Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    FWIW, Burris lead the Redblacks to a Grey Cup berth, and won the regular season MOP last season, and Campbell has decided it's Harris' time now. Eventually the Packers told Favre to take a hike. IMO Collaros showed he was special in 2013, he had a lot more "future value" than Ray ever would again. He (Collaros) wanted to be the guy, Hamilton gave him the opportunity that Toronto wouldn't give him, so I have no issue with Collaros leaving, nor how much he loves being a Ticat.
    Burris is also 41. Ray was what? 33 when he was coming off those years? Huge difference.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Burris is also 41. Ray was what? 33 when he was coming off those years? Huge difference.
    LOL
    Yes, I know that there's an age difference, but the point still remains: you have to know when to go with the younger guy, and IMO Collaros should have been the guy moving forward.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So are you saying that we should be starting Kilgore (or someone else who is on our roster and healthy) over Ray once Ray is healthy?
    Of course not, I am referring to the Collaros and Harris years isn't that evident.
    Ray should not be on this team and this is now evident to pretty much everyone.
    The same vast majority of people including Angelo who were vile and downright a..holes in their response to me in fact going way overboard.
    I will never forget that as there is a civil way to discuss matters.
    Their ilk does not subscribe to civility.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Of course not, I am referring to the Collaros and Harris years isn't that evident.
    The same vast majority of people including Angelo who were vile and downright a..holes in their response to me in fact going way overboard.
    Yes, the civil way to discuss matters would've been to end your post after the first two lines.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Argotom you're a poet and don't even know it. "Their Ilk Does Not Subscribe To Civility" I wouldn't want my ilk subscribing to that either. It's a no brainer really.

Tom, Callaros and Harris are gone!!!!!!!!! They are dead and gone!!! Why go on about it? I wish we could have a returner like Bashir Levingston back but it's never going to happen. Some things need to be let go so one can live their life without stress in a happy, healthy way. Football shouldn't kill anyone.
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 08-23-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    of course not, i am referring to the collaros and harris years isn't that evident.
    The same vast majority of people including angelo who were vile and downright a..holes in their response to me in fact going way overboard.
    lmfao.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    LOL
    Yes, I know that there's an age difference, but the point still remains: you have to know when to go with the younger guy, and IMO Collaros should have been the guy moving forward.
    Sometimes going with the younger guy blows up in your face as it did when the Argos went with Rickey Foggie over Matt Dunigan. I agreed with that move at the time as Foggie was always strong filling in for Dunigan but it didn't work out and set the franchise back for the next four years.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Sometimes going with the younger guy blows up in your face as it did when the Argos went with Rickey Foggie over Matt Dunigan. I agreed with that move at the time as Foggie was always strong filling in for Dunigan but it didn't work out and set the franchise back for the next four years.
    Yes, it does work both ways. The issue here now has become that Barker and Milanovich have let go of both Collaros and Harris, and I know some won't like to hear this, but Ray is getting close to the end of the road. Look at it this way - in 2012, 13, and 14, Ray was generally thought to be one of the Top 3 Qb's in the League, but how many would seriously consider Ray in the Top 3 today with Collaros, Reilly, Mitchel and Harris' crazy start ?

We had rising stars in Collaros and Harris, but stuck with the fading star Ricky Ray.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    This forum has become totally consumed with discussing three ex-Argos, all of whom left as free agents (as was their right). Anyone want to discuss anyone on the current roster other than Ricky Ray and Logan Kilgore? Or maybe we could discuss players who were cut and then went on to star elsewhere?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Let it go. Move on. They're gone (as free agents after turning down contract offers from the Argonauts) and they aren't coming back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Let it go. Move on. They're gone (as free agents after turning down contract offers from the Argonauts) and they aren't coming back.
    I don't recall Collaros getting a contract offer.

As for Harris, I know Barker said he supposedly offered Harris more, but sorry I don't buy it. If Harris would've been given the reported $400k (2nd year) deal he received in Ottawa and named the starter, I'm pretty sure he would've stayed. If you'll recall during contract negotiations Harris and his agent wanted him to earn starters money (essentially naming him the starter), seeing as that didn't happen: that's most likely why he left. Please don't make it seem like the Argonauts did everything they could to keep them and Harris/Collaros left anyways - they left to be "the guy".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    You had me until the brackets.
    Neither was given first string money with the promise they would compete for the starting job.
    It was always Ricky's team.
    Had Ray been traded or released like Burris, no question first Collaros then Harris in the absence of the latter would still be here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Neither was given first string money with the promise they would compete for the starting job.
    Harris was told there'd be an "open competition" between he and Ray. I don't believe it would have been a truly open competition, and something tells me Harris didn't either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Harris was told there'd be an "open competition" between he and Ray. I don't believe it would have been a truly open competition, and something tells me Harris didn't either.
    Agreed.
    The die was cast when Milanovich went with the injured Ray in the playoff game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Argotom you're a poet and don't even know it. "Their Ilk Does Not Subscribe To Civility" I wouldn't want my ilk subscribing to that either. It's a no brainer really.

