Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Which sport does more or less damage to the field is irrelevant to the debate. Adding 10-12 games of football to a natural surface that is already being used for soccer is going to increase potential damage to that surface.

What's done to compensate for that added potential damage is what matters and I feel the groundskeepers at BMO Field have done well so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    How is it irrelevant ?
    Soccer does more damage to the turf than football does, but from my understanding as long as soccer (TFC, International, etc) is played at BMO it's okay, but anything else is no good ?
    Technically ... adding 10-12 football games does add damage to the turf when looking at the whole. But when BMO books extra rugby games and extra friendlies and other soccer games ... that incurs more damage than these extra football games.

And as Snow says ... you never see any complaints about the pitch when extra soccer games are added. So the intent of the pitch argument isn't about the pitch conditions at all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Technically ... adding 10-12 football games does add damage to the turf when looking at the whole. But when BMO books extra rugby games and extra friendlies and other soccer games ... that incurs more damage than these extra football games.

And as Snow says ... you never see any complaints about the pitch when extra soccer games are added. So the intent of the pitch argument isn't about the pitch conditions at all.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

So far the grounds crew have been able to maintain the surface with those added rugby and soccer games in the past so there is proof that it can work with those events. With the addition of football it is uncharted territory at BMO Field so the concerns about the field conditions are legitimate and not lies as rdavis claimed. Like I already said:

What's done to compensate for that added potential damage is what matters and I feel the groundskeepers at BMO Field have done well so far.
    Once I read about all the extra tools given to the grounds crew to help maintain the surface it calmed my concerns but only time will tell if there are issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    You've got to give some credit to the grounds crew that they'll know how to deal with issues when they arise. These guys didn't just drop off applications for a summer grass hacking job.
    Yes people should, it's not an easy job I'm sure. The Head Groundskeeper used to work at top notch golf courses in Barbados I believe.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Which sport does more or less damage to the field is irrelevant to the debate.
    Damn right it is relevant to the debate. When the TFC fans whine and moan that the Argos are going to come in and ruin their field and the guy in charge of the most famous turf in the world is saying that soccer itself is harder on the field, then the TFC people are total BSers. And then comes their usual BS that this guy is lying to save his job and that the TFC fans know more than he does, For Gawd's sakes when will it end with these people?

You just want to go all Howard Beale on them.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    What Argoknot said. Why bitch and complain about something that might never happen? The field might always be in great shape. However golf in Barbados is not CFL football in Oct in a pissing rain storm. Could be fun to see the field fly and then the TFC guys get their scarves in an Argo knot. haha. I kill me!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Damn right it is relevant to the debate. When the TFC fans whine and moan that the Argos are going to come in and ruin their field and the guy in charge of the most famous turf in the world is saying that soccer itself is harder on the field, then the TFC people are total BSers. And then comes their usual BS that this guy is lying to save his job and that the TFC fans know more than he does, For Gawd's sakes when will it end with these people?

You just want to go all Howard Beale on them.
    It all comes down to what we have been saying for a long time. This has nothing to do with the field surface, but everything to do with a small minority of idiots that want to feel entitled. I'm sure a good chunk of TFC fans really don't care.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Why bitch and complain about something that might never happen?
    Have you not complained about the potential problems at BMO Field etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It all comes down to what we have been saying for a long time. This has nothing to do with the field surface, but everything to do with a small minority of idiots that want to feel entitled. I'm sure a good chunk of TFC fans really don't care.
    I actually agree with you on this except that there are some TFC fans that are legitimately concerned about the field conditions. There is a minority of TFC fans that are being unreasonable but there is also a minority of Argos/CFL fans that are being unreasonable. The minority on both sides are keeping the bickering going.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Once I read about all the extra tools given to the grounds crew to help maintain the surface it calmed my concerns but only time will tell if there are issues.
    Agreed. Seems they have their work cut out for them to fix the field after TFC games to get the field pristine for CFL games.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    There is a minority of TFC fans that are being unreasonable but there is also a minority of Argos/CFL fans that are being unreasonable. The minority on both sides are keeping the bickering going.
    Here we go with the old PC BS that both sides are equally guilty. Just one of those TFC websites has 150 pages of Argo bitching, we've got a ways to go to catch that. Argo fans are reactors, why would we have negative posts about sharing with them? It's the best thing that has happened to the Argos in recent memory. TFC fans initiate the BS and Argo fans react, if they didn't start it, there would hardly be a problem.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    With the addition of football it is uncharted territory at BMO Field so the concerns about the field conditions are legitimate and not lies as rdavis claimed.
    Everything that comes off some TFC fan's keyboards are lies. Tell me this, if fears are legitimate then why is the groundskeeper at BMO not worried? The TFC clods know more than the Wembley guy, the BMO guy, right? That's why I post those articles, to get the thoughts of experts not my and TFC fan's uninformed opinions.

