Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level

Injuries

Zic is reporting that Bourke injured a finger, McEwen is out two to three weeks with knee injury, and Jones might have to have season-ending surgery. Injuries are inevitable but these ones in particular are painful and frustrating.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Of that list though, Bourke is the only one I'm concerned with.

BTW, here is the specific quote:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/04...eer-with-argos

CAMP TAKES ITS TOLL

GUELPH — One first-round pick is wearing a cast around his wrist, while yet another first-rounder is walking around with the assistance of crutches.

It has been one hellish camp for the Argos, who lost free-agent offensive lineman Josh Bourke early in the team’s mock game Saturday with a finger injury.

There was no immediate word on Bourke’s status.

Sean McEwen, who was Toronto’s first-round selection last season, was wearing a knee brace to accompany his crutches after he was hurt in Friday’s practice.

McEwen may miss two weeks, perhaps three, which means he’s unlikely to play in any of the team’s two pre-season games.

With the regular season to open on June 23, the Calgary product may not be available.

This year’s first-round pick, Brian Jones, may miss the entire season if surgery is required to repair his right wrist.

Both A.J. Jefferson and Daryl Waud weren’t able to take part in the mock game, in all likelihood because each tweaked something.

There’s no on-field activity scheduled on Sunday, though many players have already booked time with the team’s training staff.

Coombs, Bulcke and Spencer are also nursing injuries. Hopefully they are all minor.

Bourke came to the training table, went back out, returned to the training table and then was presumably told to keep out.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Of that list though, Bourke is the only one I'm concerned with.

BTW, here is the specific quote:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/04...eer-with-argos

Coombs, Bulcke and Spencer are also nursing injuries. Hopefully they are all minor.

Bourke came to the training table, went back out, returned to the training table and then was presumably told to keep out.
    Not surprised. He's had a history on the Injury List.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I dropped by practice this morning, and if today is any indication, looks like Miles will start at MLB and Joshua Mitchell will move to safety. Things could change obviously, and admittedly, they did a lot of ST's today. I expect Bates to replace Elliott in the line-up as well based on the fact that he was playing up on KO return team.

Jermaine Gabriel was there in practice jersey, but no helmet and did not participate, but I see the fact he was there as a great sign.

Argos were also practicing with the white helmets today, so I expect to see the head to toe white look.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I dropped by practice this morning, and if today is any indication, looks like Miles will start at MLB and Joshua Mitchell will move to safety. Things could change obviously, and admittedly, they did a lot of ST's today. I expect Bates to replace Elliott in the line-up as well based on the fact that he was playing up on KO return team.

Jermaine Gabriel was there in practice jersey, but no helmet and did not participate, but I see the fact he was there as a great sign.

Argos were also practicing with the white helmets today, so I expect to see the head to toe white look.
    Miles at MLB is not a bad thing. Nice to have a big target like Bates able to replace Elliott. With the East all winning except for the Argos, we can't afford to go 0-2. I don't feel that they will.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Miles at MLB is not a bad thing. Nice to have a big target like Bates able to replace Elliott. With the East all winning except for the Argos, we can't afford to go 0-2. I don't feel that they will.
    To be clear, I don't think Bates will start on offence. Wallace Miles took Elliott's spot on O. Bates will likely back up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Thanks for the information and confirming the white helmets. I noticed them in a photo in an article the other day and wondered if they'd be all white like last year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Thanks for the information and confirming the white helmets. I noticed them in a photo in an article the other day and wondered if they'd be all white like last year?
    I liked last year's all-white look but I will be very disappointed if we don't bust out white jerseys/Oxford pants at some point. I suppose it's too much to hope for the latter with Cambridge numbers, but I will keep on hoping anyway.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree Bourke is the most concerning, but missing both preseason games would really slow SMc's development. I've been hoping he could start as a rookie but that is far less likely if he doesn't get any game action. Jones is currently in the nice to have category but if we were to run into injuries later we'd be wishing he wasn't out for the season (if that in fact is what happens).

