Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    We should be very proud that Edmonton is no longer the CFL qb factory, The Toronto Argonauts are!!!! Hell Yah!!! For years and years we could NEVER find and groom our own qb's. So we sign a high profile free agent in Ray and them find qb after qb that has serious talent. Barker Great job!!!!!! You can't keep them all and everyone wants everything now so these young guys bail. Basically Harris, Collaros and Crystal Gale are all dead to me. Kilgore and Fajardo hold the keys to our future, at least for this year while Ray is out.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I still think it's way too early to call Kilgore or Fajardo the next great QB.

Too many times before did guys like McPherson, Leak, Zabransky, Tate (he chose to be a career backup), Timmy Chang, Cato, Crompton etc. look good early only to amount to nothing as a proven CFL starter.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Ray is on an incentive based contract for this year and next year. What's the issue?

Also what's the contract status of Kilgore and Fajardo? Are they even free agents after this year?
    So no one knows the contract status of Kilgore and Fajardo after this season?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So no one knows the contract status of Kilgore and Fajardo after this season?
    Haven't seen any references to contract length anywhere. I have to assume they would not have signed Fajardo to anything less than a 1+1 deal, so he should be on the roster in 2017. Kilgore has been part of the org since 2014 so who knows whether he's on an expiring contract. Sure hope not, and I'm betting they would not have left themselves that vulnerable. Keep in mind that Harris's departure opened up some money they would otherwise have paid him.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I wasn't at all impressed with Kilgore... I think that he's lucky he didn't have about 5 picks.

I'll be very curious to see how he does over the next few games... We need to win at least 1 of the next 3.

Maybe i'll be wrong and he will be as good as Collaros and Harris, but I think now that teams have some tape on him.. it will be a long few weeks until we get Ricky back.

Hopefully he throws for 300 yards and 3 tds every game and we go 4-0 with him in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    We should be very proud that Edmonton is no longer the CFL qb factory, The Toronto Argonauts are!!!! Hell Yah!!! For years and years we could NEVER find and groom our own qb's. So we sign a high profile free agent in Ray and them find qb after qb that has serious talent. Barker Great job!!!!!! You can't keep them all and everyone wants everything now so these young guys bail. Basically Harris, Collaros and Crystal Gale are all dead to me. Kilgore and Fajardo hold the keys to our future, at least for this year while Ray is out.
    Crystal Gale!!!! You just keep coming up with classics Mark!!!LOL!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I still think it's way too early to call Kilgore or Fajardo the next great QB.

Too many times before did guys like McPherson, Leak, Zabransky, Tate (he chose to be a career backup), Timmy Chang, Cato, Crompton etc. look good early only to amount to nothing as a proven CFL starter.
    Of course it's too early, Kilgore looked shaky in the first half of Monday's game but held it together and got it done.
    Something to build on for sure, the only positive aspect to Ricky's injury is that many of our questions will be answered in regards to the quality of these young guys.
    One thing I really liked in regards to Kilgore's demeaner is his humility along the lines of a Ricky Ray.
    Watch the game ball presentations and you see a bunch of guys that like each other (kudos to Milanovich, his coaching staff, Jim Barker and the organization) for that.
    Kilgore gets a little flustered at the end of his locker room speech and although he gets busted on you see the guys really like him.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    I wasn't at all impressed with Kilgore... I think that he's lucky he didn't have about 5 picks.

I'll be very curious to see how he does over the next few games... We need to win at least 1 of the next 3.

Maybe i'll be wrong and he will be as good as Collaros and Harris, but I think now that teams have some tape on him.. it will be a long few weeks until we get Ricky back.

Hopefully he throws for 300 yards and 3 tds every game and we go 4-0 with him in.
    Considering that next to no one gave the Argos a chance on the road in a very hostile environment, I don't see how you can't be impressed with his first start. Sure it wasn't perfect, and it's only a small dose, but asking for anything more than that performance is too harsh. I finished watching the game on PVR last night. Kilgore looks incredibly cool, calm, and poised for a rookie. He made some clutch 2nd down throws in the fourth quarter, when the house was deafening. It's uncanny, maybe fitting, that he even throws like and has some of the same mannerisms of a young Ricky Ray. Hopefully, we can be so lucky.

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Considering that next to no one gave the Argos a chance on the road in a very hostile environment, I don't see how you can't be impressed with his first start. Sure it wasn't perfect, and it's only a small dose, but asking for anything more than that performance is too harsh. I finished watching the game on PVR last night. Kilgore looks incredibly cool, calm, and poised for a rookie. He made some clutch 2nd down throws in the fourth quarter, when the house was deafening. It's uncanny, maybe fitting, that he even throws like and has some of the same mannerisms of a young Ricky Ray. Hopefully, we can be so lucky.
    I think he got very lucky that we got an Ottawa team with a QB being rushed back from injury that kept the Argos in the game. He made a lot of bad throws in that game. Tonight they are getting picked off, last time he got lucky.

I think he's got a great deal of potential but he's still very green and probably shouldn't be a starter just yet.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    BINGO! You win a prize! Exactly how I felt after the RB/Argo game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    definately didn't keep it up.
    never seen so many ints, even from Cleo Lemon.
    Hey everybody! Check out my YouTube page at MARCWAGZ ON YOUTUBE for some Mediocre Martial Arts and Music Videos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think Matt Dunnigan once threw 6 or maybe even 7 picks in a game. He should have been cut that night.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Are people asking for Kilgore to be cut or benched ?

Don
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think Matt Dunnigan once threw 6 or maybe even 7 picks in a game. He should have been cut that night.
    Someone was reading @argofans tweets yesterday

Yes, that game was played on July 20, 1990 when the Blue Bombers beat the Argos by a score of, holy shit, 34-17. The Argos turned the ball over 13 times that game apparently and the article and boxscore in the Toronto Star contradict each other because the box score says 7 interceptions thrown by Dunigan while the article says 6. The Argos, as many know, were 0-4 against the Blue Bombers that year, but 10-4 against the rest of the league.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was all positive about Kilgore after the Ottawa game but brought back down to earth as he keeps showing his lack of ability to look off receivers and throw to an open guy. Kilgore is not Matt Dunigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Kilgore keeps tossing picks (9 so far) he should be Done And Gone.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

Yes, that game was played on July 20, 1990 when the Blue Bombers beat the Argos by a score of, holy shit, 34-17. The Argos turned the ball over 13 times that game apparently and the article and boxscore in the Toronto Star contradict each other because the box score says 7 interceptions thrown by Dunigan while the article says 6. The Argos, as many know, were 0-4 against the Blue Bombers that year, but 10-4 against the rest of the league.
    Dunigan kept looking at Don and coach told him he doesn't care how many INTs he throws. After 7, he asks Matthews if he could go out and try for 8? Matthews then yanked him. Classic!
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

I swear, I didn't read the tweet. I was going strictly off memory.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I was all positive about Kilgore after the Ottawa game but brought back down to earth as he keeps showing his lack of ability to look off receivers and throw to an open guy. Kilgore is not Matt Dunigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how you develop quarterbacks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level

I don't remember it being all positive, if anything more neutral, due to it being Kilgore's first start. His second start was a disaster though, so we'll see if he improves in game 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    This is how you develop quarterbacks.
    Not if you're Wally Buono: he's pulled Jennings, Lulay, Printers, and Pierce early in their careers.
    Last edited by R.J; 08-13-2016 at 04:06 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Are people asking for Kilgore to be cut or benched ?
    He should have been benched for the 4th. quarter last night, then give him another start/chance.