Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
Just FYI - saw Neuuwesteg play several times in CIS ball, including play-off games with higher comeptition/big games on the line- and he was very impressive as a returner - shifty, caught the ball, made lots of yards; his CIS stats there over a couple of seasons there were superb; you ever see him play there? You're quite OK though with dismissing CIS stats (you ever play at that level of football?), but defending all CFL GOB decisions to hand playing time to their American guys though. Obvious - is what it is. Sorry - but I have to go by what I see from the playing field - nice to see Llevi Noel not playing at receiver after a couple of really nice receptions the previous game - you manage to watch those plays, or maybe too busy ignoring them or dreaming up more GOB Americans first excuses ?
I was at the Guelph York game last year. He really didn't stand out. Also was in Guelph for camp this year a couple of times. Not sure if he had the jitters or not, but struggled to catch punts. He's quick, which will make him very good at the CIS level, but in the pros he isn't any quicker than the players he will be playing against.