Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Any domino effect with Jyles not working out was unintentional.
    Tillman had 0 to do with Reilly signing in Edmonton.

Maybe so but it all worked out in the wash.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Tillman was promoted earlier this year and Austin stepped down as GM, probably to avoid the scenario of Toronto or Saskatchewan reaching out to him.
    It does not hurt to ask the Cats for permission at year end or sooner to speak with Tillman and by upping to include VP of football operations, that is an increase in current status so eligible to get out of his contract.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    It does not hurt to ask the Cats for permission at year end or sooner to speak with Tillman and by upping to include VP of football operations, that is an increase in current status so eligible to get out of his contract.
    If a move were to be made: I'd go for Brock Sunderland instead of Tillman. He's currently an Assistant GM with the Ottawa Redblacks.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    A couple of bad losses and this forum becomes dominated by posts reading "This message is hidden because FILL IN THE BLANK is on your ignore list." So sadly predictable.
    What did you say ...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    A couple of bad losses and this forum becomes dominated by posts reading "This message is hidden because FILL IN THE BLANK is on your ignore list." So sadly predictable.
    You must have a lot of people on your ignore list then.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It's blatantly obvious Barker and Milanovich screwed up by not having a competent back-up on the roster for this season.

Whether they can make a desperation move and remedy the situation, or pray that Ray returns and doesn't get injured the rest of the season, remains to be seen.

If Ray isn't ready next game, you have to go with McPherson. Kilgore is clearly not ready and I'm not sure Lefevour knows the offense well enough yet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    It's blatantly obvious Barker and Milanovich screwed up by not having a competent back-up on the roster for this season.

Whether they can make a desperation move and remedy the situation, or pray that Ray returns and doesn't get injured the rest of the season, remains to be seen.

If Ray isn't ready next game, you have to go with McPherson. Kilgore is clearly not ready and I'm not sure Lefevour knows the offense well enough yet.

That's putting it mildly, it's not the back up they screwed up on what about the last two years?
    Ray is almost done.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    That's putting it mildly, it's not the back up they screwed up on what about the last two years?
    Ray is almost done.
    What about them?

Harris decided to go to Ottawa. And he hasn't shown me that he's anything special. The majority of his yards have been YAC.

A decision to choose unproven Zach over Ray, who at the time was what? 33? and still had plenty of gas left in the tank would have been illogical at best.

I thankful argotom isn't in charge of the franchise. After one bad game everyone would be fired or cut and no one in their right mind would want to come to play for the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    What about them?

Harris decided to go to Ottawa. And he hasn't shown me that he's anything special. The majority of his yards have been YAC.

A decision to choose unproven Zach over Ray, who at the time was what? 33? and still had plenty of gas left in the tank would have been illogical at best.

I thankful argotom isn't in charge of the franchise. After one bad game everyone would be fired or cut and no one in their right mind would want to come to play for the Argos.

No KC, Milanovich and Barker both have to be fired.
    I was able to see how Zach was a special type QB.
    That comes along only every few years.
    Like I said previously, he reminds me even on a smaller scale of Doug Flutie.
    Now if that huge mistake was not bad enough, it's done again last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Nothing. But with so many comedians out of work, It appears to me as thought this forum has become something of an audition for these guys. Hope they all have real jobs to fall back on.
    Is this gratuitous insult pointed in my direction? If so, not the sort of behaviour I'd expect from you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

No sense in panicking now KC, have to get by with what they have until seasons end and address the situation as a whole in the off season of all goes bad.
    If this season flames out ownership will have to clean house, I'm hoping they can hold it together and get going but have my doubts.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Holy shit, It's a football forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CANCER. Sometimes you just have to post silly assed shit! I try but it all turns to shit.

This season is the same as every Milanovich/Barker season. .500 teams with ups and downs, qb issues, penalty issues, horrible games followed by a good game or two. We'll either come out the other end with a 9-9 record in the playoffs and surprise or go down in flames.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Holy shit, It's a football forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CANCER. Sometimes you just have to post silly assed shit! I try but it all turns to shit.

This season is the same as every Milanovich/Barker season. .500 teams with ups and downs, qb issues, penalty issues, horrible games followed by a good game or two. We'll either come out the other end with a 9-9 record in the playoffs and surprise or go down in flames.
    And by your assessment of the situation I'd have to agree that the Argos are spinning their wheels. They say that if you're not progressing, you're regressing. It may be time for Milo to step down at the end of the season if the Argos miss or get knocked out of the playoffs early. How many players have tuned Milo out? We don't know for sure but a .500 team is usually suspect of a coach that is being tuned out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    No sense in panicking now KC, have to get by with what they have until seasons end and address the situation as a whole in the off season of all goes bad.
    If this season flames out ownership will have to clean house, I'm hoping they can hold it together and get going but have my doubts.
    The most sensible of all posts I have read the last couple of weeks.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    And by your assessment of the situation I'd have to agree that the Argos are spinning their wheels. They say that if you're not progressing, you're regressing. It may be time for Milo to step down at the end of the season if the Argos miss or get knocked out of the playoffs early. How many players have tuned Milo out? We don't know for sure but a .500 team is usually suspect of a coach that is being tuned out.
    So by that logic is Saskatchewan regressing?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    No KC, Milanovich and Barker both have to be fired.
    I was able to see how Zach was a special type QB.
    That comes along only every few years.
    Like I said previously, he reminds me even on a smaller scale of Doug Flutie.
    Now if that huge mistake was not bad enough, it's done again last year.
    Jury is still out on Harris. Let's see him win a playoff game before we start proclaiming the fact we didn't offer him $350K and a starting position was a mistake.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Is making another QB move – especially if Ray gets hurt again – a panic move, though?

I mean if Barker thinks he's going to get fired if we miss the playoffs, why would he not make any move and stick with what we have if it is not keeping the team competitive?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The RedBlacks decision to start Harris this week is another example of the tone of the new franchise. Watching the RedBlacks vs. the Argos for 3 years now, I can't help but admire the teams willingness to take chances. For me the current Argos lack excitement. The don't take chances, and their willingness to go down with a conservative approach doesn't generate fan support. Ottawa has generated a rabid fan base quickly in a city where most assumed the CFL was dead. Bodes well for the future of the Argos when the franchise get it right!

By the way, Trevor Harris sure looks smart in his decision right now. Milanovich and Barker were always keeping his team for Ricky Ray and most certainly sink or swim with that decision. Trevor would have played a lot this year for the Argos but knowing Ricky was always coming back. Ottawa is now his team to lose.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    1971GreyCup you mailed it with line about not taking chances and being overly conservative. I've been saying that about Milanovich basically since day one. I don't dislike him as much as many on here but it seems to be in his makeup as a coach to be conservative. There's times when he should toss the challenge flag and he just holds it tight. They never run any innovative plays, it's just the same boring offensive systems. He sticks to certain players and rides them win or lose. He had to start Kilgore after his comments the previous game about how he didn't care if he tossed 8 picks but he should just keep throwing. So start the guy but after a series or two yank him and give anyone else a go. Speaking of spinning wheels this team will continue to be in the mix as a .500 team but doing nothing too exciting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    You must have a lot of people on your ignore list then.
    Quality, not quantity.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7