Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JCC View Post
    So we get Willy and his 400K salary (next year) and we could have resigned Harris - who is a better QB - for 200 to 300K. Had they kept Harris, his season would look a whole lot different. Unless Harris felt that Ray had 2 or 3 years left and Burris was a year from retiring.
    Shhh - stop making sense.

Barker looking like a total moron who has totally mis-managed his QB assets for some time now; so is in desperation mode and pulls off a totally laughable trade. Anybody who thinks a stiff like Willy is some sort of excellent experienced QB who is a key acquisition for a GC run this year should put down the crack pipe/ quit drinking double blue kool-aid, IMO. They just signed LeFevour for free, they have Kilgore and other young QBs around/available and Ray could still come back and play ... yet Barker feels he has to trade a 1st round draft pick, another draft pick and a play-making DB .... for freakin' Drew Willy (and his big buck$ contract maybe ?) ???

I wish Barker & Millanovich could be traded/punted wayyyyyyyy out of town = would make for a whole lot better Argo future than one with Drew Willy in it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Shhh - stop making sense.

Barker looking like a total moron who has totally mis-managed his QB assets for some time now; so is in desperation mode and pulls off a totally laughable trade. Anybody who thinks a stiff like Willy is some sort of excellent experienced QB who is a key acquisition for a GC run this year should put down the crack pipe/ quit drinking double blue kool-aid, IMO. They just signed LeFevour for free, they have Kilgore and other young QBs around/available and Ray could still come back and play ... yet Barker feels he has to trade a 1st round draft pick, another draft pick and a play-making DB .... for freakin' Drew Willy (and his big buck$ contract maybe ?) ???

I wish Barker & Millanovich could be traded/punted wayyyyyyyy out of town = would make for a whole lot better Argo future than one with Drew Willy in it.
    I can find a half-dozen reasons to really dislike this trade.

It's interesting to note that the several superlatives that Milanovich has just attached to Willy are the very qualities that Walters praises Nichols as having (the implication follows, of course, that Willy does not have these qualities).

To be kicked to the curb by Matt Nichols (and then replaced by Kevin Glenn) speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Argo; 09-12-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The only reason this trade should be condemned is the loss of a first-round pick. I hate giving those up. But those saying "Willy sucks" and "Heath rocks" are both wrong IMO. Heath failed to win a starting job despite his two picks in the home preseason game. He began starting only when injuries devastated our secondary. At least two of his five picks were on balls tipped into his hands. Yes, you still have to catch those but if someone elsewhere doesn't screw up he doesn't make the pick. And he's 29.

As for Willy, he has started and played well in this league. Had a bad start to this season but also had a much worse surrounding cast than Nichols has now. And as good as LeFevour was yesterday, IMO it would be foolish to assume he'll continue playing at that level. There's a reason he was out of a job until recently.

Managers have to make dispassionate decisions and certainly cannot make major decisions based on a single game.

I'm betting Ricky retires after this season, gets hired by Argos as QB coach and stays in shape in case we need him. And we go to camp with Willy, Kilgore and Fajardo fighting it out in an open competition. And in the meantime we get back in the hunt for division title and the Grey Cup.
    Um... you forgot LeFevour in you list of competitors. (BTW, draft picks and dollars, and Milanovich's predilection for pylons, mean favouritism for Drew Willy.)

It's no more foolish to assume LeFevour will continue "playing at this level" that it is to assign adequacy, let alone latent greatness, to any of the other Argonaut quarterbacks.
    Last edited by Argo; 09-12-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:

Level
    The only reason this trade should be condemned is the loss of a first-round pick. I hate giving those up. But those saying "Willy sucks" and "Heath rocks" are both wrong IMO. Heath failed to win a starting job despite his two picks in the home preseason game. He began starting only when injuries devastated our secondary. At least two of his five picks were on balls tipped into his hands. Yes, you still have to catch those but if someone elsewhere doesn't screw up he doesn't make the pick. And he's 29.

As for Willy, he has started and played well in this league. Had a bad start to this season but also had a much worse surrounding cast than Nichols has now. And as good as LeFevour was yesterday, IMO it would be foolish to assume he'll continue playing at that level. There's a reason he was out of a job until recently.

Managers have to make dispassionate decisions and certainly cannot make major decisions based on a single game.

I'm betting Ricky retires after this season, gets hired by Argos as QB coach and stays in shape in case we need him. And we go to camp with Willy, Kilgore and Fajardo fighting it out in an open competition. And in the meantime we get back in the hunt for division title and the Grey Cup.
    What he said.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level

Anyone else notice Ricky lookin' all Coach-y on the sidelines yesterday?

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level

Praise Allah!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    The QB cupboard is not bare. Fajardo looks to have a lot of potential. So does Kilgore, despite how he played in two games. Who know about Bolles. Even if RR retires we can still go to camp with two reasonably experienced QBs and two kids with potential. I'd be fine with that. In the meantime, I want to go all out to win the GC this year, and IMO we have a much better chance of this with two experienced QBs (three if/when RR returns) than we did with LeFevour, Kilgore and Bolles.

As an aside, it's interesting how so many people were prepared to declare Kilgore a bust after two bad games, and so many people are apparently prepared to declare LeFevour our best QB option after one game. And to declare Heath an untouchable after eight starts.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Pretty high price for Willy, hate seeing a playmaking DB leave town considering how they have struggled with their secondary in the last 2-3 years.
    Perhaps a day or two may soften our perspective on this trade.
    I'm really not too upset about losing Heath. I think Mitchell is better than him, and they also have Berry returning shortly. The only reservation I have is the first round pick. If Willy can regain his confidence, he is a really good QB. If not, hopefully they can regain that draft pick somewhere along the way.

