Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Milanovich had every right to play Ray late last year if he believed Ray gave the team the best chance to win in 2015. Once the season ended though, the onus shifted to Barker to sign the QBs on the roster for Milanovich to select from in 2016.
    Precisely, but with one additional point that repeatedly gets overlooked around here: Harris was a free agent, 100% in control of whether he signed or didn't. Barker has claimed (some don't believe him) that he offered a better contract than Ottawa did. Harris chose to go to Ottawa. Maybe he did so because he was benched late last season, maybe he did so because he thought Burris would be easier to beat out than Ray, maybe he did so because he prefers small-city life. Who knows? But Barker gets blamed for something that was entirely out of his control.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe while having dinner, Barker took the bigger pork chop, leaving the small one for Harris. That would piss anyone off.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Maybe while having dinner, Barker took the bigger pork chop, leaving the small one for Harris. That would piss anyone off.
    Maybe Barker ate food of Harris' plate although that usually results in worse.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    But Barker gets blamed for something that was entirely out of his control.
    Agreed.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Agreed.
    Barker is still responsible for plenty IMO.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Barker is still responsible for plenty IMO.
    I agree with that as well.

Boatman
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Precisely, but with one additional point that repeatedly gets overlooked around here: Harris was a free agent, 100% in control of whether he signed or didn't. Barker has claimed (some don't believe him) that he offered a better contract than Ottawa did. Harris chose to go to Ottawa. Maybe he did so because he was benched late last season, maybe he did so because he thought Burris would be easier to beat out than Ray, maybe he did so because he prefers small-city life. Who knows? But Barker gets blamed for something that was entirely out of his control.
    Well, we have Barker's word that his offer was better. Doubt we'll ever know based on all the different parties who would have to be willing to share their POV. I can only speculate, but if they had told Harris you're the #1, here's #1 money, and Ray will not be coming back, I think he would have stayed. If that was the offer and Harris still went to Ottawa, that would probably speak more to Harris' relationship to Milanovich than anything else. Again, we may never know, so my speculation is just as pointless as the next person's. Going back to what we can assess, Barker's roster assembly and his use of draft picks in trades, I still see a GM who's time has come.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    As of right now, the Argos hold the number one pick in next year's draft.
    It has been traded away, along with a third round pick and a starting DB, for a QB who has looked terrible and is not playing.
    Those facts alone warrant dismissal of JB and SM for bad management.
    I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

The ONLY way they could be kept is if ownership dictated that the club do whatever it deemed necessary to make a run at the Grey Cup. With Ray injured at the time, and no clearly capable replacement, a desperation move would be required. That move would be on ownership then, not JB/SM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    It has been traded away, along with a third round pick and a starting DB, for a QB who has looked terrible and is not playing.
    Agreed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Agreed....or, or maybe Harris caught Barker washing his hands in Trevor's glass of water.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Agreed....or, or maybe Harris caught Barker washing his hands in Trevor's glass of water.
    He thought it was the finger bowl. Anyone can make that mistake. Not his fault Harris asks for lemon in his water.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Agreed.

If this was the only issue!
    There have been many many horrible player decisions made by this duo that we here have detailed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post

The ONLY way they could be kept is if ownership dictated that the club do whatever it deemed necessary to make a run at the Grey Cup. With Ray injured at the time, and no clearly capable replacement, a desperation move would be required. That move would be on ownership then, not JB/SM.
    The third option is that they brass knew this season was lost so they decided to blow it up now. They traded for their QB of the future and cut other riff raff they no longer wanted to put up with. You are assuming that the entire brass don't communicate or have any clue to what's going on. Clearly Milo sold the brass on his vision to fix the ship and they are giving him the shot.

All actual evidence shows that Milo will be back next season Willy will be the starter. And if any firings will be happening it won't be until next season if this plan does not work.

