Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    He's past his expiry date.
    Kackert still much better than Josey. He just takes a little while to get his motor going now. He also needs touches because I remember many, and I mean many, on this board saying he should've been cut because we had Cory Boyd in 2012. Was sold on Milanovich and the team winning the 2012 Grey Cup when they cut Boyd to make Kackert the undisputed #1 back. I think Kackert could be as effective as Whitaker and could provide a real balanced attack without depending on Ray to through 40 passes a game. Keep the defenses on their heals.

Boatman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    could spread the ball to the rest of the team ........... that will keep the defenses guessing instead of knowing that it is only going to 3 people in the passing game!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    He's past his expiry date.
    Based on what? In the one game that he was actually utilized properly last season he excelled. He hasn't been used properly since.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Kackert still much better than Josey. He just takes a little while to get his motor going now. He also needs touches because I remember many, and I mean many, on this board saying he should've been cut because we had Cory Boyd in 2012. Was sold on Milanovich and the team winning the 2012 Grey Cup when they cut Boyd to make Kackert the undisputed #1 back. I think Kackert could be as effective as Whitaker and could provide a real balanced attack without depending on Ray to through 40 passes a game. Keep the defenses on their heals.
    I couldn't agree more! Kackert and Whitaker could be a deadly combination.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiemac View Post
    No way. In my view we are a RB and a new offensive strategy away from having a great season. The Defence is coming togrther quite nicely lots of individual talent that is learning to play together, and if we could get a RB that would intimidate opposing defences things would get a lot better on offence. Itsearly folks. With so few preseason games now it takes live action to build a team and the games all count so we dont get a lot of opportunity to experiment with points on the line. So we are getting to the point where players are learning to play as a team . Chill out, no one should get fired.
    ???
    How are we going to get a new offensive strategy without a change at the Head Coach/offensive coordinator position ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    ???
    How are we going to get a new offensive strategy without a change at the Head Coach/offensive coordinator position ?
    Given anything less than two playoff game victories, or one post-season win followed by a creditable loss, we could and should hope to see a new head coach.

($ I think I remember hearing that Barker and Milanovich signed three year contracts. $)

Boatman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    so could passing to the 2 FB/H-Backs ...........

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Whitaker is taking a beating in pass protection, but they keep sending him out there every series. In the past few seasons we've been dressing 2 INT RBs because it keeps the backs fresher, and I don't understand why we're not doing it this year with Kackert. We know the guy can pass block. I'd activate Kackert and deactivate Bates at WR and take my chances with Noel as backup WR.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I've said it many times and I stand by the fact that Milanovich is so conservative. So many things he could do to kick start the O but he does the same stuff game in and game out. Why have players dressed or hanging around when you have no plans on using them? Why keep doing the same plays that never work over and over again? Just have your favorite get the crap beat out of him game in and game out in Whitacher. I'm not for firing Milo but he does need to change things up. I'd have plays for the two young qb's other then the one yard plunge. If you don't keep the D guessing you've lost half the battle.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ever notice how the Argos will often get out to a 14-0 or 10-0 lead and then somehow the pedal goes off the metal and the other team is allowed to get back into it?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Whitaker is taking a beating in pass protection, but they keep sending him out there every series. In the past few seasons we've been dressing 2 INT RBs because it keeps the backs fresher, and I don't understand why we're not doing it this year with Kackert. We know the guy can pass block. I'd activate Kackert and deactivate Bates at WR and take my chances with Noel as backup WR.
    I agree they should be using 2 backs to keep them fresher, but I don't think they need to use an import to spell Whitaker. I would love to see Coombs taking reps at RB.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Ever notice how the Argos will often get out to a 14-0 or 10-0 lead and then somehow the pedal goes off the metal and the other team is allowed to get back into it?
    As I've said previously - one of two things always seems to occur under Milanovich. #1. Either the Argos get off to a quick start then slow down too much to allow other teams back into it or #2. the team gets off to slow start then show up out of desperation midway through the 3rd quarter.
    Last edited by R.J; 07-20-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree they should be using 2 backs to keep them fresher, but I don't think they need to use an import to spell Whitaker. I would love to see Coombs taking reps at RB.
    So would I. In general, though, "running game" and Milanovich don't compute.

Was there any reason not to sign Andrew Harris, and did Barker even try?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Given anything less than two playoff game victories, or one post-season win followed by a creditable loss, we could and should hope to see a new head coach.

($ I think I remember hearing that Barker and Milanovich signed three year contracts. $)
    Yup, and this is only the first year of their new 3 year extension, so we're stuck for awhile it seems. IMO a mistake was made with at least one of those extensions, and depending on certain circumstances, both could've ended up as mistakes.

Harris was going back home; he brought up multiple times that he wanted to be with his daughter. I doubt Barker even made a phone call, but tbh unless he was willing to significantly pay more than $180k; Barker would've "lost out" on Harris anyway.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yup, and this is only the first year of their new 3 year extension, so we're stuck for awhile it seems. IMO a mistake was made with at least one of those extensions, and depending on certain circumstances, both could've ended up as mistakes.

Harris was going back home; he brought up multiple times that he wanted to be with his daughter. I doubt Barker even made a phone call, but tbh unless he was willing to significantly more than $180k; Barker would've "lost out" on Harris anyway.
    Re: Harris - ok, got it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Not just Milanovich. It's all over the league this year. Duane Forde was on Ti-Cats lunch today and when discussing the amount of challenges that have been made, noted that the fact that so many things on the passing game are now challengeable, teams are throwing more, because even if a play doesn't work out, there is a good chance that there will be some type of infraction in the secondary. A really good point. I get the PI challenge, but IMO, the illegal contact needs to be taken out, and let the officials use their judgement.

As for Harris, apparently the Argos made a significant offer to him (I think I read it on Kirk Penton's blog), but he chose to go back home.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Not just Milanovich. It's all over the league this year. Duane Forde was on Ti-Cats lunch today and when discussing the amount of challenges that have been made, noted that the fact that so many things on the passing game are now challengeable, teams are throwing more, because even if a play doesn't work out, there is a good chance that there will be some type of infraction in the secondary. A really good point. I get the PI challenge, but IMO, the illegal contact needs to be taken out, and let the officials use their judgement.
    Easy fix, but I doubt it'll happen. Take out the challenges and revert back to the old contact and PI rules. Video review (command centre and only if the refs call it in) should only be for turnovers, scoring plays, in or out of bounds, and/or within the last 3 minutes of the game. The eye in the sky should fix the mistakes, and ball placements - this way I don't have to hear "the ball will be placed right there" ever again.

As for Harris, apparently the Argos made a significant offer to him (I think I read it on Kirk Penton's blog), but he chose to go back home.
    Correct. I forgot about that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Easy fix, but I doubt it'll happen. Take out the challenges and revert back to the old contact and PI rules. Video review (command centre and only if the refs calls it in) should only be for turnovers, scoring plays, in or out of bounds, and/or within the last 3 minutes of the game. The eye in the sky should fix the mistakes, and ball placements - this way I don't have to hear "the ball will be placed right there" ever again.

I am 100% on board with that.

All these reviews are really annoying. I don't know if I am the only one that has noticed this, but Mike Reilly seems to complain every time he gets touched now. I'm all for protecting the QB's on hard hits low, or to the head, but when a player just grazes a QB, I get so frustrated with the calls.