@1argoholic

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory remarks to provoke others into responding. Considering you're the one that spewed misguided bull shit like "funding should be pulled from sports like men's soccer or basketball because they never accomplish anything," you are the troll.

I don't live in anybody's basement. However, you're clearly living under a rock if you don't know the strides Canadian basketball has made the last few years. The number 1 pick in the NBA has been a Canadian 3 times in the last 5 years and we had another, Jamal Murray (arguably the best of the bunch) go 7'th overall this year. We have two kids coming up that some are considering to be the best 15 year olds on the planet in Rowan Barret Jr. and Andrew Nemhard. Canadian players now make up the second most nationality in the NBA behind the USA.

Our Canadian men's team was absolutely steamrolling everyone in the 2015 FIBA Americas tournament and were one win away from qualifying for the Olympics when they unfortunately fell to Venezuela (a learning experience no doubt). If Canada had made it, they could have made the final against the USA.

With all the above in mind, it seems painfully ignorant when an individual like yourself said what you did.

So what, the Canadian Men's Basketball team barely lost out on qualification for this Olympics twice. You want a promising program like that, which could've easily medaled had they made it, to throw in the towel? Is that how you want Canadian men to be perceived on the world stage? As a bunch of quitters? I think you need a good long look in the mirror. It's time to get a little more self aware and open up your mind a little. I think it will help.