Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1356
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I'd keep Stubler as the DC and fire Barker and Milanovich.
    Funny, I am completely the opposite on each of those 3.

How many bad seasons has Stubler had as a DC? He didn't just forget everything that he knows.
    I guess it doesn't matter to you how much better Calgary's defence was this year in comparison to last year? What was the major change over there again?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Nor, would I argue, have Milanovich and Barker.
    Wasn't that long ago everyone said Wally was washed up too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Everything about the Argonauts was horrid this season. How many bad seasons has Stubler had as a DC? He didn't just forget everything that he knows.
    If you watched our defense this year, it appears he did. Stubler is the first person I would fire.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I guess it doesn't matter to you how much better Calgary's defence was this year in comparison to last year? What was the major change over there again?
    Getting rid of Raymond.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Whatever is going to happen, it needs to happen as soon as possible so the org can crank up its ticket-sales campaign. I am expecting Barker to stay but the coaching staff to be fired. I would rather keep Milanovich but make him hire new assistants, including an OC with his own schemes, but I have a hard time seeing that scenario actually unfold.

If SM does get fired, I expect he will be a leading candidate to become Mtl's head coach. I know people are expecting Chapdelaine to stay on after going 4-2, but I think Wettenhall has a soft spot for SM, and it would be a mistake to read too much into Chapdelaine's success. The four wins came against Toronto, Sask, a Calgary team resting its QB and a Hamilton team without many key components.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    What part of this team finished DEAD last do some people not understand and don't tell me Saskatchewan had the same amount of points because at least they showed a bit of life at the end of the season as did the Alouettes. I don't really care either if the Alouettes were playing teams with nothing to play for down the stretch. At least they played hard, which is much more than I can say for this sad sack Argo team.

It's not as if Milanovich and Barker are in year one of their administration and the team was in a rebuilding process from before. They have both been around for at least five years and the team has taken a sharp decline in the last three. Yes, they were 10-8 last year but it is clear now that the close wins they were eking out were not sustainable.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The trending reflects poorly on the current administration. And once again the table is set for another season of huge turnover. Frank Z. mentioned even up to 75% turnover/possible. Half of this Roster are Free Agents. The good ones will want to go to winning franchises. You could set up a CFL All Star Team will former Argos on it that could challenge for the Grey Cup. Usually when a team tanks this hard, they are being patient with some young, raw talent for future gains. Can't say this here. I was hoping this would the case for having tolerated last seasons D.Backfield. And worst of all, the First Overall Pick.

That was a gamble. Gamble lost & that comes with a cost.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    The trending reflects poorly on the current administration. And once again the table is set for another season of huge turnover. Frank Z. mentioned even up to 75% turnover/possible. Half of this Roster are Free Agents. The good ones will want to go to winning franchises. You could set up a CFL All Star Team will former Argos on it that could challenge for the Grey Cup. Usually when a team tanks this hard, they are being patient with some young, raw talent for future gains. Can't say this here. I was hoping this would the case for having tolerated last seasons D.Backfield. And worst of all, the First Overall Pick.

It was an inexperienced group in the secondary, however, you didn't see any encouraging signs as the season wore on from the group.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    A consistently putrid product produced by Barker and Milanovich and the coaches that they hired.

The New Era begins in ruination as their failure to find success in a league with a small number of teams continues, indeed worsens.

The topper: the ludicrous trade inflicted upon the organization by Barker and Milanovich late-season hysterics. (Not that this was the only acute fiasco.)

Clean house.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    If SM does get fired, I expect he will be a leading candidate to become Mtl's head coach
    I have to assume that the Milanovich Cult is indeed confined to the Cavern of the Cellar-Dwellers.
    Though I do hope you're correct: it'd be good for the Argonauts down the road; meanwhile the team has been left in tatters by Barker and Milanovich.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    With Noel Thorpe expected to leave Montreal, if Milanovich is fired, I would love to see him as next HC. He did a great job again this year in Quebec despite not wanting to be a part of that organization. I would expect some of Montreal's defensive free agents to follow him too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    With Noel Thorpe expected to leave Montreal, if Milanovich is fired, I would love to see him as next HC. He did a great job again this year in Quebec despite not wanting to be a part of that organization. I would expect some of Montreal's defensive free agents to follow him too.
    I would love to see a Montreal Styled D. in Toronto next year. They were very aggressive and very tough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Getting rid of Raymond.
    LMFAO....just an extension of Stubler.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post

