Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Riders cuts so far

NAT Rob Bagg (REC) Queen’s
    INT Bakari Grant (REC) UC Davis
    INT Chad Owens (REC) Hawaii
    INT Travis Bond (OL) North Carolina
    INT BJ Daniels (QB) South Florida

No surprises here IMO.
    Age and salary for the receivers. Bond really solidified the Bomber O Line at LG for a couple of years. Jones must have felt he was being paid too much for that position unless his play has dropped off. The Travis Bond of a couple of years ago in Winnipeg would be an upgrade over Washington IMO. He could really open up holes for Wilder, but I believe Trestman will stick with the same 5 guys for now. Continuity is a good thing when it comes to Offensive Lines.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

I'll take McCulloch's projected starters over Edwards'. Something about Hurl starting at MLB doesn't look, sound or feel good to me. Judge is a talented player, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start in the middle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Did Jones cut that superstar receiver Bkhari Grant ?

Going with only 2 NI starters on O-line and 4 overall on offence ? (Messam at RB + the wide-side WR); still need 3 NI starters on D - one at safety + Evans at DT for sure;

I'll bet on the Riders going import at MLB over what those depth charts say now; Hurl & Judge to get to play at Will OLB, but only if ratio forced to as one of Jones' 7 only - which i think will feature lots of substitutions (could go with 2 Canadians at DT a lot of the time)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.rodpedersen.com/2018/06/j....html?spref=tw
    After the workout, Jones addressed his quarterback situation for Week 1. On Monday, Jones said he doesn't plan to name his starting pivot until later in the week.

"I've known for two weeks how we're going to play," Jones revealed. "But I ain't telling y'all till we get ready to play. Why would I give something like that up to our opponent, where they know exactly what we're going to do? It doesn't make good sense, right?

"I know how we're gonna play, our quarterbacks know how we're gonna play, and you'll find out when we play the game exactly how they'll play."
    Is it just me or is Jones the most paranoid Head Coach in the CFL ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Rider comments on the TSN's CFL Top 50, including the kind of response you would expect on the rankings:

Carter said he was happy with his ranking, but …
    “I won’t stop until I’m No. 1,” he said after practice at Mosaic Stadium. “That’s my goal: To be No. 1.”

That spot this year went to Edmonton Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly, who was followed in the rankings by Calgary Stampeders pivot Bo Levi Mitchell and Winnipeg Blue Bombers tailback Andrew Harris.

A pair of linebackers — Solomon Elimimian of the B.C. Lions and Calgary’s Alex Singleton — were Nos. 4 and 5, respectively. Toronto Argonauts quarterback Ricky Ray was No. 6, Ottawa Redblacks receiver Greg Ellingston was No. 7 and Carter was No. 8.

Carter completely understood his placing in the balloting.
    “Quarterbacks are the most valuable guys in the league,” he said. “Then they threw in some defensive guys to keep it kosher and then offensive guys come in.
    “It’s cool. I’m happy with No. 8 … My next trick is to get a contract that’s worth (as much as that of) a quarterback.”

Seven current Roughriders made the list. In addition to Carter, the Saskatchewan players selected were defensive ends Willie Jefferson (No. 10) and Charleston Hughes (No. 13), defensive back Ed Gainey (No. 15), receiver Naaman Roosevelt (No. 25), tailback Jerome Messam (No. 29) and guard Brendon LaBatte (No. 33).

After Messam saw the list, he tweeted: “29 they say… we’ll see!” with a winking emoji.

Two players in the top 10 and three in the top 13 impressed Carter, but he wants more in the future. “By the end of the year,” he said, “the whole top five is going to be all Riders.”
    https://www.riderville.com/2018/06/12/notebook-duron-carter-cracks-tsns-top-10/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Messam seems very much to be on the downside of his career. I am surprised to see him on this list at all, let alone at #29.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Saskatchewan has signed former BC Lion International DL Mic'hael Brooks, who was a rookie West Division All-Star in 2015 but was released by the Lions in May despite being only 26.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Collaros has been put on the six game injured list after sustaining a concussion in his last game and not returning to action. National QB Brandon Bridge will now be the starting Rider QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Collaros has been put on the six game injured list after sustaining a concussion in his last game and not returning to action. National QB Brandon Bridge will now be the starting Rider QB.
    Collaros really should retire: this is - what? - his third concussion (that we know about).

