Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Once again I have No issue whatsoever with people Discussing attendance. I'm just tired of people who don't go to games Complaining about attendance.

There's a difference between the two.
    You are on your own.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Great synopsis.
    To add to it, I think Fajardo showed heart (and legs) in his short stint, and is better than Kilgore. Kilgore looked rattled and jumpy right from the get go. I hope the "Kilgore Experiment" is over. Milanovich is not a HC, he should be MAYBE be a OC/QB coach like Calvillo, if that. The Argos aren't winning any new fans with their "self-promotion" (losing) at BMO.
    To be fair, Fajardo did show heart. On another post I just credited Whitaker as the only guy with heart.

Kilgore should be gone by Labour Day.... 2tds and 10 interceptions. His interception deep in Argo territory pretty much ended any competitiveness in this game, even if it was in the 1st quarter. He's not a pro QB and is singlehandedly capable of losing games without showing signs of managing a game properly.

The DB's all stink on that team. AJ Jefferson is the best of a bad lot and he stunk yesterday. He was afraid to make a one on one tackle early in the game and eased up allowing an Eskimo 1st Down. Isaiah Green and Gordon not much better. Devin Smith should not have been brought back. This is the import talent Barker is bringing in and we should be happy...huh

Forgot to mention this last week, but Gordon actually stopped running on Clarence Denmark's 2nd TD last week. Denmark hadn't even got to the 10 yd line yet. What if he dropped the fuckin ball? That's totally unacceptable afaic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well with Fajardos injury and Kilgore's ineffectiveness, I think Levefor gets promoted to the active roster for the BC game. Here is hoping Ray can at least dress. I don't care if Kilgore is the holder on field goals, I don't think he should be dressed next game if Ray is healthy.

I don't recall ever leaving a game with over 8 minutes left to play. Changes must be made over the bye week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I haven't attended an Argo game this year, and probably won't; I live in Ottawa and will see them when they play here.

I, however, will marvel (complain?) or call it whatever you want, at the lack of attendance in the new venue.

It also concerns me as a fan of the entire league, as it is a major endemic issue that could effect the future of the league.

You can't survive on TV Ratings alone. That tells us all that the fan base is ageing, and couldn't be bothered.

I sat in sold out crowds of 50,000 plus at Exhibition and watched them dwindle at Skydome. We have watched the transformations in Hamilton, Montreal, Calgary, BC and here in the Nations Capital.

I do not understand why a town the size of Toronto does not support this team.

This may not be a very good team this year, but affordable entertainment is not easily found anywhere, let alone in the big smoke.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    I haven't attended an Argo game this year, and probably won't; I live in Ottawa and will see them when they play here.

I, however, will marvel (complain?) or call it whatever you want, at the lack of attendance in the new venue.

It also concerns me as a fan of the entire league, as it is a major endemic issue that could effect the future of the league.

You can't survive on TV Ratings alone. That tells us all that the fan base is ageing, and couldn't be bothered.

I sat in sold out crowds of 50,000 plus at Exhibition and watched them dwindle at Skydome. We have watched the transformations in Hamilton, Montreal, Calgary, BC and here in the Nations Capital.

This may not be a very good team this year, but affordable entertainment is not easily found anywhere, let alone in the big smoke.
    I've seen that brought up too in some circles--that the Argo ticket prices are too expensive to be considered "affordable entertainment."
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post

Forgot to mention this last week, but Gordon actually stopped running on Clarence Denmark's 2nd TD last week. Denmark hadn't even got to the 10 yd line yet. What if he dropped the fuckin ball? That's totally unacceptable afaic.
    I saw this and completely agree. That type of quit is unacceptable in any sport. Run it out, dive, do whatever you can. Watching Pat Watkins last night, it made me angry that we let him go. I find Barker can be arrogant in his belief that he can easily replace just about anybody. They haven't replaced Watkins that for sure!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I've seen that brought up too in some circles--that the Argo ticket prices are too expensive to be considered "affordable entertainment."
    Didn't realize that was a problem, cos I sure don't hear any complaining about that here in Ottawa

