Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Plus we often see guys players lights out until they have a NFL tryout or two. When they come back they are half the player unless they go to another CFL team and thrive. Didn't Darryl Ford hit Detroit for a bit and wasn't the same afterwards. I'm sure it was him.

I'd like to see more Argos like Masotti, Pinball and Moen start and play their whole CFL careers with us. I really hate when guys leave for a year or two near the end of their careers to another team. Saskatchewan is a great example as Jones cleared house and they suck and players he ditched can still play. Nice to see Chick haunt them last week even though his a Ticat.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I'd like to see more Argos like Masotti, Pinball and Moen start and play their whole CFL careers with us. I really hate when guys leave for a year or two near the end of their careers to another team.
    Yah, one of my favourite Argos all-time, Kevin Eiben, should have finished his career in double blue.
    Seeing him in Ti-Cats black and yellow was awful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Yah, one of my favourite Argos all-time, Kevin Eiben, should have finished his career in double blue.
    I feel the same way about seeing CO2 in a Hamilton uni. I get the reasoning but it's still tough to see.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    You're right. He should have finished his career as an Argo, but rather than retire when he should have, he went to Hamilton when he was no longer a good player. IIRC, he wasn't a starter for long there. It reminded me of when Ben Zambiasi, who was a great Ti-Cat couldn't accept the fact that he was no longer a good MLB, and finished his career with the Argos. I think this happens a lot between the 2 teams, because players at this stage in their careers don't have to relocate their families.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You're right. He should have finished his career as an Argo, but rather than retire when he should have, he went to Hamilton when he was no longer a good player. IIRC, he wasn't a starter for long there. It reminded me of when Ben Zambiasi, who was a great Ti-Cat couldn't accept the fact that he was no longer a good MLB, and finished his career with the Argos. I think this happens a lot between the 2 teams, because players at this stage in their careers don't have to relocate their families.
    It's a unique situation with the Argos and Cats. As I mentioned once before, I could probably count close to 100 players that have switched sides from one season to another. You don't see that kind of shared turnover in many other leagues.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Plus we often see guys players lights out until they have a NFL tryout or two. When they come back they are half the player unless they go to another CFL team and thrive. Didn't Darryl Ford hit Detroit for a bit and wasn't the same afterwards. I'm sure it was him.

I'd like to see more Argos like Masotti, Pinball and Moen start and play their whole CFL careers with us. I really hate when guys leave for a year or two near the end of their careers to another team. Saskatchewan is a great example as Jones cleared house and they suck and players he ditched can still play. Nice to see Chick haunt them last week even though his a Ticat.
    Same guy argoholic Ford played with the Detroit Lions.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions