Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Excellent analysis by Argofans--thank you. A couple of comments:
    .Kackert should be given the chance to win a spot in training camp for his loyalty and tenacity. If he doesn't make it, so be it.
    .Coombs is a better RB than slotback --fast, shifty and strong.
    .Wylie has impressed with his receiving ability every time he has been given a chance--could be a good one
    .Willy has not impressed. If he wants to have a crack at training camp it should be with a new reduced contract. Perhaps performance based.
    .If Malanovich is not the coach, we will probably see more changes--especially at QB
    Agreed with all points, especially that of Coombs. Although Whitaker should be commended for his effort and a pretty good season, Coombs should have played more at RB. I stated earlier this year that I would have started Coombs there, and that would have given the Argos the opportunity to play Jones and Noel at that spot, where they wouldn't necessarily have to take them out in formations that required TE's, as both are big and strong, and can easily line up there.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'm not really counting on anyone to be back for next season. The young Canadians plus Greenwood & Gabriel should all be back but other than that only Lemon, Shaw, Spencer and possibly Ray and Whittaker deserve to be in camp.
    I did not expect you to be the person seeking a complete bloodletting.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I did not expect you to be the person seeking a complete bloodletting.
    As the season went on, I started losing faith. I used to think we had a good core of Canadians. It's evident we must go younger. Foley, Bourke, Durie, CVZ are getting up there in age and were all rather ineffective. Even Black and Gabriel did disappoint. Although it pains me to say that Durie was underused IMO. Perhaps, he's not what he once was but played hard every time he could. Averaged 10 yards a catch. But I get it, they had to add an extra fullback.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 10-23-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'm not really counting on anyone to be back for next season. The young Canadians plus Greenwood & Gabriel should all be back but other than that only Lemon, Shaw, Spencer and possibly Ray and Whittaker deserve to be in camp.
    So a complete overhaul like Jones and Murphy did in Saskatchewan ?

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Not every HC/GM candidate has the same cojones as Jones to do what needs to be done.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Maybe not, but they are both young and have likely never been asked to block before. They are big bodies, so it's a matter of wanting to learn, or being taught properly.
    Jones blocked some last season in Usports (formerly CIS).
    Not every HC/GM candidate has the same cojones as Jones to do what needs to be done.
    TBH, we need someone with cojones around here. Not trying to knock anyone from the current regime, but we need something big to change for next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not to mention the contract security.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I don't know if that will happen and wasn't really suggesting it either but I sure wouldn't oppose it. I just can't say so and so should be back at this point.

Rider fans were upset when Jones cut Chick, Dressler etc. If that took place today in Argoland, I wouldn't be that upset with our current group. Out of the players we have on the roster, I would not feel like it would be a huge lose if we were to let go of everyone with exception of young Canadian prospects, McEwan, Holmes, Lemon, Greenwood, and maybe Spencer and Shaw. Might be missing someone but I just don't see a good enough core to build around anymore. If I witnessed the Argos moving on from Chad Owens, then I can surely move on from seeing anyone else being let go.

Though, will admit it will be a sad day when Ray is done as an Argo. I think he was unlucky with the injuries and was unfairly criticized over the years minus his allstar years. If management feels that there is someone better than Ray, then so be it. That's reality. But if Willy is that guy, then I'd rather have an aging QB with less zip in his throws.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argos' roster

QB:

Kilgore, Logan
    LeFevour, Dan
    Willy, Drew
    Ray, Ricky
    Fajardo, Cody

In absence of another veteran QB, yes, I keep Ricky Ray. I also keep Cody Fajardo because we do not have a complete perspective on his potential because of the injury he suffered in August. Willy can take a hike, and I'm not 100% ready to give up on Kilgore in spite of how bad he looked this season. LeFevour can also come back for TC.

RB/FB:

Cross, Declan
    Dupuis, Alexandre

Coombs, Anthony
    Malena, Ben
    Whitaker, Brandon

Kackert, Chad

Say what you will, but Whitaker has played his heart out this season and at least deserves a chance to prove he can do it again in 2017. We don't know anything about Malena so we could use a TC for evaluation. I'm sorry, but it is time to move on from Chad Kackert. What is the sense of him just sitting on the PR. Coombs I think will not be retained while the two FB return.

WR/SB:

Jones, Brian
    Noel, Llevi

Posey, DeVier
    Shaw, Kenny
    Wylie, Devon
    Spencer, Diontae

Durie, Andre
    Bradfield, Kevin (still listed on Argo roster but wasn't he released)
    Davis, Andre
    Jacobs, Chuck
    Lewis, Jameon
    Morgan, Joseph
    Williams, Malcolm

I definitely retain the top six names here, but ensure that whoever is GM brings in a vet or two. Durie is at the end I'm sorry and I don't know enough about the other names on the list to properly evaluate.

OL:

Campbell, Joseph
    Holmes, Tyler
    McEwen, Sean
    Sackey, D.J

Smith, Wayne
    Van Roten, Gregory
    Van Zeyl, Chris
    Watman, Corey
    Bourke, Josh
    Circelli, Joe
    Wallace, Davonte
    Washington, Brandon

The top four are no-brainers IMO, although Holmes hasn't been nearly as good as he's been in the past. Van Roten and Watman would be capable back-ups IMO.

I'll do defence later.
    Since someone bumped this thread, I thought I'd see how it all played out.

I had Ray, Fajardo, Kilgore and LeFevour making it to 2017 training camp and I was correct on 50% of those. I said that Drew Willy could take a hike and he ended up making it to camp, but was ultimately cut.

At running back I predicted that Dupuis, Cross, Malena and Whitaker would make it to camp and I was 75% on that. Dupuis left via FA, Malena was released and Whitaker and Cross made the team. I also expected that Coombs would leave via FA which did not occur.

4/6 on the receivers as Shaw and Spencer left for Ottawa and the others made the team. Of the receivers not bolded I think only Williams is still with the team.

I think all the bolded OL are still on the team in addition to Van Zeyl and Washington. Is Circelli still on the team?