Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    DT - Justin Vaughn (Fordham), a Hamilton native - has made the Patriot League 1st all-star team in US college ball.

Another DT to add to a decent crop at that position for next year's draft.

In other draft news - O-lineman Dariusz Bladek (Bethune Cookman) - former team O-lineman of the year - has been granted CFL eligibility for the next draft; his mom is Canadian so he could apply for eligibility under the new CFL draft rules; he declared early for the NFL draft last year but was not picked.

An addition to what should be a strong crop at O-line for next draft.
    Hey good find there OV. Keep em coming.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Yeah, I attended a few of those Panda Games. A couple I didn't attend though had some ugly incidents. The year before I arrived at Carleton, some Carleton students were badly injured when the railing collapsed at old Lansdowne Park. I have always wondered what happened to those who were injured but I imagine that some gag orders came about when lawsuits were settled and we will never find out. A few years after that, a Carleton punt returner named Rob Dunn was assaulted - and it was an assault - on a punt return by an Ottawa U. player named Lussier (can't recall his first name now). Lussier nailed Dunn without any regard to the "no yards" rule. Dunn had injuries that, I believe, still haunt him to this day. Dunn's favourite player was Pinball Clemons and Pinball actually drove down from Ottawa and visited him in the hospital a day or two later.

Anyway, I don't believe that a Carleton player has made it to the CFL since the football program was re-started so 2017 could be a momentous occasion.
    Remember that incident well Ravi, horrible cheap shot.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE/]........

An addition to what should be a strong crop at O-line for next draft.[/QUOTE]

We'll take one of those ... Thank you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    [QUOTE/]........

An addition to what should be a strong crop at O-line for next draft.
    We'll take one of those ... Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I am curious as to how quick both Campbell and Sackey develop and what kind of opportunities they get. Help on the D-line is required as well.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yeah, I attended a few of those Panda Games. A couple I didn't attend though had some ugly incidents. The year before I arrived at Carleton, some Carleton students were badly injured when the railing collapsed at old Lansdowne Park. I have always wondered what happened to those who were injured but I imagine that some gag orders came about when lawsuits were settled and we will never find out. A few years after that, a Carleton punt returner named Rob Dunn was assaulted - and it was an assault - on a punt return by an Ottawa U. player named Lussier (can't recall his first name now). Lussier nailed Dunn without any regard to the "no yards" rule. Dunn had injuries that, I believe, still haunt him to this day. Dunn's favourite player was Pinball Clemons and Pinball actually drove from Toronto to Ottawa to visit him in the hospital a day or two later.

Anyway, I don't believe that a Carleton player has made it to the CFL since the football program was re-started so 2017 could be a momentous occasion.
    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...010/story.html

This is an article from 2012 about said incident.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Looks like five Canadians Seniors of the top 20 rated players will be in US Bowl games coming up in the near future.

OT Mason Woods 6'9 320 Idaho - Potato Bowl Boise, ID. December 22 7:00 pm

OT Justin Senior 6'5 300 Mississippi St. - St. Petersburg Bowl December 26 11:00 am

DT Faith Ekakite 6'3 290 Iowa - Outback Bowl January 02, 2017 1:00 pm

OT Geoff Gray 6'6 310 Manitoba - East/West Shrine Bowl January 22, 2017 4:00 pm

TE Anthony Auclair 6'5 255 Laval - East/West Shrine Bowl January 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Argos might have a shot at drafting either Woods or Ekakite at their tenth overall pick. IMO. But maybe Senior and Auclair will still be available at #10 because of NFL interest, as possible futures down the road.

Winnipeg will probably look at taking Geoff Gray from Manitoba with their 1st overall pick from the Argos.
    Last edited by doubleblue; 12-19-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:

Level
    Linebacker Chris Mulumba Tshimanga (Maine) named to the "all-New England" all-star team. This guy and Herdman seem like 2 bluechip MLB prospects for the upcoming CFL draft. I wonder if the Argos will have a shot at one of them in the 2nd round? A lot of CFL teams are set at MLB maybe, or else don't picture a NI as a starting MLB; but Ottawa is really in need there IMO, so they might be interested.

Bombers might like Gray as a 1st overall pick doubleblue - do you mean cause of the local connection? - Herdman is a Winnipeg native, so that might mean something too; and not sure Gray will even be top 3 or so for O-line rankings, but that remains to be seen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Linebacker Chris Mulumba Tshimanga (Maine) named to the "all-New England" all-star team. This guy and Herdman seem like 2 bluechip MLB prospects for the upcoming CFL draft. I wonder if the Argos will have a shot at one of them in the 2nd round? A lot of CFL teams are set at MLB maybe, or else don't picture a NI as a starting MLB; but Ottawa is really in need there IMO, so they might be interested.