As I've said many times right now they are no better than an expansion team (without the first overall pick).
    I agree with Paul Woods in that any changes need to be decided and executed quickly in order to try and sell tickets for next year.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I have to assume that the Milanovich Cult is indeed confined to the Cavern of the Cellar-Dwellers.
    Though I do hope you're correct: it'd be good for the Argonauts down the road; meanwhile the team has been left in tatters by Barker and Milanovich.
    The same way BC was "helped" by firing Don Matthews? I'm not saying SM is as good a coach as Matthews, but I do believe he's not nearly as bad as some on here believe. And I can easily envisage a scenario in which he takes over somewhere else and regularly causes us to rue the day he was fired.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The same way BC was "helped" by firing Don Matthews? I'm not saying SM is as good a coach as Matthews, but I do believe he's not nearly as bad as some on here believe. And I can easily envisage a scenario in which he takes over somewhere else and regularly causes us to rue the day he was fired.
    Agreed, I only want them replaced if the upgrades are definite improvements.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Argos need to deal with their own reality, a change is needed not only on the Argos side but the change will be good for Milanovich wherever he ends up.
    I still think Milanovich is a good coach and will only grow and evolve from his Argo experience which will in turn benefit his new team.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm having trouble understanding how someone could want either Stubler, Milanovich, or Barker back.

Stubler - Worst defence in the league by far, and even worse than Creehan's d last season (by around 70 points). Stubler's D never made a stop when they needed one, and it's pretty clear that Stubler didn't and wouldn't make the necessary tweaks to his defence to fit the young players.

Milanovich - Team's have figure out his offence, and as a Head Coach it's pretty clear that the players weren't giving him their all after the Willy trade. The fact that Milanovich pushed for the Willy trade is strike three.

Barker - Didn't fix the oline, C - RT was the problem, not LT. Didn't replace the talent he lost on the Dline, just added veterans. Secondary has been a mess since 2013, and not only that now, but we need major upgrades in every area, but the kicking game. Barker and Milanovich's decision to stick with Ray over Collaros got us 1 more good year of Ray (2014), Barker's job as the GM is to think long term, and it's pretty clear he hasn't done that. Short terms views, knee jerks reactions, and horrible decisions should lead to Barker's dismissal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding how someone could want either Stubler, Milanovich, or Barker back.

Stubler - Worst defence in the league by far, and even worse than Creehan's d last season (by around 70 points). Stubler's D never made a stop when they needed one, and it's pretty clear that Stubler didn't and wouldn't make the necessary tweaks to his defence to fit the young players.

Milanovich - Team's have figure out his offence, and as a Head Coach it's pretty clear that the players weren't giving him their all after the Willy trade. The fact that Milanovich pushed for the Willy trade is strike three.

Barker - Didn't fix the oline, C - RT was the problem, not LT. Didn't replace the talent he lost on the Dline, just added veterans. Secondary has been a mess since 2013, and not only that now, but we need major upgrades in every area, but the kicking game. Barker and Milanovich's decision to stick with Ray over Collaros got us 1 more good year of Ray (2014), Barker's job as the GM is to think long term, and it's pretty clear he hasn't done that. Short terms views, knee jerks reactions, and horrible decisions should lead to Barker's dismissal.
    Well stated SnowRogue, pretty much a mess from top to bottom, barring a miracle recruiting and coaching job in 2017 the Argos may a couple of years to get over this.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Whatever is going to happen, it needs to happen as soon as possible so the org can crank up its ticket-sales campaign. I am expecting Barker to stay but the coaching staff to be fired. I would rather keep Milanovich but make him hire new assistants, including an OC with his own schemes, but I have a hard time seeing that scenario actually unfold.

If SM does get fired, I expect he will be a leading candidate to become Mtl's head coach. I know people are expecting Chapdelaine to stay on after going 4-2, but I think Wettenhall has a soft spot for SM, and it would be a mistake to read too much into Chapdelaine's success. The four wins came against Toronto, Sask, a Calgary team resting its QB and a Hamilton team without many key components.

LOL - hilarious but probably true. Could see Bobby Wet&all and Poop hiring their guy Millanovich as HC - and as an Argo fan I sure would hope so - have that dullard foisted on the Als to ensure their offence is stuck in neutral or even goes in reverse.

The best thing for the Als would be a complete house cleaning in the ownership and management departments - somehow get rid of Bobby and punt Poop out of town with him; and then give Chapdelaine full HC control, with Thorpe hopefully staying on as DC, and let them hire whatever new coaches they think are the best fit.

Argos need a total complete house-cleaning at GM and the entire coaching staff. That should be obvious IMO after this season, but I realize debatable with fans of Jim & Scotty sticking up for their guys.