Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Just for the record, although raising the subject is like pissing into the wind: there is, in fact, no such thing as "race". Scientifically, this meme is nonsense. Ethnicity, geography and the consequence of differing amounts of exposure to ultraviolet radiation over evolutionary time are real. There is no such thing as "race".
    Just for the record what does this have to do with anything I said?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Milanovich doesn't have to lose a game, I've disliked him for years and the way he coaches. The Argos need a coach with a pulse, and balls.
    So are you going to start singing "Good By Milly" or something. It worked for Leo.
    I see a lot of good on this Argo team. It is too bad we couldn't keep Collaros or Harris to succeed Ricky, like teams were able to do in years gone by. But that is the way it is now with FA and the Cap. The same thing with the good assistant Coaches.
    Barker has brought in a good bunch of young Canadians in the last 2 or 3 years, that IMO will keep the Argos competitive for years to come. I don't know why they can't keep a few of the game changing Imports like some of the Western teams seem to be able to do. Here an Import has a good year and he's off to the NFL and is never the same player if he does come back.
    Probably just about every fan has some bone to pick with Coaching decisions. I didn't agree with starting Watman instead of an Import at RG. But you know, if they do go that way, now that they feel McEwen is ready at Center, Watman has some good game experience to be a great back up. The real season in the CFL starts in September anyway.
    Milanovich just needs to get some of the key players back from injury to become a better Coach.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Just for the record what does this have to do with anything I said?
    Nothing. But with so many comedians out of work, It appears to me as thought this forum has become something of an audition for these guys. Hope they all have real jobs to fall back on.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Tillman lost his job trading Ricky Ray and going with Mike Reilly and Matt Nichols in 2012. Aka Brett Farve and Aaron Rogers in GreenBay. Didn't work out too bad for Edmonton after all as displayed tonight. Argos 2016 season looks as shaky as Ricky Ray's knee. Edmonton's future looks sound.
    Last edited by 1971GreyCup; 08-21-2016 at 08:14 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Tillman lost his job trading Ricky Ray and going with Mike Reilly and Matt Nichols in 2012. Matt Nichols and Aaron Rogers. Didn't work out too bad for Edmonton after all as displayed tonight.
    ????
    What does Aaron Rodgers have to do with Ray/Reilly/Nichols?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm giving myself the 24 hour rule. But for the morons who keep making excuses for this club, I'll answer the original question of this thread.

Of course Barker and Milanovich should be fired. The team has no depth, no capable backups, free agent signings have played shit, OC has no experience and calls plays like it, and the head coach has no control or discipline over his players, they are not made to account.

Injuries are an excuse, did anyone actually think any team will go 18 games without an injury to a starter.

I'm still in shock from that horrible effort and performance, and I was expecting it (losing is one thing, but the effort). Can you imagine a casual fan coming to a game because they didn't want to watch an NFL game on TV. Do you think they'll come back. I don't and I'm a season ticket holder who's followed the team all year.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 08-21-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Tillman lost his job trading Ricky Ray and going with Mike Reilly and Matt Nichols in 2012. Matt Nichols and Aaron Rogers. Didn't work out too bad for Edmonton after all as displayed tonight. Argos 2016 season looks as shaky as Ricky Ray's knee. Edmonton's future looks sound.
    You just may be talking about our next GM. His teams were always professional and never got blown out a lot at home, unlike this Argo team...he's turned other organizations around in the past.

Surprised to read that his official role in Hamilton is GM, I thought Austin was GM but you could bet that Austin has full control as he is still Tillman's boss as head of football ops. I could see something being worked out in the future.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Tillman was promoted earlier this year and Austin stepped down as GM, probably to avoid the scenario of Toronto or Saskatchewan reaching out to him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Tillman was promoted earlier this year and Austin stepped down as GM, probably to avoid the scenario of Toronto or Saskatchewan reaching out to him.
    Fine, but what does Aaron Rodgers have to do with Ray/Reilly/Nichols as I asked above regarding your earlier post?