I think the 2 picks Heath made yesterday is really making people believe that he is better than he is. It's not like he really made plays on the ball to make those picks. They were both tipped in from of him and just fell into his hands. Nothing extraordinary about that. Johnny on the spot.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

If only they had a George Brancato type to replace Milanovich with.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'm really not too upset about losing Heath. I think Mitchell is better than him, and they also have Berry returning shortly. The only reservation I have is the first round pick. If Willy can regain his confidence, he is a really good QB. If not, hopefully they can regain that draft pick somewhere along the way.

I think the 2 picks Heath made yesterday is really making people believe that he is better than he is. It's not like he really made plays on the ball to make those picks. They were both tipped in from of him and just fell into his hands. Nothing extraordinary about that. Johnny on the spot.
    If you can get a potential starting QB - and Milanovich believes he can bring the best out of Willy and has a good track record developing QBs - is a first round draft pick too steep a price? I would say no. Willy was beat up badly behind that terrible Winnipeg o-line in 2014 and 2015 and subsequently lost his confidence. Milanovich feels that he can help Willy get that confidence back and I would give him the benefit of the doubt on that given how well he has worked with QBs in the past.

Regarding Heath, the Argos have other DBs that are now getting healthy whom they probably like at least as much in Mitchell, Rankin and Berry. As Paul noted, Heath is 29 which is not young for a DB. I know that some will point out that Willy is also 29 but that usually means heading into your prime for a QB. Remember that Trevor Harris is 31.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If only they had a George Brancato type to replace Milanovich with.
    Hey - lookie here - one of the team shill/cheerleaders is getting all bent out of shape again because somebody dared disagree with a move that Argo insrutable football geniuses Barker/Millanovich made; gee, what a shocker/surprise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If you can get a potential starting QB - and Milanovich believes he can bring the best out of Willy and has a good track record developing QBs - is a first round draft pick too steep a price? I would say no. Willy was beat up badly behind that terrible Winnipeg o-line in 2014 and 2015 and subsequently lost his confidence. Milanovich feels that he can help Willy get that confidence back and I would give him the benefit of the doubt on that given how well he has worked with QBs in the past.
    Here's hoping the Argos OL give Willy the protection they gave DL yesterday. If they give Willy the protection they gave Ray, it will look a lot like 2014 and 2015 in Winnipeg.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

i totally agree with you, mostly with losing the draft pick...i think people are more shocked that arguably the best defender on the field last night is traded within minutes after the game...if heath didnt do anything at all tonight, would anyone even bat an eye? i doubt it

i still have hope as i always think back to the cory boyd release...leagues leading rusher is released...and we win the grey cup that year!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hey - lookie here - one of the team shill/cheerleaders is getting all bent out of shape again because somebody dared disagree with a move that Argo insrutable football geniuses Barker/Millanovich made; gee, what a shocker/surprise.

That's fine. As I said before, I'm not a member of the media. I have no obligation to be unbias. At least I have some sort of variety in my posts. No copy and paste buttons needed here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    i totally agree with you, mostly with losing the draft pick...i think people are more shocked that arguably the best defender on the field last night is traded within minutes after the game...if heath didnt do anything at all tonight, would anyone even bat an eye? i doubt it

i still have hope as i always think back to the cory boyd release...leagues leading rusher is released...and we win the grey cup that year!
    I think Issaac was the best Argo defender last night, with the entire D-Line also being a force.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I think Issaac was the best Argo defender last night, with the entire D-Line also being a force.
    Yeah, have to say I have been more than pleasantly surprised with how well Isaac has played of late. His best stretch since 2012. He's even making aggressive tackles rather than waving at guys.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The QB cupboard is not bare. Fajardo looks to have a lot of potential. So does Kilgore, despite how he played in two games. Who know about Bolles. Even if RR retires we can still go to camp with two reasonably experienced QBs and two kids with potential. I'd be fine with that. In the meantime, I want to go all out to win the GC this year, and IMO we have a much better chance of this with two experienced QBs (three if/when RR returns) than we did with LeFevour, Kilgore and Bolles.

As an aside, it's interesting how so many people were prepared to declare Kilgore a bust after two bad games, and so many people are apparently prepared to declare LeFevour our best QB option after one game. And to declare Heath an untouchable after eight starts.
    LeFevour has proven for all to see, after one game, that he is precisely our best QB option. Or are you talking about next week, next month, next year? No, I didn't think so. Neither am I.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    As an aside, it's interesting how so many people were prepared to declare Kilgore a bust after two bad games
    I can only speak for myself. To me, Kilgore is not a "bust" - insufficient evidence. Yes, I agree he played two bad games. Did I want him on the field (at QB) with the team's playoff life on the line, as it is? No, I did not. Did you? No, I didn't think so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I can only speak for myself. To me, Kilgore is not a "bust" - insufficient evidence. Yes, I agree he played two bad games. Did I want him on the field (at QB) with the team's playoff life on the line, as it is? No, I did not. Did you? No, I didn't think so.

I agree with you.
    He was good the first game in Ottawa, then regressed and likely has lost his confidence.
    A gunslinger, definitely worth keeping and now falling to 3rd on the depth charge.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

My prediction for the next person to be banned from this forum...

Why are you so hostile all the time?