Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Oct 28: EDM @ HAM

I will be there tonight.

Go Eskimos!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Go Ti-Cats. With the Argos out, I cheer every Eastern team over the west.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Go Ti-Cats. With the Argos out, I cheer every Eastern team over the west.
    Even our hated rivals to the south-west?

The only instance where I would cheer for the Ticats over a western team is when they are playing the Roughriders.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post

The only instance where I would cheer for the Ticats over a western team is when they are playing the Roughriders.
    Yes. I have had a hate on for the Esks since I was a kid. They cheat, and they know it.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yes. I have had a hate on for the Esks since I was a kid. They cheat, and they know it.
    ...and why do they get away with it then 40 years later?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    ...and why do they get away with it then 40 years later?
    Somehow Hugh Campbell still has pull.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

The only instance where I would cheer for the Ti-cats is if their victory would somehow help the Argonauts.
    Otherwise, OSKEE LOSE LOSE!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I hope Hamilton finishes 7-11...then beats the West team in the "Crossover Game"....only to lose to Ottawa in the EF. Fantuz is the biggest cheater in the CFL! The Crossover sucks!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I had trouble trying to pick the winners this week in the pick 'em. Most teams really don't have much to play for, and that could lead to trying to tweak and figure some things out and/or playing with limited playbooks. Hamilton has Collaros back, but IMO this game will be decided by how Hamilton's D performs facing Reilly, Bowman, Walker, Zylstra, White and the offensive mind of Maas.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I hope Hamilton finishes 7-11...then beats the West team in the "Crossover Game"....only to lose to Ottawa in the EF. Fantuz is the biggest cheater in the CFL! The Crossover sucks!
    The crossover rocks!
    Reward the winners.
    Punish the pathetic losers!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    Kudos to the Ticats for a decent comeback, but the Esks were clearly better.

Collaros played pretty decent, but maybe has a bit of rust on? Ticats offence with Collaros rounding in to form, AND, IF they had both Fantuz & Tasker healthy and playing would be nice - throw in Tolliver & Elliott (where did he come from? ;o) ) and that's a pretty good receiving group; their O-line is pretty decent too, and Gable is decent to good at times at RB.

Ticats D is iffy in the D-backfield IMO, but they are still a good unit mostly with the front 7; Chick is still a monster at DE - IMO maybe the D player of the year this season with play-making all over the board - sacks, knock-downs, forced & recovered fumbles and might lead the league in tackles by a D-lineman (?) = should make all those Rider fan green kool-aid drinkers puke on their ego-Jones force fed idea that Chick was too old & over-paid so they just had to get rid of him - hor$e-Shite - they don't have a D-lineman who could hold Chick's jock-strap - wether Jones or the kool-aid drinkers like it or not.

Esks offence is very good IMO - big 2 receivers, plus White at RB gives then lots of punch; and Benevides seems to have his D playing better down the stretch - still soft in the D-backfield = so CFL typical this season IMO (outside of the Stumps, who if they had a real good safety, would be outstanding there).

Say again - all Alberta GC looking very possible; Esks a long-shot to not be the cross-over, but they might cruise thru the East play-offs to get to the GC ? - Ottawa & Hamilton have to improve AND get healthy to be able to beat the Schmoes IMO

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    CFL refs suck!! Onside kick penalty, never heard that before.
    Long time fan but giving up on the refs!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    CFL refs suck!! Onside kick penalty, never heard that before.
    Long time fan but giving up on the refs!
    What did the refs do wrong? Jeff Reinbold went nuts for some reason and was assessed a well deserved Objectionable Conduct Penalty. The ball clearly went 14 yards and was knocked out of bounds by an Edmonton player.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    What did the refs do wrong? Jeff Reinbold went nuts for some reason and was assessed a well deserved Objectionable Conduct Penalty. The ball clearly went 14 yards and was knocked out of bounds by an Edmonton player.
    The refs incorrectly flag the kitties for illegal kick.
    The league admitted that on their website after the game.

“ON THE SHORT KICKOFF ATTEMPT ON PLAY #144 THERE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A FLAG FOR ILLEGAL KO. THE BALL WAS LEGALLY RECOVERED BY EDMONTON #4. THE BALL WAS PLACED AND SCRIMMAGED FROM THE CORRECT LOCATION ON THE FOLLOWING PLAY.”

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    The refs incorrectly flag the kitties for illegal kick.
    The league admitted that on their website after the game.