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    All I know is that since Logan Kilgore's INT (the 1st one) vs Winnipeg this team has played as poorly as I have ever seen it.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Tillman lost his job trading Ricky Ray and going with Mike Reilly and Matt Nichols in 2012. Aka Brett Farve and Aaron Rogers in GreenBay. Didn't work out too bad for Edmonton after all as displayed tonight. Argos 2016 season looks as shaky as Ricky Ray's knee. Edmonton's future looks sound.
    Mike Reilly was brought in by Ed Hervey - not Tillman. Tillman brought in Steven Jyles and Kerry Joseph.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    My auto correct dropped Farve/Rogers Packers reference to sticking with a HOF QB at the expense of a franchise player. Reilly has years ahead of him and Tillman lost his job 4 years ago making that decision. Doesn't look like too bad a decision right now and going forward even better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    But for the morons who keep making excuses for this club,
    Just the same as all the morons who bitch about everything.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    My auto correct dropped Farve/Rogers Packers reference to sticking with a HOF QB at the expense of a franchise player. Reilly has years ahead of him and Tillman lost his job 4 years ago making that decision. Doesn't look like too bad a decision right now and going forward even better.
    Tillman isn't the person who brought in Mike Reilly though. He got rid of the HOF QB because he thought he could win with Steven Jyles and Kerry Joseph. He got fired when the Esks' BOD realized what an idiotic move he had made.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Just the same as all the morons who bitch about everything.
    You mean there isn't a reason to bitch about that horrible performance yesterday, and don't give me the injuries line. Every team goes through injuries in an 18 game schedule, but they don't come off as unprepared as the boatmen were yesterday. I could see this slaughter coming from a mile away. It was very predictable, but what wasn't was the lack of effort on all facets of the game. Jock mentioned how bad the defence was on TSN and I agree. The Eskimos went up and down the field like they were the only team on it...embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Tillman isn't the person who brought in Mike Reilly though. He got rid of the HOF QB because he thought he could win with Steven Jyles and Kerry Joseph. He got fired when the Esks' BOD realized what an idiotic move he had made.
    They also fired him because he was not visible in the community. It's no more idiotic than letting two young QB's who've played well in the league sign with other teams like Barker did. Perhaps that's an indication of what they think of Milanovich's offensive playbook. Barker stunk as a head coach here previously and was just as bad in Calgary. Only in the CFL can you do a crap job as a head coach and get a promotion to GM. Barker owes this GM job to Anthony Calvillo who made him look good as an OC in Montreal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post

I am not so sure it was an idiotic move Ravi.
    Tillman is no idiot, he realized how Ray even back in 2012 was on the downside of his career.
    Sure he lead the Argos and then had an MOP season, but his move did ultimately result in a domino effect with Jyles not working out and the eventual FA signing of Reilly.
    Had Ray still been with the club, likely the same blinders that we have here with (mis)management could have been involved.
    The bottom line he was not afraid to pull the trigger and where they are now plus last year means it did not set the franchise back, like our Argos now for what appears many years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I just read on TSN how Harris now recovered from injury is starting ahead of Burris this week.
    Clearly Campbell is looking for the best player unlike the stubborn Milanovich who would never make this move.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Clearly Campbell is looking for the best player unlike the stubborn Milanovich who would never make this move.
    No only stubborn, but useless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    A couple of bad losses and this forum becomes dominated by posts reading "This message is hidden because FILL IN THE BLANK is on your ignore list." So sadly predictable.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I am not so sure it was an idiotic move Ravi.
    Tillman is no idiot, he realized how Ray even back in 2012 was on the downside of his career.
    Sure he lead the Argos and then had an MOP season, but his move did ultimately result in a domino effect with Jyles not working out and the eventual FA signing of Reilly.
    Had Ray still been with the club, likely the same blinders that we have here with (mis)management could have been involved.
    The bottom line he was not afraid to pull the trigger and where they are now plus last year means it did not set the franchise back, like our Argos now for what appears many years.
    Any domino effect with Jyles not working out was unintentional.
    Tillman had 0 to do with Reilly signing in Edmonton.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022