Don
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I saw this and completely agree. That type of quit is unacceptable in any sport. Run it out, dive, do whatever you can. Watching Pat Watkins last night, it made me angry that we let him go. I find Barker can be arrogant in his belief that he can easily replace just about anybody. They haven't replaced Watkins that for sure!
    If there is one area in which Barker has utterly failed as a GM it is his lack of ability to find the right 5 guys to play in that secondary.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    If there is one area in which Barker has utterly failed as a GM it is his lack of ability to find the right 5 guys to play in that secondary.
    Quite true ..... I'm thinking Jones found Watkins ....which is who he followed to Edmonton ..... And Rozetti was a good scout for us and he's gone to the NFL .... I'm worried about our scouting now ..... And the secondary shows it ...... Is Gabriel coming back this season?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    If you had no interest in attending the EX, I'm sure it was a pain getting in. This may have scared a lot of fans away.
    Maybe, but any losses would be compensated by fans like myself who can only attend on weekends. The Ex was supposed to increase attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Just horrible seeing 500 odd people if that on the side that the camera sees all game
    I counted 2500 people at its peak on the East side (lots of spare time during that performance)

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Speaking of the crowd, my hat was off to the fans that sat on the East side. I think one could probably cook eggs on those little plastic seats today. Even if I would have had seasons on the East side I would have bailed in this weather. Hey, if the Argos can mail it in, in this weather, why not the East Siders lol.
    I still liked my 200 level seat in the Sky Dome better than my West Side 200 level seat in BMO. But the fact that the TFC's and Dave Miller are upset, makes it all worth while.
    We need some night games, because that sun is brutal. I noticed many fans moving to the endzones, mostly standing for relief. I'm confused with your seat assessment though. I sat 200 West side for this game. The lower level seats viewing and angle are superior to the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I think the new ownership underestimated the apathy that exists in Southern Ontario towards the Argonauts, apparently the announcement of new ownership, move to BMO, tailgating hype wasn't enough to bring back the masses as expected.
    I have said many times this will not be a quick fix but TBH I am concerned over the attendance figures so far this season.
    New ownership, new venue, hosting the Grey Cup and 15k or so per game.......wow!!
    I think the new ownership group pushed the envelope in regards to ticket pricing and got away with it with some because it was the first year at BMO.
    The team's home performances so far at BMO have been pretty crappy (to be kind), what will year 2 bring attendance wise if this on field trend continues?
    People paid the premium ticket prices for year 1 at BMO with the promise of a "new fan experience", I'm wondering what renewals will be like moving forward?
    Walking around the stadium and attending the tailgate, you would never know of a popularity or attendance problem. We just need another 5000 seat sales to be respectable. How do you double the season tickets but draw less singles? There is some great value in the seating (endzone and corners), but some terrible too. Gold level pricing to sit high up in the East stands? I think it can be solved in time, but this years impressions are going to make it even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Poor Argos!!! Poor fans!!!!!!.. Did you watch that shit that they displayed and wanted people to pay to watch today. That was pathetic. Let's face the facts, the team doesn't deserve better. They've crapped the bed at BMO all year. It's a miracle they had 15,000 tix sold.

You could bet the Argos want to maintain their few season ticket holders, but to keep me they'll have to fire Barker and Milo This is as bad as 2000 with GM JI or 2002 with Gerry Etchevarry as coach.
    Well I guess we're now at 6999 ST, because firing the GM and Coach would only be a setback at this time. Terrible game, we're all in the dumps. Let's take some time to relax, regroup and see how the season pans out. We're not even halfway yet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    It is the same issues on field as last year. No pressure on the QB. Secondary is weak to be polite. The offense does not execute well and put up enough points. I said it before Gurley, Elliot and Hazleton with there idiotic spinning of the ball after a 4 yard catch drives me nuts. Elliot spun it after a 7 yard catch. What the hell is wrong with these guys. Shut up and play like Whitaker. Stop talking and just play.

