Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Olympic Flag Football

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Won’t watch
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Meh!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Who is going to play in this? Perhaps some recently retired professional players?

I suppose that any boost in profile for football is good although Canadian football needs that boost much more than American football and I am not sure whether this avenue helps all that much or not.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It is being held at the Los Angeles Summer games, so NFL players will be in their off season and eligible or you could have a Tom Brady play and other retired players. For CFL players it is in season although the roster is so small whoever is selected could be allowed to go by their team for the 2 weeks. Canada should medal here and it would be a great stage for our players - CFL teams should let players go and play because of the publicity this will generate for the league. The CFL could let the teams who would lose their Canadian to replace them with an American for that duration of the Olympics.

Off the top of my head Canada could field - Nathan Rourke/Tre Ford/Kurtis Rourke at QB, John Metchie/Royce Metchie as receiver and DB. Other receivers - Gittens, Schaeffer Baker, Demski, Julien Grant. Others - Chase Claypool, Brady Oliviera, Adeboboye for offence. Defence to go with Metchie - Katstantonis, DeQuoy, Addae, Judge, Jevon Holland S on Miami Dolphins, Alex Singleton, Jordan Williams.

Any all star CIS and NCAA seniors who are drafted should try out as well.

Depending upon how seriously USA takes this Canada could field a very strong team. And should silver medal at the least if not surprise/shock the USA.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    It is being held at the Los Angeles Summer games, so NFL players will be in their off season and eligible or you could have a Tom Brady play and other retired players. For CFL players it is in season although the roster is so small whoever is selected could be allowed to go by their team for the 2 weeks. Canada should medal here and it would be a great stage for our players - CFL teams should let players go and play because of the publicity this will generate for the league. The CFL could let the teams who would lose their Canadian to replace them with an American for that duration of the Olympics.

Off the top of my head Canada could field - Nathan Rourke/Tre Ford/Kurtis Rourke at QB, John Metchie/Royce Metchie as receiver and DB. Other receivers - Gittens, Schaeffer Baker, Demski, Julien Grant. Others - Chase Claypool, Brady Oliviera, Adeboboye for offence. Defence to go with Metchie - Katstantonis, DeQuoy, Addae, Judge, Jevon Holland S on Miami Dolphins, Alex Singleton, Jordan Williams.

Any all star CIS and NCAA seniors who are drafted should try out as well.

Depending upon how seriously USA takes this Canada could field a very strong team. And should silver medal at the least if not surprise/shock the USA.
    I wouldn't want players leaving their CFL teams to play flag football in LA at any point in the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The L. A. Games are still 5 years away and there is more unknown about Flag Football in the Games than is known. However since the NFL has stated their players may compete, we can probably make some assumptions. The NFL will want to highlight the event on the international stage especially since the Olympics is being held in the States. This would be a golden opportunity for the CFL to also shine on the international stage. People in every corner of the world watch the Olympics. Team USA will likely be seen as Team NFL so it is important the Team Canada be identified with the CFL. Imagine a USA/Canada final.

Scooter has outlined one way the CFL could make players available. How about having any CFL player taking part in these Olympics not count against the salary cap for the rest of the season. There are many ways the CFL could creatively manage this situation. Flag football stresses speed and quickness not size and strength so the selection and team training would need to take that into consideration.

Speaking personally I can vouch that every country I have visited, people know about the NFL but the CFL is a complete unknown entity. A CFL led Team Canada would do more to raise awareness globally than anything our present ill advised Global program is doing. Wouldn't it be great to see Team Canada (CFL) in the Olympic final versus Team USA (NFL), especially if we pull an upset win.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The L. A. Games are still 5 years away and there is more unknown about Flag Football in the Games than is known. However since the NFL has stated their players may compete, we can probably make some assumptions. The NFL will want to highlight the event on the international stage especially since the Olympics is being held in the States. This would be a golden opportunity for the CFL to also shine on the international stage. People in every corner of the world watch the Olympics. Team USA will likely be seen as Team NFL so it is important the Team Canada be identified with the CFL. Imagine a USA/Canada final.

Scooter has outlined one way the CFL could make players available. How about having any CFL player taking part in these Olympics not count against the salary cap for the rest of the season. There are many ways the CFL could creatively manage this situation. Flag football stresses speed and quickness not size and strength so the selection and team training would need to take that into consideration.

Speaking personally I can vouch that every country I have visited, people know about the NFL but the CFL is a complete unknown entity. A CFL led Team Canada would do more to raise awareness globally than anything our present ill advised Global program is doing. Wouldn't it be great to see Team Canada (CFL) in the Olympic final versus Team USA (NFL), especially if we pull an upset win.
    I understand where you are coming from but I have to question any advertising the Olympics would provide for the CFL.

Does anyone here watch Finnish hockey, Spanish basketball, Brazilian volleyball or Fijian rugby?

I'm all for Olympic flag football, but not at the expense of the CFL's integrity. No active player on a CFL roster should leave for this tournament.