“ON THE SHORT KICKOFF ATTEMPT ON PLAY #144 THERE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A FLAG FOR ILLEGAL KO. THE BALL WAS LEGALLY RECOVERED BY EDMONTON #4. THE BALL WAS PLACED AND SCRIMMAGED FROM THE CORRECT LOCATION ON THE FOLLOWING PLAY.”
    Another embarrassing and bizarre call by the officials which is hurting the leagues credibility not only with the fans but the players and coaches who must be wondering what the hell is going on.
    The only positive was seeing Austin and Reinbold blow a gasket on the sideline.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    From what I can tell, Kevin Elliott had no problem getting downfield and open and catching the ball. He's a steal for the Ticats for years to come.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Another embarrassing and bizarre call by the officials which is hurting the leagues credibility not only with the fans but the players and coaches who must be wondering what the hell is going on.
    The only positive was seeing Austin and Reinbold blow a gasket on the sideline.
    Tom Valessi strikes again. Not only did he screw up the on field call, but in talking today to another CFL ref, the big issue was that he didn't contact the eye in the sky official, and made the call too quickly. The actual call was irrelevant, but it was very embarrassing.

As for the game itself, I thought Austin made a terrible decision to onside kick. There was 1:07 left and he had a time out. With the hands team on for Edmonton, a deep kickoff would have resulted in poor field position for the Esks. Cats had the wind to their backs, so a 2 and out would have left them about 35 seconds on the clock and the ball somewhere around mid field (unlikely to get a 45 yard punt into the wind). To me, a 2 and out is more likely than recovering an on side kick and the percentage play definitely would have been to kick it deep.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    From what I can tell, Kevin Elliott had no problem getting downfield and open and catching the ball. He's a steal for the Ticats for years to come.
    From what I can tell, they lost, so it's irrelevant. Simoni Lawrence is a pretty damn good football player. Why don't you take a shot at Edmonton for letting him go?

I don't know what you don't get about this. The players weren't cut because of lack of talent. We all know they can all play. This is similar to the Arland Bruce cutting a few years ago. Bart Andrews was a terrible coach for the Argos, but that was the best move he made was getting rid of that head case. I don't get it sometimes. Last year everyone was complaining about the ball spinning and stupid penalties Elliott was taking. Now that he's gone, the Argos were wrong. This team can do no right in the eyes of some.
    Last edited by AngeloV; 10-29-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    From what I can tell, they lost, so it's irrelevant. Simoni Lawrence is a pretty damn good football player. Why don't you take a shot at Edmonton for letting him go?

I don't know what you don't get about this. The players weren't cut because of lack of talent. We all know they can all play. This is similar to the Arland Bruce cutting a few years ago. Bart Andrews was a terrible coach for the Argos, but that was the best move he made was getting rid of that head case. I don't get it sometimes. Last year everyone was complaining about the ball spinning and stupid penalties Elliott was taking. Now that he's gone, the Argos were wrong. This team can do no right in the eyes of some.
    I agree, Simoni Lawrence is one of the best. Does that somehow justify bonehead moves by the Argos? The coaches and management strategically damaged the team resulting in the total writeoff of the 2016 season. Unforgivabley, they were still around to setback the 2017 and beyond teams with the late season moves for Drew Willy and the disposition of Gurley, Elliott and Hazelton. In that respect, and selfishly, I'd like to see them come back to reap what they sowed. I'd expect with their return, that next season's record would pale compared to 2016. We can't have that without further, serious destruction to the brand could be the end of the Argos.

While I am ranting, is there a reason why the roster photos on the Argos website aren't updated periodically? Elsworth still wears an ALS jersey and plenty of players don't even have photos?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I agree, Simoni Lawrence is one of the best. Does that somehow justify bonehead moves by the Argos? The coaches and management strategically damaged the team resulting in the total writeoff of the 2016 season. Unforgivabley, they were still around to setback the 2017 and beyond teams with the late season moves for Drew Willy and the disposition of Gurley, Elliott and Hazelton. In that respect, and selfishly, I'd like to see them come back to reap what they sowed. I'd expect with their return, that next season's record would pale compared to 2016. We can't have that without further, serious destruction to the brand could be the end of the Argos.

While I am ranting, is there a reason why the roster photos on the Argos website aren't updated periodically? Elsworth still wears an ALS jersey and plenty of players don't even have photos?
    I really don't care what pictures are on the website, as I was commenting on your constant overreacting of a culture change. I agree that the Willy trade wasn't a good one, but it's not the first bad trade made in the history of the league. History proves that a bad move like that can easily be overcome in the CFL, where it's not uncommon to go from last place one year to first the next. They found the "big 3" all in 1 off season. Who's to say they won't find replacements that are as talented with better attitudes next season? Yes, it was a bad season, I get that. Not the first in the history of the team and won't be the last.