Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was at practice today and looks like our offence might look a bit different personnel wise this week. The receiving core was sans Gurley and Hazelton. Spencer was back and getting first team reps. Looms like Spencer, Shaw, Coombs|Durie, Wylie and Miles as the main group. Kevin Elliott was there but my guess is he will not come off PR early. Also of note, Brian Jones and Brian Bulcke both practicing. Jamal Campbell taking reps at right tackle with CVZ not seen by me.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I was at practice today and looks like our offence might look a bit different personnel wise this week. The receiving core was sans Gurley and Hazelton. Spencer was back and getting first team reps. Looms like Spencer, Shaw, Coombs|Durie, Wylie and Miles as the main group. Kevin Elliott was there but my guess is he will not come off PR early. Also of note, Brian Jones and Brian Bulcke both practicing. Jamal Campbell taking reps at right tackle with CVZ not seen by me.
    Potential for more speed with that group; intrigued to see what it can do assuming that is the starting 5-pack.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    The way Nichols has played compared to Willie (who was awful) ... this is a Bomber team we wouldn't be taking likely and would have a much better record had Nichols played from the start. This one will be a slobberknocker.
    It looks like Willy was their problem, at this stage you would have to think what they would be like if Willy had sat earlier.
    It will be interesting to see what they do against Kilgore with some video on him.
    You only have to look at Masoli, one week he looks unbeatable against the Esks and a week later the Bombers shut him down completely.

New Fan
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    I'm going with my twin brother and a friend who has never been to an Argos game. He didn't want to spend more than 50 bucks, so we're trying out something in the 200s this time.
    Hey... Maybe I can help you out with that. If you would like a pair of front row seats for 50 bucks, I'll make sure your twin bro will be back at more games. This section of the stadium ROCKS!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

I thought somebody here said Brian Jones was done for the year after wrist surgery? - love to see this guy get on the roster, but wether he would get any reps at receiver is doubtful (has Noel played at all on offence?). Getting both Jones & Noel in the same draft was maybe the best receiver get by a CFL team in on draft in years or decades IMO; BUT - we will have to see there, and might not find out for some (a long? any/ever?) time if they don't rate playing time but are viewed as back-ups and special teamers mostly.

Really looking forward to seeing Bulcke & Waud in the line-up too; wonder if Bulcke can stay healthy and regain the form that saw him named Ticat D player of the year a couple of seasons back ?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks for the report Angelo. Our receiver depth is being seriously tested, but it's great to hear that Jones might actually be able to get his feet wet this year.

Are we back to GvR at center, or has CvZ's absence given McEwan (at least) another week as a starter?

Boatman
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GiVENS38 View Post
    Hey... Maybe I can help you out with that. If you would like a pair of front row seats for 50 bucks, I'll make sure your twin bro will be back at more games. This section of the stadium ROCKS!!!!
    Thanks, but it's our other friend we are going with that hasn't been to a CFL game. We already ordered the tickets. My brother and I have been to a number of games since we got reacquainted with the Argos in 2010.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Thanks for the report Angelo. Our receiver depth is being seriously tested, but it's great to hear that Jones might actually be able to get his feet wet this year.

Are we back to GvR at center, or has CvZ's absence given McEwan (at least) another week as a starter?
    From what I saw left to right, it was Bourke, Holmes, McEwan, Watman and Campbell taking 1st team reps. Unless I missed something (always possible) didn't see CVZ. Also didn't see Ricky Foley, but admittedly was watching O more.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I thought somebody here said Brian Jones was done for the year after wrist surgery?
    Frank Zicarelli suggested in mid-June that Jones may be out for the season in this article: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/14...-turning-heads

Zicarelli is now reporting that Jones may dress this Friday and may not be far off from seeing time on offence, OV: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/09...ebut-on-friday
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Gary Lawless thinks Kilgore is in for a long night:

The Ricky Ray-less Toronto Argos are favoured by 3.5 at home against the suddenly hot Bombers. Take Winnipeg plus the points. The Bombers have the ability to pressure the quarterback without bringing the house.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I have a bad feeling for the Argos in this game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Any chance we will see any of the rookies on offence ....... NOEL is also a crafty receiver would be nice to see him get a reception ........... CROSS is an excellent receiver out of the back field, why not throw him a bone !
    Not likely to happen though with this conservative O.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks for the link Ravi. It sounds like Jones isn't too far away from getting a look on O. Maybe someday we'll actually blow someone out and create an opportunity for our backups to take reps...

