Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Amazing that Austin's record is remarkably similar to Milanovich's.
    Yes, it's apparently quite difficult to be the Calgary Stampeders in the post-modern era CFL.

But the quality of the journey is important and related to the trajectory of a team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Man when did that happen???
    :-)

JK I know that you're referring to Collaros AKA Mr. Glass.
    Yes of course a typo "Collaros" instead.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was a huge Harris and Collaros supporter. I coined the name Collargos. He's dead to me now. Living in the past does SQUAT!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Again not my recollection.
    Most were not fans of Collaros and just like Harris, kept calling him a flash in the pan.
    The vast majority went nuts on me.
    I was the only one consistently stating the opposite and how the ultimate stupid decision of letting him walk would come back to bite us.
    You forget coach Austin with the Cats evaluated him highly to sign him as a FA and cut Burris.
    Austin no matter what people may think of him, was a great QB, an evaluator of talent and now a great coach.
    It was your general attitude, particularly harsh and negative towards Ray, that caused most of your hardship on here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Except I was proven 100% correct on both players, much to the ridicule by some who din't know what the hell they were talking about and could not evaluate talent if it hit them in the head.
    The guy who remembers hearing phones ring off the hook as someone told him the Argos sold 15K season tickets also remembers everyone else here saying Collaros and Harris sucked.

I'm convinced.

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    here is another:

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Actually Collaros just wanted to start, if the Argos brass wanted to keep him as the starter he would have stayed.
    What I stated in terms of Harris was that if he wants to be paid like the best QB in the League he'd better start playing like it, because if he's not I'd let him walk (I'd rather see good money spent wisely), I honestly don't think Harris is that great, he's a good QB, but not in the same category as Ray, Collaros, or even Mitchell at this point. I also stated earlier in the year, that to me it doesn't matter one way or the other who the Argonauts keep, however if the team keeps Ray they'd better hope that either Kilgore or some other young kid can be "the guy" within a couple of years. I'd have zero issue if the Argonauts let Harris go, even with Ray's injury issues as of late, Harris needs Brady to call a perfect game and his receivers to make big plays for him in order to look good, guys like Ray and Collaros make their teammates better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    here is another:
    Actually Collaros just wanted to start, if the Argos brass wanted to keep him as the starter he would have stayed.
    What I stated in terms of Harris was that if he wants to be paid like the best QB in the League he'd better start playing like it, because if he's not I'd let him walk (I'd rather see good money spent wisely), I honestly don't think Harris is that great, he's a good QB, but not in the same category as Ray, Collaros, or even Mitchell at this point. I also stated earlier in the year, that to me it doesn't matter one way or the other who the Argonauts keep, however if the team keeps Ray they'd better hope that either Kilgore or some other young kid can be "the guy" within a couple of years. I'd have zero issue if the Argonauts let Harris go, even with Ray's injury issues as of late, Harris needs Brady to call a perfect game and his receivers to make big plays for him in order to look good, guys like Ray and Collaros make their teammates better.
    I was doing okay until the last bit lol (which I've bolded). Btw, I've already admitted that I was wrong about Harris.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    The guy who remembers hearing phones ring off the hook as someone told him the Argos sold 15K season tickets also remembers everyone else here saying Collaros and Harris sucked.

I'm convinced.

ArgoTom also thought Dalton Bell should have been handed the starter's job at one point in his life because he threw a couple of good passes in preseason games against guys that were cut a few days later. Kind of surprised he hasn't been signed by some CFL team to be a scout.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I was doing okay until the last bit lol (which I've bolded). Btw, I've already admitted that I was wrong about Harris.
    Dumping on Harris tends to be a forum specialty. When Harris performs at an elite level, it's really not his doing, it's the receivers' stellar play. In this respect Harris is a unique talent among QBs.

