Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Technically ... adding 10-12 football games does add damage to the turf when looking at the whole. But when BMO books extra rugby games and extra friendlies and other soccer games ... that incurs more damage than these extra football games.

And as Snow says ... you never see any complaints about the pitch when extra soccer games are added. So the intent of the pitch argument isn't about the pitch conditions at all.
So far the grounds crew have been able to maintain the surface with those added rugby and soccer games in the past so there is proof that it can work with those events. With the addition of football it is uncharted territory at BMO Field so the concerns about the field conditions are legitimate and not lies as rdavis claimed. Like I already said:

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
What's done to compensate for that added potential damage is what matters and I feel the groundskeepers at BMO Field have done well so far.
Once I read about all the extra tools given to the grounds crew to help maintain the surface it calmed my concerns but only time will tell if there are issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
You've got to give some credit to the grounds crew that they'll know how to deal with issues when they arise. These guys didn't just drop off applications for a summer grass hacking job.
Yes people should, it's not an easy job I'm sure. The Head Groundskeeper used to work at top notch golf courses in Barbados I believe.