Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
I wouldn't have found Glenn to be an ideal solution either, but it isn't like Drew Willy is either (especially at that price).
It comes down to what are the Argos' expectations for Willy? I think that Barker and Milanovich see him as an ideal fit for their offensive system and a potential starter in the not-too-distant future. Glenn probably would not be as good of a fit, especially with his penchant for bad interceptions.

The key for Willy is if he can get over his "gun-shyness" which seems to have developed while taking a pounding in Winnipeg the last couple of years. If he can, he could still develop into an elite QB but I will concede that is a big "if".

I didn't necessarily think that the Argos, despite the rumours, needed to trade for a veteran QB. The three that were rumoured were Durant, Willy and Glenn. Out of those three, Durant would have been my top pick with Willy at #2 and Glenn a distant #3. It could be that Barker felt some additional pressure to bring another veteran QB in with Toronto hosting the Grey Cup this year.