Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Difference being they invest way less time in Americans if they show they can't play. Fonoti got 1 start, sucked, was invited back to camp and got cut. How long did Sewell get?
    But you can bet if Fonoti was a Canadian he would still be in the League, somewhere. "Getting developed".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I kind of struggle with this thinking. I've seen just as many terrible American offensive linemen as some Canadians put out there (Cave, Fonoti, etc vs. Neufeld, Sewell, etc).

Americans get handed starting jobs at OTs on most teams, and even if they struggle or are useless, they get more starts or maybe replaced by another import; Canadians rarely get brought in and handed starting OT jobs out of TC = imports are vastly favored at OT by most GOBs now / Canadians have to prove they are very good (and graded harshly if they were to struggle) to get to play OT; or else are given some time to develop.

Why don't the Argos just cut Van Zeyl and bring in another superstar American OT like Fonoti and hand him a starting job?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Fonoti needs to not be in our league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    But you can bet if Fonoti was a Canadian he would still be in the League, somewhere. "Getting developed".
    That's the point I was making.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Why don't the Argos just cut Van Zeyl and bring in another superstar American OT like Fonoti and hand him a starting job?
    Because the truth of the matter is that it doesn't work the way you describe. Steve Morley had a long CFL career with Winnipeg. Had he been an American that performed as he did when he was an Argo, he would have been cut 4 games into his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Because the truth of the matter is that it doesn't work the way you describe. Steve Morley had a long CFL career with Winnipeg. Had he been an American that performed as he did when he was an Argo, he would have been cut 4 games into his career.

IF you followed all teams in the league, you might get there are a pile of import O-linemen who are with another CFL team, and starting, after being cut or doing little with the previous CFL team they played for = they get extra shots AND at playing time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    IF you followed all teams in the league, you might get there are a pile of import O-linemen who are with another CFL team, and starting, after being cut or doing little with the previous CFL team they played for = they get extra shots AND at playing time.
    If you say so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Americans get handed starting jobs at OTs on most teams, and even if they struggle or are useless, they get more starts or maybe replaced by another import; Canadians rarely get brought in and handed starting OT jobs out of TC = imports are vastly favored at OT by most GOBs now / Canadians have to prove they are very good (and graded harshly if they were to struggle) to get to play OT; or else are given some time to develop.

Actually Van Zeyl hasn't been playing too badly this year IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing Van Roten or Wallace play some at RG to see if that would kind of solidify the O Line. I would rather see a strong Line for Ricky even if they had to start (wait for it) a Canadian at WR. I don't think Noel and Coombes alternating at one of the WR spots would hurt the offense one bit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Actually Van Zeyl hasn't been playing too badly this year IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing Van Roten or Wallace play some at RG to see if that would kind of solidify the O Line. I would rather see a strong Line for Ricky even if they had to start (wait for it) a Canadian at WR. I don't think Noel and Coombes alternating at one of the WR spots would hurt the offense one bit.
    I am 100% with you on this. Personally, I would like to see Coombs spell Whitaker more often. That would allow someone like Noel or Jones to get on the field more. I love Durie, but it's clear that he is no longer a big part of the offence. I don't want to see him cut, but it is a bit of a waste to have he and Coombs not really a part of the offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    At this point, I'd just like to see Durie and Coombs see the ball more often. I really don't understand why they're being so underutilized.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    They're being under-utilized because we are playing Dupuis on virtually every snap. And I believe we are using Dupuis so much because our o-line isn't providing good enough protection on its own. Unless Durie/Coombs replace an INT (and arguably they should have replaced Miles when he was starting, and maybe Bates), they are left on the sideline.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    At this point, I'd just like to see Durie and Coombs see the ball more often. I really don't understand why they're being so underutilized.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    They're being under-utilized because we are playing Dupuis on virtually every snap. And I believe we are using Dupuis so much because our o-line isn't providing good enough protection on its own. Unless Durie/Coombs replace an INT (and arguably they should have replaced Miles when he was starting, and maybe Bates), they are left on the sideline.
    This is incorrect. They aren't playing because Milanovich hates players born north of an imaginary line set by people in the 1780s.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    This is incorrect. They aren't playing because Milanovich hates players born north of an imaginary line set by people in the 1780s.

Really ? - you believe he hates them ? ;o) More like he feels they are inferior talents who he is forced to play because of that damn nuisance ratio, but - he needs the NI bodies for the roster. You figure Brian Jones or Llevi Noel are going to get any starts or lots of playing time this season?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Yeah, that explains Dupuis for sure.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Really ? - you believe he hates them ? ;o) More like he feels they are inferior talents who he is forced to play because of that damn nuisance ratio, but - he needs the NI bodies for the roster. You figure Brian Jones or Llevi Noel are going to get any starts or lots of playing time this season?
    The Argos are using a Canadian FB/TE a lot this season, OV, and you still aren't happy?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Yeah, that explains Dupuis for sure.
    Come on, pw13, you missed my sarcasm.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Argos are using a Canadian FB/TE a lot this season, OV, and you still aren't happy?

Sure - Dupuis is a good one, at least as a blocker anyways; why not get him the ball on a couple or more passes a game though? And why do Durie/Coombs at the hybrid slot always have to come out of the game when Dupuis is in? - so a Wallace Miles type can stay on the field ?

Llevi Noel (impressive to say the least in his brief receiver playing time) & Brian Jones ? - no room for playing time? - let me guess Ravi - they need time to "develop" before they are ready; just like all the CFL rookie import receivers who get handed playing time in their first years?