Bombers might like Gray as a 1st overall pick doubleblue - do you mean cause of the local connection? - Herdman is a Winnipeg native, so that might mean something too; and not sure Gray will even be top 3 or so for O-line rankings, but that remains to be seen.
    The latest CFL ranking has Gray up to #5 on the list behind Senior, Auclair, DT Ankou (UCLA) and WR Simonise (U of Calgary and Jr.). Just thought that Winnipeg would shy away from picking players who may be drafted in the NFL and take Gray who might get a NFL invite after playing in the Shrine Game, but odds are he would be available much sooner than Senior who may well go in the later rounds of the NFL draft.
    Those two Linebackers Mulumba and Herdman look like 2nd round guys right now. IMO. However, Winnipeg does also have the 6th overall pick as well and maybe Herdman lights it up at the Combine and moves up the scale. His father James Reed was a former Winnipeg LBer. I would think though that Winnipeg would try and add a WR with their 6th overall pick. Simonise or Behar out of Carleton and then hope for Herdman in the 2nd round where he is presently rated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    The latest CFL ranking has Gray up to #5 on the list behind Senior, Auclair, DT Ankou (UCLA) and WR Simonise (U of Calgary and Jr.). Just thought that Winnipeg would shy away from picking players who may be drafted in the NFL and take Gray who might get a NFL invite after playing in the Shrine Game, but odds are he would be available much sooner than Senior who may well go in the later rounds of the NFL draft.
    Those two Linebackers Mulumba and Herdman look like 2nd round guys right now. IMO. However, Winnipeg does also have the 6th overall pick as well and maybe Herdman lights it up at the Combine and moves up the scale. His father James Reed was a former Winnipeg LBer. I would think though that Winnipeg would try and add a WR with their 6th overall pick. Simonise or Behar out of Carleton and then hope for Herdman in the 2nd round where he is presently rated.

Bombers sitting pretty with 2 first rounders - so they have some nice choices and can target 2 position groups with top rated prospects.

I don't buy much of the CFL draft rankings - other than as a good indicator of some good prospects - in terms of sensible ordered rankings. Auclair is all of a sudden a top 5 prospect when is more a tight end or H-back and that is a mostly ultra limited position in the CFL now ?; as a receiver he may have some talent and certainly size, but his receiving numbers at Laval are nowhere near the production that receivers like Behar or Simonise or Vandervoort put up in CIS ball.

In terms of college ball production, stats and recognition - both those linebackers should be more like top 3 this draft - they are both impressive D stats/ leading tacklers or all-star / D player of the year category types. Senior and Ankou are up there maybe mostly because they are starters in Div I programs, but the CFL draft proves so often that this kind of scouting emphasis or bias is often wrong or faulty. I hope you are right though and both those linebackers maybe fall to 2nd round = Argos might have a shot at one of them - IF they want to address MLB (to team with a healthy Greenwood back at OLB?).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Auclair has probably moved up in the ranking in response to the NFL scouts that have been noted to be keeping an eye on him during the Dunsmore the other bowl ( forget if it was the Uteck or the Mitchell) and the Vanier.

If Hardaway is the agent for some of these draft picks, Barker will probably stay away from them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    A tale of two draft picks or could it be a whale of two trades in terms of its impacts on the teams' fortunes?

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/12/08/how-two...7-draft-order/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    A tale of two draft picks or could it be a whale of two trades in terms of its impacts on the teams' fortunes?

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/12/08/how-two...7-draft-order/
    Don't you just love the picture of a smiling Bomber GM Walters. Probably been permanent ever since he hung up the phone after making the trade with Jimbo. After a couple of fist pumps and a Yeeessss!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    CFL draft prospects - Junior Luke - DT, and LB Fredric Chagnon - both from Montreal Carabins - recently played in a US college all-star game - the National Bowl (for DII & DIII players down there); Luke named lineman MVP of the game. Story on 3rd Down Nation - Justin Dunk

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    CFL draft prospects - Junior Luke - DT, and LB Fredric Chagnon - both from Montreal Carabins - recently played in a US college all-star game - the National Bowl (for DII & DIII players down there); Luke named lineman MVP of the game. Story on 3rd Down Nation - Justin Dunk
    Luke is rated #9 in this years draft which would be Ottawa's pick. Could be a good fit there as the RB's like to start two Canadians on the DLine.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Luke is rated #9 in this years draft which would be Ottawa's pick. Could be a good fit there as the RB's like to start two Canadians on the DLine.
    Ottawa started 3 NIs on the D-line late in the season, including the GC; and it could have easily been 4. Gascon-Nadon at DE; Connor Williams at both DE & DT; Evans at DT; Cleon Laing at DT; and Ettore Lattanzio played plenty (and quite well IMO) at DT much of the season - not sure why he was not playing in the play-offs/GC but he should have been IMO, unless he was hurt, and they could have then played an all-NI D-line. Not sure if they will be able to re-sign Laing? - Luke might make sense if they can't re-up Laing, but otherwise they have more pressing needs to address in the draft perhaps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Ottawa started 3 NIs on the D-line late in the season, including the GC; and it could have easily been 4. Gascon-Nadon at DE; Connor Williams at both DE & DT; Evans at DT; Cleon Laing at DT; and Ettore Lattanzio played plenty (and quite well IMO) at DT much of the season - not sure why he was not playing in the play-offs/GC but he should have been IMO, unless he was hurt, and they could have then played an all-NI D-line. Not sure if they will be able to re-sign Laing? - Luke might make sense if they can't re-up Laing, but otherwise they have more pressing needs to address in the draft perhaps.
    Laing has already been released by Ottawa to pursue NFL opportunities. I believe that the Argos will make a strong run at him if he comes back to the CFL.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Laing has already been released by Ottawa to pursue NFL opportunities. I believe that the Argos will make a strong run at him if he comes back to the CFL.
    Laing wants to play for a winner, so I doubt the Argos would have a shot if he returns to the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Laing wants to play for a winner, so I doubt the Argos would have a shot if he returns to the CFL.
    Argos were a winner during most of Laing's tenure with them. 2017 is an entirely new season so the Argos have as good of a chance at signing Laing as anyone.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Money can always change that thought. But then again, see Henoc Muamba and how to get screwed over by false promises.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Everyone wants to play for a winner. What they want even more is to be paid.