbers. Sorry for the hard truth, but I can't take it anymore, these guys need to shut up and just enjoy the soccer.
    Great post. That is precisely the way I envisioned them. Keyboard tough guys.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    LMAO. "TFC Gangs"

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Great post. That is precisely the way I envisioned them. Keyboard tough guys.
    Really? I pictured them as whiny, entitled, selfish hipster doofi suckered into buying 15 dollar craft beers. Might be time to stop the fun before the PC types here get the vapours and tell us how much Argo fans are responsible for the ill will.