Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    How odd. That sounds like something rdavies might say.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    How odd. That sounds like something rdavies might say.
    Yes it does, too bad he was banned by an insecure mod for free speech. That was like something they would do at RPB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Yes it does, too bad he was banned by an insecure mod for free speech. That was like something they would do at RPB.
    I liked rdavies. Wonder if he will ever be back.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It seems less and less likely. But who knows?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I liked him too, I thought he added a lot of good information to the group

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I kinda hope he does.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Achievements:

Level
    You have a point, argoknot; rdavies sometimes contributed to this forum. If you know him, please pass along the message that if he stops being a jackass he is welcome here!

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Well IIRC a mod was trying to goad rdavies into calling him a liar which rdavies wouldn't and didn't do. And the mod must have been frustrated that rdavies couldn't be goaded into it and then abruptly banned him and also deleted and destroyed the evidence. Why would they do that if they weren't guilty of something?

Maybe the archive.org Wayback machine has a screengrab of the exchange, I'll see if I can find it. But it's really none of my business.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well IIRC a mod was trying to goad rdavies into calling him a liar which rdavies wouldn't and didn't do. And the mod must have been frustrated that rdavies couldn't be goaded into it and then abruptly banned him and also deleted and destroyed the evidence. Why would they do that if they weren't guilty of something?

Maybe the archive.org Wayback machine has a screengrab of the exchange, I'll see if I can find it. But it's really none of my business.
    While I liked rdavies (still do) and want him to return; the issue was that he was asked to drop a subject, but rdavies choose not to - if anything it actually got worse.
    The favourism towards a certain poster seems to be slowly coming to a halt. Once it finally does I think this forum will be in a good place.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Sounds like a job for the FBI or the OPP, the former is trying to get that wayback machine to chase all of Hilary's deleted government emails from her personal server, while the latter has supposedly been trying to do the same with the McGuinty and Wynne's govt emails and messages regarding the cancelled Gas plants and the Pan Am games expenses. I think those issues are a bit more pressing than some TFC fans taking a hissy feet because he wants taxpayers to pay for his friggin playground for just him and his TFC friends.

I like soccer, but it's nimwit TFC fans that turn me off. They can't get it through their thick skulls (must be because if they had brains, they'd realize the stadium was supposed to be used for Canadian football from day 1) that BMO was originally designed for Canadian football, as much as it was for soccer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I like soccer, but it's nimwit TFC fans that turn me off. They can't get it through their thick skulls (must be because if they had brains, they'd realize the stadium was supposed to be used for Canadian football from day 1) that BMO was originally designed for Canadian football, as much as it was for soccer.
    It wasn't designed for both originally, but it was passed by the City on the basis that it be able to house both soccer and Canadian football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    It wasn't designed for both originally, but it was passed by the City on the basis that it be able to house both soccer and Canadian football.
    What do you think I meant? it was supposed to be designed on the compatibality of playing both soccer and football. MLSE was made in charge of building the facility, which is where Tom Anselmi came in as the engineer, and the city did not do their due diligence. The Endzones were never meant to be built permanently using brick and blocks but it's what Anselmi allowed to happen, even though he knew full well (imo) that a Canadian Football field would not fit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    What do you think I meant? it was supposed to be designed on the compatibality of playing both soccer and football. MLSE was made in charge of building the facility, which is where Tom Anselmi came in as the engineer, and the city did not do their due diligence. The Endzones were never meant to be built permanently using brick and blocks but it's what Anselmi allowed to happen, even though he knew full well (imo) that a Canadian Football field would not fit.
    Personally I blame Richard Peddie. He's single handedly the reason the Argonauts/football weren't involved with BMO from the beginning. Peddie admitted that when he was negotiating with the City on the stadium he received a call from Howard Sokowlski about getting involved with the deal; of which Peddie replied no, "because there wasn't enough time for him (Peddie) to negotiate with the City and the Argonauts". According to Peddie - "They (C+S) ran out of time. Time to properly negotiate and time to come up with the money."

New Fan
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Level
    Strange that tfc socer fans act like this. that guy was so out of line. Somebody showed me a retreet of someone from the soccer fan club and some guy going at it. the soccer fan got owned by this guy backing up statistics how soccer is viewed among canadians and americans. I think his uncle like works for global or owns it is what i heard. it was pretty funny how all these soccer clowns acted with this guy and he just kept owning them over and over.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by exhibitionargonaut View Post
    Strange that tfc socer fans act like this. that guy was so out of line. Somebody showed me a retreet of someone from the soccer fan club and some guy going at it. the soccer fan got owned by this guy backing up statistics how soccer is viewed among canadians and americans. I think his uncle like works for global or owns it is what i heard. it was pretty funny how all these soccer clowns acted with this guy and he just kept owning them over and over.
    Most members of those soccer fan clubs are opposed to this move and have show hostility, nik-picking and general negativity to the whole thing. The facts are soccer has neither captured the nation nor 'grow' since TFC showed up. Our mens national team is ranked 93rd. Down from 55 when TFC showed up and ratings are abysmal. The Ticats got more people watching their live stream of a pre-season game than TFC gets on national television. But they are delusional to that fact.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Enough about the whiners, they're not going to change, so not much sense talking about it except for the occasional good news groundshare story which I love to rub in their faces because they've been such aholes.

I watched a few minutes of that Ticat stream and it was quite well done, in some ways better than a TSN cast.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Have you seen photos of these soccer guys. hahaha. Looks like mommy lets them out of the basement and they leave their gaming for a few hours to get together and attempt to feel connected with something. DORKS who'd crumble if push came to punch in their yaps.

Argoknot these guys don't spend $15 on a craft beer. Maybe on a scarf.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    So if interpreted correctly, the order of most to least damaging sport to a reinforced turf is:

1 Soccer
    2 Rugby
    3 Football
    Which sport does more or less damage to the field is irrelevant to the debate. Adding 10-12 games of football to a natural surface that is already being used for soccer is going to increase potential damage to that surface.

What's done to compensate for that added potential damage is what matters and I feel the groundskeepers at BMO Field have done well so far.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    You've got to give some credit to the grounds crew that they'll know how to deal with issues when they arise. These guys didn't just drop off applications for a summer grass hacking job.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Which sport does more or less damage to the field is irrelevant to the debate. Adding 10-12 games of football to a natural surface that is already being used for soccer is going to increase potential damage to that surface.

What's done to compensate for that added potential damage is what matters and I feel the groundskeepers at BMO Field have done well so far.
    How is it irrelevant ?
    Soccer does more damage to the turf than football does, but from my understanding as long as soccer (TFC, International, etc) is played at BMO it's okay, but anything else is no good ?