Achievements:

Level
    From what I saw left to right, it was Bourke, Holmes, McEwan, Watman and Campbell taking 1st team reps. Unless I missed something (always possible) didn't see CVZ. Also didn't see Ricky Foley, but admittedly was watching O more.
    Regardless of van Roten's health I guess it makes sense to create some continuity for Kilgore - and McEwan was fine last week, obviously.

Jamal Campbell at RT is a bit startling, though. I wonder whether he'll start or back up van Roten? If it's the former, that'll be an important position to watch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cfl-cis fan View Post
    Any chance we will see any of the rookies on offence ....... NOEL is also a crafty receiver would be nice to see him get a reception ........... CROSS is an excellent receiver out of the back field, why not throw him a bone !
    Not likely to happen though with this conservative O.
    I've been wanting to see Noel get some offensive looks as well, but when you go to practice, it's very apparent he's not quite ready yet. Needs work on his routes, especially depth. He's constantly being coached, so the Argos definitely like him, but see no need to rush him. Spencer looked very smooth, and I think will step in as ifhe was never away.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    If Jones is ready to play: I'm excited to see what he can do on the offence. I'd like to see Noel get some in game reps with the offence, but if Angelo's right that he's not ready: I'm good with waiting until next season. McEwen played well the last game, so I'm happy to see him get more game time. Campbell starting at RT is a bit of concern (considering he was considered a "raw" rookie), but won't know what we have until we see him in game action.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    regarding Campbell, he may not be starting.I just noted no sign of CVZ. I also didn't see Foley, but have not heard anything about either being injured.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I've been wanting to see Noel get some offensive looks as well, but when you go to practice, it's very apparent he's not quite ready yet. Needs work on his routes, especially depth. He's constantly being coached, so the Argos definitely like him, but see no need to rush him. Spencer looked very smooth, and I think will step in as ifhe was never away.

Maybe Noel needs more "coaching" but very hard for me to believe that an accomplished college ball receiver (led the entire CIS in yards/game a couple of seasons back) who grew up playing Canadian rules football would be that "not ready" to play in the CFL, while all sorts of rookie import receivers (with ZERO previous experience in / understanding of Canadian rules) do get handed CFL playing time - often right away, after a few weeks of TC; some of these players may have had some NFL camp experience (like Hazelton), but hard for me to believe (again) that a bit of NFL camp experience always trumps Canadian football experience in terms of route running, recognizing Canadian defences, understanding where to be on the much larger Canadian field. But whatever. Noel & Jones would both do just fine - IMO - if given some playing time on offence THIS SEASON; just like I expect Sean McEwen to do just fine.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Maybe Noel needs more "coaching" but very hard for me to believe that an accomplished college ball receiver (led the entire CIS in yards/game a couple of seasons back) who grew up playing Canadian rules football would be that "not ready" to play in the CFL, while all sorts of rookie import receivers (with ZERO previous experience in / understanding of Canadian rules) do get handed CFL playing time - often right away, after a few weeks of TC; some of these players may have had some NFL camp experience (like Hazelton), but hard for me to believe (again) that a bit of NFL camp experience always trumps Canadian football experience in terms of route running, recognizing Canadian defences, understanding where to be on the much larger Canadian field. But whatever. Noel & Jones would both do just fine - IMO - if given some playing time on offence THIS SEASON; just like I expect Sean McEwen to do just fine.
    Facing CIS defences is very different from facing CFL defences though, OV. The speed of the game and of the defensive backs that they are facing is much different too. Some Canadian players can make the transition a little quicker than others but there is no shame in some developmental time.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force