Threaded View

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Of course the signifigance is lost on those who didn't witness it and I usually find it hard to read what they say as having much value aside from an opinion. But the catch is, I did see it and every event that followed and it damn near was on the level of 9-11 in its own way. No other event was close to being like that.

The PC warriors judge Bobby Clarke but as Bruce Dowbiggin said above (and remember I never agree with him) in 1972 if they took a poll when Bobby Clarke raised his stick the vast majority would have said "Hit 'em". People forget (or don't know) how different the country was then.

One other topic I have some interest in is the JFK assassination. Like 72, it came before 9-11 and thus had a greater affect. As big as 9-11 was there were people who had experienced a similar shock before but in the case of JFK it came first in the TV age (when TV really came of age). Pearl Harbor was a massive shock but it wasn't on TV screens so the shared experience wasn't as significant.

An interesting comment about the Kennedy Assassination and one I think has validity is that the 50's ended when JFK was assassinated (1963)

Anyway, don't take my word for it, watch the TVO video and read the Bill Brioux article, as he said it was our "moon landing' and Paul Henderson was our Neil Armstrong (not the Eskimo coach)
    Last edited by Argoknot; 09-02-2016 at 05:03 AM.