Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1356
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding how someone could want either Stubler, Milanovich, or Barker back.

Stubler - Worst defence in the league by far, and even worse than Creehan's d last season (by around 70 points). Stubler's D never made a stop when they needed one, and it's pretty clear that Stubler didn't and wouldn't make the necessary tweaks to his defence to fit the young players.

Milanovich - Team's have figure out his offence, and as a Head Coach it's pretty clear that the players weren't giving him their all after the Willy trade. The fact that Milanovich pushed for the Willy trade is strike three.

Barker - Didn't fix the oline, C - RT was the problem, not LT. Didn't replace the talent he lost on the Dline, just added veterans. Secondary has been a mess since 2013, and not only that now, but we need major upgrades in every area, but the kicking game. Barker and Milanovich's decision to stick with Ray over Collaros got us 1 more good year of Ray (2014), Barker's job as the GM is to think long term, and it's pretty clear he hasn't done that. Short terms views, knee jerks reactions, and horrible decisions should lead to Barker's dismissal.
    I want Stubler back because this was his first year with the team and I think that he deserves a second chance based on his past experience and past successes as a DC. I also don't think that there's anyone available who's a definite upgrade on him.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I want Stubler back because this was his first year with the team and I think that he deserves a second chance based on his past experience and past successes as a DC. I also don't think that there's anyone available who's a definite upgrade on him.
    NOEL THORPE. Heck, Cory Chamblin might be better at this point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Thorpe yes, but let's not go overboard with Chamblin lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Is Thorpe even available? Lol, good one about Chamblin.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Is Thorpe even available? Lol, good one about Chamblin.
    Thorpe had his bags packed last year but Orridge ruled he had to remain in Montreal. Like any other assistant, if he is offered a promotion with another team, his current employer won't stand in his way. There is no way Stubler can come back....don't know what happened there. I thought the Argo defence would have been good. They still looked lost yesterday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Thorpe had his bags packed last year but Orridge ruled he had to remain in Montreal. Like any other assistant, if he is offered a promotion with another team, his current employer won't stand in his way. There is no way Stubler can come back....don't know what happened there. I thought the Argo defence would have been good. They still looked lost yesterday.
    Yes but if he's still under contract Montreal probably won't release him or allow him to interview for other positions. Plus he may take over as HC in Montreal.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thorpe should be available. I thought he had to come back to honour his last year in the contract.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm having trouble understanding how someone could want either Stubler, Milanovich, or Barker back.
    Because one bad season doesn't spoil the whole bunch, Snow. Oh, give it one more try before you give up on them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm interested to see the coaching movement this offseason due to the changes Orridge made, maybe not be as easy to move around as it used to be. Not sure if Thorpe contract runs out this year or not, if it does then it's moot and Thorpe can go anywhere he wants, and I hope the Argos speak with him. If the Argos were to clean house, then it wouldn't surprise me to see Milanovich and maybe even Barker in Montreal. The sooner the Owners and Copeland make their decisions the better, as we can start speaking with others sooner and not potentially lose out on some top notch guys.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Because one bad season doesn't spoil the whole bunch, Snow. Oh, give it one more try before you give up on them.
    Another Osmonds fan!
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    There is a big difference between Buono, Hufnagle vs Barker. Buono can get it done on his own and has a hard time finding a coach that has his vision with the players he brings in. Hufnagle has done a masterful job of back filling himself while bringing in the best player possible that fit under the cap. Very smart QB decisions to move on from players that almost everyone thought were number one QBs. Looking back and it is not what I thought was the right thing to do at the time but the decision Barker made to keep Ray over Collaros was a bad call. Austin recognized this and you can see Wally and John have done the same at critical times. The QB is the most important decision the team has to make and we have made a big mistake. For the record I would not have offered Harris the starting job and I don't think he is elite enough to be a #1 QB.

We need to evaluate QB options this off season or we will have another brutal year in 2017 as I don't think we have anyone that can get it done under contract.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'd rather not see Popp here. I see a big fine headed towards the Alouettes for Popp's cap mismangement, not to mention that Calvillo's replacement is yet to be found. Come to think of it, it's pretty clear Popp had no plan for after AC.

I don't see Tillman leaving Hamilton, he's the GM and is working with his long term friend Kent Austin. Gotta think there's probably better job security in Hamilton than in Toronto, due to Austin's long term deal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thorpe should be available. I thought he had to come back to honour his last year in the contract.
    That's my understanding as well.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'd rather not see Popp here. I see a big fine headed towards the Alouettes for Popp's cap mismangement, not to mention that Calvillo's replacement is yet to be found. Come to think of it, it's pretty clear Popp had no plan for after AC.

I don't see Tillman leaving Hamilton, he's the GM and is working with his long term friend Kent Austin. Gotta think there's probably better job security in Hamilton than in Toronto, due to Austin's long term deal.
    Maybe time to bring in some new blood, your boy Sunderland or the like instead of another retread.
    Argonauts are such a mess right now finding someone to come here might be harder than you think.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argonauts are such a mess right now finding someone to come here might be harder than you think.
    Totally disagree. The number of individuals who aspire to run their own team is far longer than the number of available jobs. This is an attractive proposition in many ways -- nice new stadium, well-heeled owners, nowhere to go but up.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Totally disagree. The number of individuals who aspire to run their own team is far longer than the number of available jobs. This is an attractive proposition in many ways -- nice new stadium, well-heeled owners, nowhere to go but up.
    ...especially that last bit : ))

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Maybe time to bring in some new blood, your boy Sunderland or the like instead of another retread.
    Brock Sunderland or John Murphy are the only guys I'd want. Mainly because I don't want retreads brought in

Sunderland is 36, and worked as a scout for the Als from 04-05, then was the Als director of scouting from 05-07, pro scout for the NY Jets from 07-12, and Redblacks Asst. GM from 2013-present.

Murphy started off as a scout for the Als, then headed to Calgary to become assistant director of scouting, went to Winnipeg in 09 as director of player personnel, from '10-15 he was the Stamps director of player personnel and assistant GM, then headed to Sask for essentially the same job for '16.

I also think it's imperative that whomever the GM is, they bring in someone with a lot of contacts down South, like Ken Moll or Mike Murphy (Sunderland fits this bill also). Also need an administrative type like Petrie in Calgary and Nick Pelletier in Edmonton. Would also need someone to scout Canadian talent, which we had that in Goveia before he left for Winnipeg.
    Last edited by R.J; 11-06-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.tsn.ca/argonauts-wrap-up-...eason-1.601591

Foley figures that management gave up too quickly on certain players and made too many changes that resulted in more losses. It certainly is a weak division and 3 more wins would've gotten us in the playoffs. Tough to say what the negative impact was of losing Raymond, Heath, and the Big 3 and also bringing in Willy but we certainly didn't improve from those moves. How in the world did Montreal finish ahead of the Argos????????

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Well said, Paul. There are only 41 professional head coaching and general manager jobs in football. There is no shortage of qualified candidates who would jump at either job with the Argos.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force