Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Lack of football fields in Canada

I cannot speak for the rest of Canada, but growing up in Mississauga and now moving to Mitchell, I noticed that there are zero football fields in these areas, I was fortunate enough that my High School (also where Andre Durie went to) had 2 dual football/soccer fields (with the soccer goal posts and the football posts up top), however there was a soccer only field at the park right next to these fields, and around my parents house there were 3 parks within 15 minute walking distance and 3 schools in less than 10 minutes walking and there are 3 baseball fields, 13 soccer only fields, 2 tennis courts, 5 basketball courts and 1 dual football/soccer field. Also in Mitchell I have driven by about 3 parks and I've seen 2 baseball fields, 2 basketball courts, 1 tennis court and 6 soccer fields. Where are all the football fields in this Country ?
    How do we expect kids to play football or gravitate to it if all they see is hockey arenas, baseball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts, etc.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    interesting post, growing up in TO i never remember an abundance of football fields locally. It is not something anyone even thought about. If we wanted to play on a Sunday afternoon then any green pitch would do.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    All football fields are either crappy high school fields or fenced off (Mississauga Valleys) but I don't see why a field goal post and lines would make any difference in participation. If you want to play then like what LLB997 said just go to any open field which seems to be more of a problem in the city. You can't even play on soccer fields anymore in a public park because you need a stupid permit from the city. My local park has 1 soccer field, 3 baseball diamonds and the cops drive by everyday kicking people out. All is left is a small patch of grass on top of a hill. It's so stupid Mississauga is expanding and there are no open fields available, teams have games/ practices each night making it hard even if you got a permit.