Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am sorry, but he can put out a lineup of the finest of characters to walk this planet, but I put my money down to watch on field talent. Management and coaching are there to identify talent with character. Sign them and bring out the best in them. They were fine characters at 4-2, but bums at 4-9. Sorry, SM wears this one.
    The only team that I know of who was both dysfunctional and successful were the 1994 Lions. They had a bad locker room and managed to win, just like the NY Mets in the 80's. But it is rare. Most teams do not want to build around players with questionable character, if you want to call it that. I just don't understand why not make the move earlier.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    The only team that I know of who was both dysfunctional and successful were the 1994 Lions. They had a bad locker room and managed to win, just like the NY Mets in the 80's. But it is rare. Most teams do not want to build around players with questionable character, if you want to call it that. I just don't understand why not make the move earlier.
    I am sorry, but I would be very careful to cast these players as questionable character. SM did just that and the following day to the high road after cutting them saying he didn't want to say anything because the players had families. I just don't buy it.