Criticizing Milanovich, on the other hand, is very bad form.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    ArgoTom also thought Dalton Bell should have been handed the starter's job at one point in his life because he threw a couple of good passes in preseason games against guys that were cut a few days later. Kind of surprised he hasn't been signed by some CFL team to be a scout.
    Lots of posters have been wrong about players, argotom wasn't the only one that wanted Dalton Bell to start over Lemon, I even recall some wanting Reggie McNeal to be the starter when he was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Dumping on Harris tends to be a forum specialty. When Harris performs at an elite level, it's really not his doing, it's the receivers' stellar play. In this respect Harris is a unique talent among QBs.

Criticizing Milanovich, on the other hand, is very bad form.
    TBH, I thought that way about Harris, there was just something off about him last season, even this season I've seen it, but he's played well, and seems to have improved on things I felt were his weak points, thus I had to accept that I was wrong about him. Considering how "ecstatic" I was to lose Harris, eating crow this time wasn't the greatest, but no worries, life moves on lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Lots of posters have been wrong about players, argotom wasn't the only one that wanted Dalton Bell to start over Lemon, I even recall some wanting Reggie McNeal to be the starter when he was here.

TBH, I thought that way about Harris, there was just something off about him last season, even this season I've seen it, but he's played well, and seems to have improved on things I felt were his weak points, thus I had to accept that I was wrong about him. Considering how "ecstatic" I was to lose Harris, eating crow this time wasn't the greatest, but no worries, life moves on lol.
    Even Einstein wasn't correct 100% of the time!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Tom was wrong about Bishop who was a Lemon and Cleo who was really a Lemon.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Up until the final four regular season games of last year, I felt that the Argos should stick with Harris over Ray. Even after the season, I felt that it was important to re-sign Harris to go along with Ray.

Regarding Collaros, I felt during the 2013 season that he was another star in the making. However, I also felt that the Argos made the correct move in going with Ray as the starter as he was still playing at a high level. Heck, Ray is still playing at a high level today.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Up until the final four regular season games of last year, I felt that the Argos should stick with Harris over Ray. Even after the season, I felt that it was important to re-sign Harris to go along with Ray.

Regarding Collaros, I felt during the 2013 season that he was another star in the making. However, I also felt that the Argos made the correct move in going with Ray as the starter as he was still playing at a high level. Heck, Ray is still playing at a high level today.
    Harris like Collaros, was never going to return just to be Ray's backup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Harris like Collaros, was never going to return just to be Ray's backup.
    IIRC he was offered the same incentive based contract as Ray. So he had the opportunity to compete for the starters role with Ray.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    IIRC he was offered the same incentive based contract as Ray. So he had the opportunity to compete for the starters role with Ray.
    "Open competition" with Ray - yeah, I think Harris knew how that'd work out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    "Open competition" with Ray - yeah, I think Harris knew how that'd work out.
    Agreed, he probably wouldn't be able to beat out a healthy Ray in a fair competition. Maybe in a couple of more years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I think it is unrealistic for players to expect to play with the same group in today's game.
    Injuries, injuries, injuries...
    Isn't that what defensive systems are all about?
    Eliminate the individual play and emphasize the system so that players can be plugged in when injuries occur without a significant drop off in effectiveness?
    Don't agree with your last point, you can have the greatest offensive and/or defensive schemes but you need the talent to execute the plan.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Don't agree with your last point, you can have the greatest offensive and/or defensive schemes but you need the talent to execute the plan.
    Wally approves this message. lol

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Well whatever the teams are doing this year has us watching the worst year of CFL football in a long time. Most games are CRAP! The challenges are out of bounds, ridiculous, too much and a real pain in the ass, interrupting play. The player turnover is way over the top. No wonder games have been horrible. You're not only teaching new players the game but when those new players get injured your filling holes with other newbies. GM's scramble to field something and we end up rushing the Chad Kilgore's of the world into games. The guy was very obviously not ready and could have screwed his football career with those performances. The year has been more up and down then Bolt with his one nighter a few nights back. His fiancée must bail on him!!!