Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    disagree - McPherson has had opportunities to show himself and imo isn't very good. I'm fine with Kilgore getting a shot here. I'd even rather have Fajardo have a shot over McPherson, who I think should be limited to running the sneaks at most.
    Right on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I openly mused on Twitter whether Hajrullahu's struggles on Monday night influenced the play call that led to Kilgore's INT? The Argos might not have been as aggressive with that play call if Lirim had hit those first two field goals. Special teams coverage weren't very good so maybe they didn't want to risk a big Logan return?
    Maybe, but the ball was at the 35 on Kilgore's first play. Even two runs for no gain (and the running game had been working pretty well) would mean a 42-yard attempt, which means a kick return is not super-likely since he'd almost certainly get it at least to the back of the end zone. And if they were truly concerned about that, get LH to punt it through the end zone, go up 15 points and make Mtl start at its own 35.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Milanovich has to have packages for both QB's, in fact it may be smart to interchange the two to see which one gets on track and get's "hot".

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    disagree - McPherson has had opportunities to show himself and imo isn't very good. I'm fine with Kilgore getting a shot here. I'd even rather have Fajardo have a shot over McPherson, who I think should be limited to running the sneaks at most. sorry i'm just not high on him and I thought it was a huge get the first time we picked him up - too bad.
    READ, I was talking about the last Argo/Mtl. game and IF McPherson was around.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Can the hostility, Double Dare. Only the first part of mchesher's message was a direct reply to yours.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    yup, don't see the need to get angry about it unless you're somehow vested in McPherson's success. anyhow, I'm fine to see what Kilgore and Fajardo (if necessary) can do on Sunday. I've read before that getting a week of first team reps is huge for a QB, given the limited practice times in the CFL, the starter hogs a vast majority of reps during the week - making the job of the backup that much harder if they're coming into a game cold. I think a week of reps will do Kilgore a world of good - i'm hopeful at least.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Maybe, but the ball was at the 35 on Kilgore's first play. Even two runs for no gain (and the running game had been working pretty well) would mean a 42-yard attempt, which means a kick return is not super-likely since he'd almost certainly get it at least to the back of the end zone. And if they were truly concerned about that, get LH to punt it through the end zone, go up 15 points and make Mtl start at its own 35.
    One could also argue that a Major Foul on Martins late, low hit on Ray would have moved the Argos up 15 yards as well. I think conservative running plays would have been called if that would have been the case.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The contacting the kicker was a review that lead to a bad flag IMO (one of the many reasons I think the Coaches challenged should be abolished). Hajrullahu essentially landed on the Montreal player who was already on the turf, and Lirim sold it well I suppose.

Boatman
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Pretty good for receiver, don't you think? I don't think that there are any other offensive players in the STT top 10.
    yes he is very good. I actually also like him and would like to see him get some reps at receiver.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    The contacting the kicker was a review that lead to a bad flag IMO (one of the many reasons I think the Coaches challenged should be abolished). Hajrullahu essentially landed on the Montreal player who was already on the turf, and Lirim sold it well I suppose.
    But, the Montreal player was on the turf where Hajrullahu was going to land.
    It's not as if Haj made some adjustment in the air so that he would land on the Montreal player instead of landing somewhere else. The onus is on the Montreal player to avoid contacting the kicker. Therefore, don't be where the kicker will land.
    Valid call imo and one that shouldn't have required a coach's challenge.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If you can't land because of the guy under you and you land on him that is contacting the kicker.

Finally the Argos are going to speak to the league about that hit on Ray. Wake up Argos and league. WTF why should we have to chase the league around?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm sure we will start to see Noel get some playing time when the Coaches feel he is ready and has the route running down. He showed enough in the preseason games that he is going to be a good one, especially in YAC yards.