Tom, Callaros and Harris are gone!!!!!!!!! They are dead and gone!!! Why go on about it? I wish we could have a returner like Bashir Levingston back but it's never going to happen. Some things need to be let go so one can live their life without stress in a happy, healthy way. Football shouldn't kill anyone.
    Bashir was one exciting kick returner. Had something like 15 returned for TD's. I can remember more than a few called back for the old illegal block call. I kind of doubt Levingston could have the same success now the way the officials are calling every little push not made in the front. I said before, maybe it's time to go back to the old no blocking rule. Watching some of the old games before the blocking rule came into effect, the returners would get at least 5 yards before going down. Now they're back 10 yards most of the time because of a flag. One of the things ruining the game IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    FWIW, Burris lead the Redblacks to a Grey Cup berth, and won the regular season MOP last season, and Campbell has decided it's Harris' time now.
    Not comparable since Burris has played horribly. If Burris was playing decent to well ... Harris would not be starting. Ray has yet to play as bad as Burris did this season.

Ray's stats this season match up well with the league leaders and has a bottom half receiving corps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't recall Collaros getting a contract offer.

I'm sure he was. He was released just prior to the FA period, and that only happens when both sides realize a deal can't be made. If the only way Collaros was going to sign would have been to cut Ray, then that was not going to happen. He was only 33 and coming off 2 very good seasons.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Agreed.
    The die was cast when Milanovich went with the injured Ray in the playoff game.
    Did you not see how Harris played in 4 starts at Tim Horton's field? Ray was better in the playoff game than Harris was in any of those 4 games despite not even being nearly 100%. Go and watch all of them on Youtube and then tell me I'm wrong. Ray has also been very good this year. Doesn't turn the ball over, and gives the team a chance to win every game.

Let's just wait for the end of the season before we continue anointing Harris a some sort of future hall of famer. Those WR screens can't work forever.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    It certainly would have been wise to have chosen to keep Collaros over Ray, just as it certainly was extremely foolish to pull the rug out from under Harris, the team, and the fans last season.

However, I don't think it's accurate, or fair, to label Ray as "washed up" (IIRC, you applied that term to Ray in a previous post). In fact, Ray has been a help, not a hindrance, this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Not comparable since Burris has played horribly. If Burris was playing decent to well ... Harris would not be starting. Ray has yet to play as bad as Burris did this season.

Ray's stats this season match up well with the league leaders and has a bottom half receiving corps.
    Burris' finger is still injured btw. I must be watching a different CFL, because IMO Ray was not playing like the elite. Sorry, but not throwing picks doesn't equal elite IMO.
    I'm sure he was. He was released just prior to the FA period, and that only happens when both sides realize a deal can't be made. If the only way Collaros was going to sign would have been to cut Ray, then that was not going to happen. He was only 33 and coming off 2 very good seasons.
    So he left to be the guy then correct ? Not because of Braley's ownership ?
    Did you not see how Harris played in 4 starts at Tim Horton's field? Ray was better in the playoff game than Harris was in any of those 4 games despite not even being nearly 100%. Go and watch all of them on Youtube and then tell me I'm wrong. Ray has also been very good this year. Doesn't turn the ball over, and gives the team a chance to win every game.

Let's just wait for the end of the season before we continue anointing Harris a some sort of future hall of famer. Those WR screens can't work forever.
    I don't think anyone is calling Harris a hall of famer, but he was playing well. I agree though, the wr screens can't work forever - I've seen it enough here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    It certainly would have been wise to have chosen to keep Collaros over Ray, just as it certainly was extremely foolish to pull the rug out from under Harris, the team, and the fans last season.

However, I don't think it's accurate, or fair, to label Ray as "washed up" (IIRC, you applied that term to Ray in a previous post). In fact, Ray has been a help, not a hindrance, this season.
    Ray may not be washed up (personally I think he's done, he can only manage games now, and doesn't throw mid to deep balls the way he used to), but I don't think anyone can honestly say that he's not nearing the end.