Well, in football, one man's injury is another's opportunity. Let's see what you've got to offer, new #1 QB Bridge.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Collaros really should retire: this is - what? - his third concussion (that we know about).

Well, in football, one man's injury is another's opportunity. Let's see what you've got to offer, new #1 QB Bridge.
    I've been thinking the same. Collaros can still be a good player, but at 2-3 concussions it may be time to consider retiring. At some point gotta think about the future.

Banned
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I've been thinking the same. Collaros can still be a good player, but at 2-3 concussions it may be time to consider retiring. At some point gotta think about the future.
    I don't think he will consider retirement until after the 6 game IR or until the end of the year, if he retires he doesn't get paid.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Major questions are being asked about Chris Jone's sputtering offence: why is he continually alternating between Bridge and Watford (up to seven times in the same game) when this tends to seriously reduce the chances of a QB developing any game rhythm and even more so for such inexperienced QBs as discussed by Matt Dunigan, Henry Burris, Milt Stegall and others; why isn't Duron Carter being used on offence where his pass catching skills as one of the league's best receivers could help out the young QBs instead of on defence where the results have been mixed at best; and why has Messam, whose skills admittedly are diminishing with age, not been used in several two and under short yard situations when his 6'3", 230 lb size is still formidable in picking up short yardage first downs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I quickly browsed 3 Down Nation and noticed some nonsense about Zac Collaros being taken off the injury list early.

It's too bad that Zac Collaros won't retire before he's hurt again... head injuries and he are well-acquainted.

I'm skeptical, but I hope he makes it through.

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I quickly browsed 3 Down Nation and noticed some nonsense about Zac Collaros being taken off the injury list early.

It's too bad that Zac Collaros won't retire before he's hurt again... head injuries and he are well-acquainted.

I'm skeptical, but I hope he makes it through.
    Makes you wonder what type of QB he will be in the future. If he tries to avoid the hits he could start throwing the ball away, throwing before he's ready, throwing INTs, running out of bounds prematurely.
    The Riders need him and Bridge has been a big disappointment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    After being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, 44 year old Terrell Owens worked out for Riders' HC Chris Jones on Sunday during the team's bye week. Jones' assessment: Owens caught the ball well, had decent breaks, but he is not in game shape. Even if he did come back, which I doubt, I don't think his 44 year old body could long take the punishment of pro football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    National DB Cauchy Muamba, who was one of the final TC cuts of the Lions, has signed with the Riders. After being drafted in 2010 he played three years for BC, one year for the Bombers and four for the Eskimos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Riders have signed International QB Drew Powell, who won the Indoor Football League MVP award this year with the Iowa Barnstormers.

He completed 154-of-226 attempts for 1,604 yards, 34 touchdowns against four interceptions while rushing for league-high totals of 945 yards and 23 touchdowns. ...

The six-foot-three, 225-pound Powell played collegiately for Livingstone College. During his senior season in 2015 completed 184 of 315 passes for 2,166 yards, 15 touchdowns and 11 interceptions plus rushing for 614 yards and eight touchdowns.
    http://3downnation.com/2018/10/04/ri...k-drew-powell/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Big signing IMO. Good to see some of the draft picks coming to the CFL (Shepley and Gray) - hoping Hunter comes up to the Argos sooner rather than later.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Riders may end up putting Shepley into their game roster relatively quickly as they just announced that they have lost National OL Dariusz for the season and National OL Dan Clark for an extended period. They have also lost International DT Mic'hael Brooks for the season.

https://leaderpost.com/sports/footba...rest-of-season