Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I would venture a guess that virtually no TFC fan who is not also an Argo fan bothers to frequent this forum. Therefore flinging "piles" at the bad TFC fans on this forum is about as effective as yelling out the window at them, from Vancouver. If people want to take issue with TFC fans saying stupid things about Argo fans, why not do it somewhere that TFC fans actually frequent, and save those of us who don't care and/or are willing to coexist from reading the same old vitriol?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I would venture a guess that virtually no TFC fan who is not also an Argo fan bothers to frequent this forum. Therefore flinging "piles" at the bad TFC fans on this forum is about as effective as yelling out the window at them, from Vancouver. If people want to take issue with TFC fans saying stupid things about Argo fans, why not do it somewhere that TFC fans actually frequent, and save those of us who don't care and/or are willing to coexist from reading the same old vitriol?
    I don't believe anyone is twisting your arm to read the posts in this thread. And you can't post where they frequent because they will ban you unlike how TFC people are treated here. So if certain TFC people here wish to convey some sort of message that TFC people are all sweetness and light please forgive if some evidence is posted that counters that ideal and if that offends your sensibilities this might be a thread to avoid for a while. But like most threads if left long enough people tire of the argument and move on and this thread will do that too, if left alone.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm not sure how those are "hateful signs directed towards Argos fans" as 1argholic put it.
    And therein lies the problem.

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm with you Paul but haven't we already learned that not everyone is like you and I?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I PM'd you and you decided to make it personal by calling me a "complete idiot" with this post.

And let's get one thing straight about that. Nowhere did I mention who PM'd me. You outed yourself there. Unless of course you saying that it's a given that you are the only one that would send such a useless PM, therefore everyone knew it could only be you.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    T Bone perhaps YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THIS. I've been a fan of The Toronto Argonauts since the late 60's. Your team and MANY of it's fans have been around for what, not even 10 years? Enough said!!! The HATE starts with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't understand the love for soccer. I don't care about them or their team. Just go to their games and shut the hell up. No need for signs as the time for that is well under the bridge. Grab a life and move on. I'm done!

Go Argonauts Go!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    I don't believe anyone is twisting your arm to read the posts in this thread. And you can't post where they frequent because they will ban you unlike how TFC people are treated here. So if certain TFC people here wish to convey some sort of message that TFC people are all sweetness and light please forgive if some evidence is posted that counters that ideal and if that offends your sensibilities this might be a thread to avoid for a while. But like most threads if left long enough people tire of the argument and move on and this thread will do that too, if left alone.
    Correction, people have already tired of the argument. In fact, some of us tired of it months ago. Yet it keeps getting resurrected. Why? So a few people can beat their chests about how superior they are to fans of another team in another sport, and get loudly cheered by a few other people who also feel superior? What does it accomplish? Do you seriously expect any TFC fan to know about it, much less care?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    So a few people can beat their chests about how superior they are to fans of another team in another sport, and get loudly cheered by a few other people who also feel superior?
    Good to see your predilection for fey condescension still exists even if you have the argument totally wrong (at least my motivation)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Good to see your predilection for fey condescension still exists even if you have the argument totally wrong (at least my motivation)
    Damn Argoknot, You really are testing my lack of vocabulary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Sorry Paul .. but you can save yourself from reading the same old crap by avoiding a thread that is clearly labelled. Not having a discussion just because you don't like it is an unfair expectation in a free society. It's not like this evolved inside another thread that was unavoidable for you. There's plenty of threads here I have no interest in but you never see me post in them telling you to stop discussing it.

These threads serve a purpose for frustrated fans to vent and to put condemnation on record.

And Argoknot is correct. They do ban quickly at RPB's at times.

epic pylon

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for coming. You are adding nothing to this conversation. I'm not trolling we are having a debate nobody's is insulting anyone here but you. I'm sure any mod can pick that up. If you have anything to add to this debate than please...fire away

