Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    If Willy pulls a Hajrullahu and returns to form after leaving Winnipeg we'll forget all about Heath. As a draft guy I hate losing the first round pick, so... let's kick ass and make sure it's not a valuable one!

But it's hard not to see this as a vote of non-confidence in Ray. Sure, we need a solid QB for the playoff push but Willy seems like more of a 2017 move. I wouldn't be surprised if Ray told Barker that he's tired of all the injuries and that he plans to retire at the end of the season, and Barker saw Willy as both a distressed asset and the only good young experienced QB available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    If Willy pulls a Hajrullahu and returns to form after leaving Winnipeg we'll forget all about Heath. As a draft guy I hate losing the first round pick, so... let's kick ass and make sure it's not a valuable one!

But it's hard not to see this as a vote of non-confidence in Ray. Sure, we need a solid QB for the playoff push but Willy seems like more of a 2017 move. I wouldn't be surprised if Ray told Barker that he's tired of all the injuries and that he plans to retire at the end of the season, and Barker saw Willy as both a distressed asset and the only good young experienced QB available.
    I think that, as you seem to be suggesting, there are things happening in the background that fans don't know about.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I think that, as you seem to be suggesting, there are things happening in the background that fans don't know about.
    Milanovich's quite uncharacteristic coyness in a couple of recent interviews was a strong signal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Game Ball - Plane ticket. Wow. A shame cos this team has been a little shallow in the game breaker department in the backfield as of late. I think in light of how Johnny La-Fever played, I might have been more comfortable with Kevin Glenn for what the Bombers gave up. Principally however, anytime you can get a potential starting QB with league experience, it hard not to justify. Seems to me the Argos have lots of faith in Josh Mitchell. Must have a reason.

This deal is all about readying for post- Ray. With his wisdom, I don't see how if he's on an incentive based deal, that he wouldn't help a team.

Could we be looking at 2017 with Willy, Ray, LeFevour and Fajardo? Or maybe its time to move on from Ricky?