The attendance is surprising. I don't understand why they are drawing so poorly even though the on field product stinks. I remember in the dome thinking mid 20K was a brutal draw. I do not believe we have incompetent people running the marketing side of the team. Let's see what they do there rest of the season to attempt to correct this issue. You had to know there was a an attendance issue when we all received an email to move tickets for a 20% discount. I am truly depressed over the attendance and on field product. Very depressed.... I never thought it would be like this this year.....shocked.....
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    It's not a complaint, it's a discussion. It's worth discussing because if the attendance does not get better there will not be an Argos team to cheer for.

ATTENDANCE: 15,157
    By my calculation that is an average of 16,691 for the first five games. So with the reported break even attendance of 18,000 there is still time to make that with some cooler w/e games. The new owners aren't going to lose their shirt IMO. Those Grey Cup prices will bring in a healthy profit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Zic gives a pretty accurate summary of the game and current state of this franchise.
    No arguments with anything he said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/20...-eskimos-46-23
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    i didnt go to the game but i paid for two tickets (sent some others)
    sad to see and empty field mostly, but w/e, nothing we can realistically do.
    We know it isn't the day.
    Only 15k for a weekend with free CNE?
    poor argos. Deserve better than this but of course, nothing can really be done about it. If a city doesn't want to support a team, they won't.
    I think it starts with the front office reaching out to previous customers and with the team turning things around on the field.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

I was in Vancouver and they are having similar problems. Attendance was 21k vs the Stamps, which should've been a great game on paper on a Friday night. Media thinks the attendance was actually much less. Like Toronto, I have heard that tickets are too expensive which is no surprise since Braley is in control.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    AF87 asked you guys to stop sniping at each other. These personal attacks are not acceptable and I think you had better listen...

Personally, I think complaining about the attendance is a foolish waste of time whether or not one is in a position to attend. Complaining about complaining isn't much better. But after a dispiriting loss like this a certain amount of griping is inevitable.
    or what we will be banned from a forum with a core group of about 4 people who just jump on everyone and insult them if they have a difference of opinion?

The Argonauts need a real forum like the Ticats have.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level

Exactly but these guys have blinders on and you are likely going to get blasted for this lol.

Do not dare say anything remotely negative.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well with Fajardos injury and Kilgore's ineffectiveness, I think Levefor gets promoted to the active roster for the BC game. Here is hoping Ray can at least dress. I don't care if Kilgore is the holder on field goals, I don't think he should be dressed next game if Ray is healthy.

I don't recall ever leaving a game with over 8 minutes left to play. Changes must be made over the bye week.
    Kilgore needs to be cut to send a message to the rest of the team... if you can't produce you are gone.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    FFS everyone needs to relax. We're 4-4 and were 3-2 before a rookie QB started. Last two games were far from being pretty but there is no need for members to be arguing with one another. Disagreeing and discussing is not arguing but there is absolutely no need to go ballistic when replying to someone.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    By my calculation that is an average of 16,691 for the first five games. So with the reported break even attendance of 18,000 there is still time to make that with some cooler w/e games. The new owners aren't going to lose their shirt IMO. Those Grey Cup prices will bring in a healthy profit.
    That should result in a loss of about 750k a year by the time you factor in concession stands, programs, etc. if you take the opening game away that number does not look nearly as good either. The grey cup will certainly help this year, but that's not something they will have every year. I worry about the new ownership group... They are businessmen not CFL fans and I can't see them losing money for long.

Argos still have lots of time to turn things around but they really need to do SOMETHING in the bye week.. Cut about 5 guys, tell the rest of them they are next if things dont get better. There are lots of guys who are looking for a chance and the NFL cuts will be coming soon. Dont sit by and accept performances like we have saw of late, do SOMETHING.