I have nothing against TFC fans nor the MLS I actually can't wait to see a game at BMO. I would be shocked if I got banned for putting my opinions out there even if they don't line up with yours.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This has zero to do with beating chests and saying who's wrong or right! This is about ignorant fans of an upstart team who in the big picture has few fans. Many of these few fans have proven to be total morons on many occasions. The team has been around for a cup of coffee. What does anyone owe them? They were very lucky to have a stadium but now have to share just like The Argonauts had to in the CNE days. However the Argos shared with two other teams. We fans didn't bitch, complain and bring hateful signs about the Jays and Blizzard. Times have changed. It'll all come out in the wash. We'll see how long soccer lasts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This has zero to do with beating chests and saying who's wrong or right! This is about ignorant fans of an upstart team who in the big picture has few fans. Many of these few fans have proven to be total morons on many occasions. The team has been around for a cup of coffee. What does anyone owe them? They were very lucky to have a stadium but now have to share just like The Argonauts had to in the CNE days. However the Argos shared with two other teams. We fans didn't bitch, complain and bring hateful signs about the Jays and Blizzard. Times have changed. It'll all come out in the wash. We'll see how long soccer lasts.
    I used to like the Blizzard and wanted to like TFC when they first started up. Unfortunately, the level of negativity coming from a decent number (but not all) of TFC fans towards the Argos has resulted in my not having any interest in cheering for them.

I have said several times over the years that Canadian football and soccer in this country should be the best of friends as, at a time of limited funds to build stadiums, these two sports can share stadiums very efficiently. If one sport is doing well, it should be good for the other too. Canadian football and soccer seem to co-exist just fine in other Canadian cities but Toronto is an entirely different deal and I would put the majority of that blame on the loud, anti-Argos segment of TFC fans.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I used to like the Blizzard and wanted to like TFC when they first started up. Unfortunately, the level of negativity coming from a decent number (but not all) of TFC fans towards the Argos has resulted in my not having any interest in cheering for them.
    I think it is the TFC fans obnoxious sense of entitlement to a publicly owned building that pisses people off the most.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Canadian football and soccer seem to co-exist just fine in other Canadian cities but Toronto is an entirely different deal and I would put the majority of that blame on the loud, anti-Argos segment of TFC fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I think it is the TFC fans obnoxious sense of entitlement to a publicly owned building that pisses people off the most.

Well said by both of you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have said several times over the years that Canadian football and soccer in this country should be the best of friends as, at a time of limited funds to build stadiums, these two sports can share stadiums very efficiently. If one sport is doing well, it should be good for the other too. Canadian football and soccer seem to co-exist just fine in other Canadian cities but Toronto is an entirely different deal and I would put the majority of that blame on the loud, anti-Argos segment of TFC fans.
    This!
    IMO it doesn't make much sense for the NFL and MLS to share venues due to the size of NFL stadiums, but a 25,000+ seat stadium in Canada is perfect for the MLS and CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    This forum is hardly a raging endorsement for the idea that CFL and MLS should get along because of shared stadiums and so on. Oh well. I'm more interested in anticipating and celebrating what promises to be the greatest or second greatest night in the past 33 years of football in Toronto. Fill your boots condemning TFC and its fans, those of you who dig that. Not for me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    This forum is hardly a raging endorsement for the idea that CFL and MLS should get along because of shared stadiums and so on. Oh well. I'm more interested in anticipating and celebrating what promises to be the greatest or second greatest night in the past 33 years of football in Toronto. Fill your boots condemning TFC and its fans, those of you who dig that. Not for me.
    How so ?
    The vast majority here have zero issue with sharing the facility. Heck even if the roles were reversed and BMO was built for the Argonauts originally I doubt you'd here a peep. Do we react to the ridiculous amount of hate spewed towards us via TFC fans ? Of course we do, but that doesn't mean we don't think the CFL and soccer can co-exist and work with shared facilities.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sorry Paul .. but you can save yourself from reading the same old crap by avoiding a thread that is clearly labelled. Not having a discussion just because you don't like it is an unfair expectation in a free society. It's not like this evolved inside another thread that was unavoidable for you. There's plenty of threads here I have no interest in but you never see me post in them telling you to stop discussing it.

These threads serve a purpose for frustrated fans to vent and to put condemnation on record.

And Argoknot is correct. They do ban quickly at RPB's at times.

epic pylon

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for coming. You are adding nothing to this conversation. I'm not trolling we are having a debate nobody's is insulting anyone here but you. I'm sure any mod can pick that up. If you have anything to add to this debate than please...fire away

I have nothing against TFC fans nor the MLS I actually can't wait to see a game at BMO. I would be shocked if I got banned for putting my opinions out there even if they don't line up with yours.

Thank you, totally on point. I'm surprised you made it to 19 posts, that might be 16 more than some people.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Damn Argoknot, You really are testing my lack of vocabulary.
    You do just fine.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level

Couldn't have said it any better than that.