Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Boatman
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I don't see a personnel issue. I see a play design issue where receivers just aren't open for Ray to throw to.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    There's a lot of truth to that. All the other teams in the League seem to have all pro cover DB's when they play the Argos.
    The other interpretation of those two observations is that it is a personnel issue because the players can't beat their man. Ultimately, football is about winning the one on ones. Chad Owens in his prime made this system look like the second coming. Spencer is good, but doesn't appear to be MOP good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Actually, with the 16 points in this game, thanks to their last minute drive and FG, the Lions for the moment lead the league in scoring. The Argo offence on the other hand ended on a play where they needed a few yards and a tackle behind the line of scrimmage after the completion of the pass. When one needs a few yards on second down, a pass completion that picks up those few yards without depending on YAC yards would hardly be playing risky by going deep.
    I believe Elliot was in first down territory after a catch on an Argos possession in the 3rd quarter, but he got silly and ran back, getting tackled 3 yds behind the first down marker when he should've just fell forward after catching the ball, which would've given him a first down. If not, it would at least have enabled Dan Lefevour to come in on 3rd down to easily gain enough on a QB sneak.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    The offence's chance to respond was their last possession!!! 2nd down and they throw a check down and tackled right away. Our defence held us in but BC made the plays on the last drive to win. Our offence does not have that gut check gear to get the win...a SM trademark!
    Loved the overall effort.
    No deep game whatsoever. Either Ray can't push the ball downfield because of his shoulder, or Elliot and Gurley are just not as elusive as we've been led to believe. BC deep ball didn't look too great either, as I thought Arcenoux was ordinary at best, and Jennings was downright awful on his long throws and very underwhelming. The Argos secondary actually played very well and coverage was much tighter than it was in the previous 6 quarters of football at BMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobythor View Post
    Has a pro team ever gone 1 and 5 to open a new stadium? Wow... This is brutal. I'm tired of this check down, throw for 2 yards and hope for YAC yards offence. To let Collaras and Harris go was just stupid... You won't change my mind so don't bother. I know I'm ranting but, money is tight and Argos games our my entertainment for the year and this is just garbage. Plus, I've brought new fans the past 3 games, telling them that the CFL is great and I end up apologizing. Note: I don't mind a defensive battle like tonight, but I can tell you it ain't winning new fans.
    I've been as disappointed as you over the previous 6 quarters of horrible football that the Argos have given fans before the BC game, but they played with effort yesterday, and it was good to see. The crowd was engaged and the defense fed off that. Nevermind the south stands, the west stands behind the team benches was boisterous and loud for most of the game. It was a well played professional game with an intriguing battle for field position that kept real football fans interested because the game was in doubt for the whole game. I don't think you had anything to apologize to your friends for. It was a tightly contested game with some very good intense tackling from both teams.

I honestly thought Rainey was going to have a field day running wild on special teams, but the Argos ST kept him in check and competed hard. Issac played very well and proved the coaching staff right in letting Raymond go as he provided more speed on D. I thought the game yesterday did win fans over, and did a great job of giving first timers attending an Argo game of what a great atmosphere BMO offers for outdoor fall football. I actually got chilly wearing just a t-shirt late in the 4th quarter. That hasn't happened at an Argo home game (not counting home games in Hamilton last year) for a long time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    The frustration is certainly not going to go away.

What good is Ricky Ray completing 15/16 passes in the first half if it is only resulting in 10 points? At least you could boast in 2013 that even with his safer, high percentage passes that the Argos were putting points on the board.

We knew the #1 priority for the Argos this season (after deciding to keep Ray) was the offensive line and it has not done the job this year. I know a cohesive unit doesn't arrive overnight, but I think Barker deserves a fair bit of criticism for not addressing what most of us on here knew was a poor right side of the line.

For all the eternal optimists on here like Ravi, I think I'm being swayed to the position of being in agreement re: Barker for sure and possibly Milanovich. Ironically, it has little to do with who or who wasn't kept at QB, but rather personnel recruitment at other positions over the years.

I just feel like our coaching staff has no answers...
    I have been supportive of both Milanovich and Barker as both have battled admirably through crappy and unstable ownership but in truth the on field product has become somewhat stale and boring which is the worst case scenario for this franchise at this time.
    If the balance of this season plays out in a similar fashion to 2015 then the new ownership group will have no choice but to clean house to avoid apathy from within the current fan base.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions