Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I believe Mark Trestman is available now. Keep Barker and hire an offensive minded HC and OC. Keep Stubbs and hope for a lot less injuries build some continuity on the D side of the game. We should have lots of D talent to choose from. But the glaring weakness is our offense it is substandard and very predictable. Barker has found lots of D talent for us this year out of necessity now we should focus on the O side. A new RB is a priority. Would open up lots of possibilities. I would like to see Fajardo get opportunity to play. Good arm and good mobility and physical size should equate to a winner if he has leadership skills. Ron Lancaster built a career on a so so arm and enogh running skills to save himself but he was an excellent leader.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiemac View Post
    I believe Mark Trestman is available now. Keep Barker and hire an offensive minded HC and OC. Keep Stubbs and hope for a lot less injuries build some continuity on the D side of the game. We should have lots of D talent to choose from. But the glaring weakness is our offense it is substandard and very predictable. Barker has found lots of D talent for us this year out of necessity now we should focus on the O side. A new RB is a priority. Would open up lots of possibilities. I would like to see Fajardo get opportunity to play. Good arm and good mobility and physical size should equate to a winner if he has leadership skills. Ron Lancaster built a career on a so so arm and enogh running skills to save himself but he was an excellent leader.
    I don't think I'd call the offense the "glaring issue" - we have the worst defense in the CFL right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't think I'd call the offense the "glaring issue" - we have the worst defense in the CFL right now.
    The entire team, with a handful of players excepted, is one huge dog's breakfast.

Boatman
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Agreed. Just look at the Points Allowed in the current standings. After this Bye Week is finished, it will be even clearer. I mean come on, even if Sask. allows 50 pts. against this week, the Argos D will still be last in Pts. Allowed.
    To say nothing of Time of Possession, don't even want to know that stat...

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    #1 defense against the pass
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiemac View Post
    I believe Mark Trestman is available now. Keep Barker and hire an offensive minded HC and OC. .
    You realize that Trestman would hire Milo and Brady? ;-)

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I would want a totally new offensive system.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    This thread has as much credibility as "Say what? 15,000 etc"
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Spock Milanovich should have been canned at the end of last season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The inclusion of Barker's name in the title of this thread is ridiculous.

As I have said before, (a) the benching of Harris was a bad decision, and (b) I won't be sorry to see the end of the Milanovich era in Toronto.
    However, the notion of firing him after a .500 start is unreasonable. If the team fails to win one playoff game, or even to reach the post-season, that's a different story. Meanwhile, let him do his job.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The conversation shouldn't start until the end of the season - if it should come up at all. Firing within seasons usually means you have to hire in house and IMO we have no one good enough for replacements.

Barker IMO has done a pretty good job as GM here. Look at our Canadian talent; IMO we have one of the best if not thee best. The only real place we've really struggled is the defensive backfield, and how much of that was/is due to having 4 DC's in 4 years ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Once and for all can we get this straight -- both Collaros and Harris left as free agents. That is their right -- the same right every player has when his contract expires. They were not let go by Barker. They chose to leave. And in at least one of the two cases, that was after receiving a generous offer from Barker. So stop blaming him for their departures. Unless you think they should have been signed to 10-yr contracts before ever playing a game. They just did what tons of other guys (including our "own" Josh Bourke) have done.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Once and for all can we get this straight -- both Collaros and Harris left as free agents. That is their right -- the same right every player has when his contract expires. They were not let go by Barker. They chose to leave. And in at least one of the two cases, that was after receiving a generous offer from Barker. So stop blaming him for their departures. Unless you think they should have been signed to 10-yr contracts before ever playing a game. They just did what tons of other guys (including our "own" Josh Bourke) have done.
    They did release Collaros prior to free agency.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level

They only left when Ray was anointed as the starter, they obviously did not want back up status or money.
    Barker is to blame for staying with Ray and evaluating him ahead of these two.
    That's a clear error in judgment, or in this case evaluating talent.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    They only left when Ray was anointed as the starter, they obviously did not want back up status or money.
    Barker is to blame for staying with Ray and evaluating him ahead of these two.
    That's a clear error in judgment, or in this case evaluating talent.
    The GM acquires the QBs - it isn't his job to decide who starts. The target of your wrath is misplaced.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am not sure Barker or Milanovich's are totally blameless here. Negotiations are more than just about money. Harris has been here since 2012. Clearly, because Harris took less money to go to in Ottawa than to stay. Maybe Harris went to the RedBlack's because of their HC, OC and receivers. They look very good now and may be for the foreseeable future.

I make a living valuing assets. Present value = today's value plus the sum of all total future values. In Collaros situation, Ricky Ray then had more future value and I can see Barker's case.

In Harris's I am not so sure. Ricky Ray may have higher current value but little or no future value. I believe Ricky Ray was signed first and then Harris chose to go. It seems to me that Ricky may be done after this year or maybe next year at the latest. I think it's the GM's responsibility to find away to keep Harris. He didn't. While this has a big impact this year, the larger impact may be out in 2017 and beyond.

Eric Tillman's error in letting Ricky Ray go hurt them in 2012, but they have the same number of Grey Cups as Toronto and Mike Reilly looks like it won't be his last Grey Cup the way he is playing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am not sure Barker or Milanovich's are totally blameless here. Negotiations are more than just about money. Harris has been here since 2012. Clearly, because Harris took less money to go to in Ottawa than to stay. Maybe Harris went to the RedBlack's because of their HC, OC and receivers. They look very good now and may be for the foreseeable future.

I make a living valuing assets. Present value = today's value plus the sum of all total future values. In Collaros situation, Ricky Ray then had more future value and I can see Barker's case.

In Harris's I am not so sure. Ricky Ray may have higher current value but little or no future value. I believe Ricky Ray was signed first and then Harris chose to go. It seems to me that Ricky may be done after this year or maybe next year at the latest. I think it's the GM's responsibility to find away to keep Harris. He didn't. While this has a big impact this year, the larger impact may be out in 2017 and beyond.

Eric Tillman's error in letting Ricky Ray go hurt them in 2012, but they have the same number of Grey Cups as Toronto and Mike Reilly looks like it won't be his last Grey Cup the way he is playing.
    Well stated, sometimes people seem to forget this isn't the Ricky Ray of 2012.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Ray had more future value than Collaros ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    In 2012, It could be argued that Ray had more future value. Collaros proved himself over a longer sample period in Hamilton, not Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    In 2012, It could be argued that Ray had more future value. Collaros proved himself over a longer sample period in Hamilton, not Toronto.
    I completely disagree.