There's a big difference between wanting someone fired vs looking at what is actually occurring. (Because we all agree that every Milo and Barker move lately were solely done to save their jobs for this year)

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I believe Mark Trestman is available now. Keep Barker and hire an offensive minded HC and OC. Keep Stubbs and hope for a lot less injuries build some continuity on the D side of the game. We should have lots of D talent to choose from. But the glaring weakness is our offense it is substandard and very predictable. Barker has found lots of D talent for us this year out of necessity now we should focus on the O side. A new RB is a priority. Would open up lots of possibilities. I would like to see Fajardo get opportunity to play. Good arm and good mobility and physical size should equate to a winner if he has leadership skills. Ron Lancaster built a career on a so so arm and enogh running skills to save himself but he was an excellent leader.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    If this was the only issue!
    There have been many many horrible player decisions made by this duo that we here have detailed.
    Of course it's not the only move/issue, but if people weren't sure about giving Barker and Milanovich the boot before, the Drew Willy trade should seal it IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    The third option is that they brass knew this season was lost so they decided to blow it up now. They traded for their QB of the future and cut other riff raff they no longer wanted to put up with. You are assuming that the entire brass don't communicate or have any clue to what's going on. Clearly Milo sold the brass on his vision to fix the ship and they are giving him the shot.

All actual evidence shows that Milo will be back next season Willy will be the starter. And if any firings will be happening it won't be until next season if this plan does not work.

There's a big difference between wanting someone fired vs looking at what is actually occurring. (Because we all agree that every Milo and Barker move lately were solely done to save their jobs for this year)
    TBH, I can't see how any logical thinking leads to keeping Milo and Barker - aside from the 2 years remaining on their contracts and not wanting it "eat" said contracts. It is concerning to think that they might actually be kept around. I hope Ownership and Copeland are smart enough and have the cajones to make the moves this team sorely needs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiemac View Post
    I believe Mark Trestman is available now. Keep Barker and hire an offensive minded HC and OC. Keep Stubbs and hope for a lot less injuries build some continuity on the D side of the game. We should have lots of D talent to choose from. But the glaring weakness is our offense it is substandard and very predictable. Barker has found lots of D talent for us this year out of necessity now we should focus on the O side. A new RB is a priority. Would open up lots of possibilities. I would like to see Fajardo get opportunity to play. Good arm and good mobility and physical size should equate to a winner if he has leadership skills. Ron Lancaster built a career on a so so arm and enogh running skills to save himself but he was an excellent leader.
    I don't think I'd call the offense the "glaring issue" - we have the worst defense in the CFL right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Of course it's not the only move/issue, but if people weren't sure about giving Barker and Milanovich the boot before, the Drew Willy trade should seal it IMO

TBH, I can't see how any logical thinking leads to keeping Milo and Barker - aside from the 2 years remaining on their contracts and not wanting it "eat" said contracts. It is concerning to think that they might actually be kept around. I hope Ownership and Copeland are smart enough and have the cajones to make the moves this team sorely needs.
    Not saying I disagree with you. But everything Milo and Barker are doing right now point to them being here next season. If there was any chance they would be gone the trade never happens and the big 3 are not cut for nothing. So Milo sold his vision for one last shot.

I wasn't exactly happy that Milo quit last game by not kicking the FG with 3 min to go. And I have railed on receivers not being open all year which points just as much at them as it does the system they are in. (I just feel bad for QB's getting so much blame when it's not on them)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I don't think I'd call the offense the "glaring issue" - we have the worst defense in the CFL right now.
    The entire team, with a handful of players excepted, is one huge dog's breakfast.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    The entire team, with a handful of players excepted, is one huge dog's breakfast.
    Yeah, all three phases of this team are pretty bad. I'm actually a bit surprised Jeffrey doesn't get mentioned much here, he deserves the chopping block as well IMO. Jordan Younger 2 years as db coach has been a disaster as well, I think he should have been gone last season. My signature says it all.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Jordan Younger 2 years as db coach has been a disaster as well, I think he should have been gone last season. My signature says it all.
    The thing with position coaches is just how much do they really contribute to the team's success/failure? I remember you mentioning in the past about Younger having his players doing something specific like giving so much of a cushion or something like that but when the receivers struggle, is it really on the receivers coach?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.