Even if football wasn't played there and there was terrible weather over more than a few days the turf will be damaged. The TFC people are just waiting for this to happen as an excuse to blame the Argos for "invading" their entitled playpen. And it will happen one day, football or no.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argoknot View Post
    Here we go with the old PC BS that both sides are equally guilty. Just one of those TFC websites has 150 pages of Argo bitching, we've got a ways to go to catch that.
    They have more members there then we do here, hence more posts.

Argo fans are reactors, why would we have negative posts about sharing with them? It's the best thing that has happened to the Argos in recent memory.
    Yet there are.

TFC fans initiate the BS and Argo fans react, if they didn't start it, there would hardly be a problem.
    Isn't that a two year olds defence when they get in trouble? "They started it." Doesn't make it right from either side.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Isn't that a two year olds defence when they get in trouble?
    Classic PC denial, and a shot at me which you'll get away with, your minder handy?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Oh I see you changed my quotes to rdavis. Care to prove that? If not I expect you to retract it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Where are the pitchforks when it rains during a soccer game and the field gets teared up ? Or better yet why no complaints when the field is less than perfect after the first half of soccer ?
    Oh that's right; it's okay because it's soccer. I think it's hilarious that some refuse to admit that this has nothing to do with the grass and everything to do with the fear of the Argonauts "taking over the stadium".

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Oh I see you changed my quotes to rdavis. Care to prove that? If not I expect you to retract it.
    I can't prove it Charukfan, elly63, Joe MacCarthy, rdavis but I'm satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt.

Where are the pitchforks when it rains during a soccer game and the field gets teared up ? Or better yet why no complaints when the field is less than perfect after the first half of soccer ?
    Oh that's right; it's okay because it's soccer.
    I've seen complaints in the past but the majority of the time the grounds crew has done a good job.

I think it's hilarious that some refuse to admit that this has nothing to do with the grass and everything to do with the fear of the Argonauts "taking over the stadium".
    Some may fear that but I don't.

Both teams should be able to coexist peacefully. Both teams and fan bases are more similar than some on either side would care to admit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Both teams should be able to coexist peacefully. Both teams and fan bases are more similar than some on either side would care to admit.
    I agree.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    T Bone let's get something straight I hate plenty of shit and I'm not afraid to tell the world. haha. Plus don't shit on what I love like the CFL and Argonauts because that's when I really get pissed. Thus my hate for many TFC Tools! I really don't think about soccer or them until I read the trash they chirp on about.

You really need to add FC between the T and Bone because you really only get upset about TFC issues on an Argonaut site.

Lets get the rain and ripped up turf game over with. Hell I'll even get in there and soak the hell out of the field so we can see what happens.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    T Bone let's get something straight I hate plenty of shit and I'm not afraid to tell the world. haha. Plus don't shit on what I love like the CFL and Argonauts because that's when I really get pissed. Thus my hate for many TFC Tools! I really don't think about soccer or them until I read the trash they chirp on about.

You really need to add FC between the T and Bone because you really only get upset about TFC issues on an Argonaut site.
    I don't shit on the CFL or the Argos, I'm in the middle of all this. I hear shit from both sides of the fence and I'm honestly getting tired of it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Here we go with the old PC BS that both sides are equally guilty. Just one of those TFC websites has 150 pages of Argo bitching, we've got a ways to go to catch that. Argo fans are reactors, why would we have negative posts about sharing with them? It's the best thing that has happened to the Argos in recent memory. TFC fans initiate the BS and Argo fans react, if they didn't start it, there would hardly be a problem.
    I do absolutely agree with this.

Is it childish to react to their comments the way we do? Perhaps. But if anyone denies that it is just a reaction to their original comments, they are lying.

On a side note..How are your quotes being associated with rdavies? Clearly you are making the posts, but when it is being quoted, rdavies is coming up instead of Argoknot.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    i can't prove it charukfan, elly63, joe maccarthy, rdavis but i'm satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt.
    wth?