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    It is definitely unfortunate with McEwen given that Milanovich said that he was happy with McEwen's progress. I just think the Argos have a better Plan B versus if Bourke is out long-term.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

New Fan
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Bourke won't be out. They popped his finger back, put a glove and taped it up and good to go. Yesterday was entertaining. Our receivers are sick. Gurley made a great catch and you could feel the emotion from the receiving corps. Injuries will happen, but it's a 20 week season. Can't wait to see what my seats are like next Saturday. See everyone there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sthfan1988 View Post
    Bourke won't be out. They popped his finger back, put a glove and taped it up and good to go.
    Great to hear he'll be available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sthfan1988 View Post
    Bourke won't be out. They popped his finger back, put a glove and taped it up and good to go. Yesterday was entertaining. Our receivers are sick. Gurley made a great catch and you could feel the emotion from the receiving corps. Injuries will happen, but it's a 20 week season. Can't wait to see what my seats are like next Saturday. See everyone there.
    Gurley's catch was very good. I was also very impressed with the day Llevi Noel had. Edwin Baker also had some great acceleration out of the backfield, and finally, Andrie Durie looked to be in good form.

Although Gurley made that catch over Aaron Berry, I thought Berry looked the best out of the newcomers in the secondary. He was the 2nd best on the day after Owusu-Ansah.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gurley's catch was very good. I was also very impressed with the day Llevi Noel had. Edwin Baker also had some great acceleration out of the backfield, and finally, Andrie Durie looked to be in good form.

Although Gurley made that catch over Aaron Berry, I thought Berry looked the best out of the newcomers in the secondary. He was the 2nd best on the day after Owusu-Ansah.
    As a whole how was the mock game ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    As a whole how was the mock game ?
    Not as long as last season's. They ran more situational things than anything. I enjoyed it.

Admittedly, I really only watched the QB's, receivers, backs and DB's. Hard to pay attention to the lines and the LB's, because there is no tackling allowed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Not as long as last season's. They ran more situational things than anything. I enjoyed it.

Admittedly, I really only watched the QB's, receivers, backs and DB's. Hard to pay attention to the lines and the LB's, because there is no tackling allowed.
    How did the back-up QBs fare?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    To the best of my recollection, the following players sat out all or part of the Mock Game because of some form of injury--Bourke, Buicke, Coombs, Davis, B Jones, McEwen, Jefferson, Spencer, W Smith, Waud and Wylie. Most of the injuries, like Bourke's dislocated finger, appeared to be minor in nature. Other than Davis, who is probably out for the year and McEwen who had a walking cast and crutches, the rest looked like could have played if this had been regular game.
    Both DL's Bishop and Watson seemed to have a good power rush at the snap of the ball and DE Hazell was very quick and penetrated into the backfield nearly every time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Shatto said:

Both DL's Bishop and Watson seemed to have a good power rush at the snap of the ball and DE Hazell was very quick and penetrated into the backfield nearly every time.

I have been intrigued by this guy DE Hazel, listed at 6'5 and only 227 lbs. Seems a little light to play DE even in the CFL. I suppose if he shows an outstanding ability to rush the QB he could be kept to rotate with Hickman (or who ever) on passing downs at the Import DE spot on the D-Line. With from all appearances, the Argos will start 9 Canadians, that leaves spots for 4 DI's. DL, DB, RB and WR. Where am I going wrong here?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    We put Bulcke, Jefferson, and Spencer on the 6 game IR yesterday. I think we'll be starting 8 NATs for the time being.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    We put Bulcke, Jefferson, and Spencer on the 6 game IR yesterday. I think we'll be starting 8 NATs for the time being.
    Brutal news about Bulcke. We have good depth at the other two positions but at DT we will have to play two INTs regularly. Agree we are probably starting eight NATs rather than nine: three on D (altho Waud will play a lot), four o-linemen and one receiver.