Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    In contrast to the current Argo DB's who make no picks and get beat often.
    LOL!
    True enough. Heath was the best of a bad bunch, and he clearly made plays. I think we can find better, but the secondary hasn't been Barker's strong suit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Two comments Rod Black made....1st he stated that Argos will miss the playoff parade for the 2nd year in a row...also he said Rays contract will expire and he will be a FA. I thought he was signed for next year? James Franklin looks good when he faces the Argos, but what can he do against a team that can cover? I see Ray as a coach...in Edmonton. Lot closer to his California home, working for a stable franchise. Posey looks good, hope he comes back. Sad to to see Durie being wasted on the sideline. Milanovich said the F word!

How does a team move on after going 1-11 down the stretch? How is it possible to retain the GM and HC? Get sick when ever I think about that damn Drew Willy trade.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    LOL!
    True enough. Heath was the best of a bad bunch, and he clearly made plays. I think we can find better, but the secondary hasn't been Barker's strong suit.
    Recently watched the 2012 Labour day game on YouTube (I also attended this game), served as a stark reminder how far this team has fallen in talent, execution and chemistry, a far cry from the product presented in 2016.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Yup.
    Then Barker has to go too.

Restructure Willy's contact or cut him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    This game was another reason why Milanovich's coaching judgement needs to be questioned. The game meant nothing and was a perfect opportunity to audition new players, who have been on the roster but infrequently played or are on the practice roster. It's great to have both Shaw and Whitaker get 1000 yards but that doesn't help prepare for next year. Whitaker will be 32 next season and coming to the end of his career and Shaw may take a run at the NFL. Some will argue that it was showing loyalty to Whitaker; if that was the case Kachert should have been dressed since he has been loyal to the team for more years than Whitaker, especially since neither are likely to be around next year.

Ray could have played briefly, so he wrap up his career where he began it and then LeFevour or Willy or Kilgore should have played. Talking about QB's, Fajargo can't still be injured, can he? If anyone has any inside info re his injury, I'd love to hear it.

Even against Argo's non-existent D, Franklin performance was truly exceptional. Can anyone argue that Willy shouldn't be cut so the team can offer his contract to Franklin?

It isn't just the 1-11 record in the last 12 games but the way the team has got worse as the season progressed. Making it a complete debacle is the ridiculous trade for Willy. Their best (perhaps on good D back) and THE 1st round draft choice for a non-mobile, slow delivery, poor decision making QB. It's not as if he is young and will likely to improve--he's 30 next year!

Hopefully, major changes will occur because without them, we can only expect a repeat of this year's disaster.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Is it Stubler or the personnel though?
    I like Rich Stubler as much as the next guy but I honestly believe that his system has run its course. I find it hard to believe that none of the many DBs that Jim Barker brought in this year weren't good enough. The problem is that I don't know where the Argos should look next for a defensive coordinator. Maybe they could pry Thorpe out of Montreal.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    They clearly wanted to let Whitaker get another carry. Did he get to 1,000 yards? I doubt it but hope so.
    He got to 1009 and a classy move by Milanovich to do everything he could to give Whitaker the chance to do so.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    This game was another reason why Milanovich's coaching judgement needs to be questioned. The game meant nothing and was a perfect opportunity to audition new players, who have been on the roster but infrequently played or are on the practice roster. It's great to have both Shaw and Whitaker get 1000 yards but that doesn't help prepare for next year. Whitaker will be 32 next season and coming to the end of his career and Shaw may take a run at the NFL. Some will argue that it was showing loyalty to Whitaker; if that was the case Kachert should have been dressed since he has been loyal to the team for more years than Whitaker, especially since neither are likely to be around next year.

Ray could have played briefly, so he wrap up his career where he began it and then LeFevour or Willy or Kilgore should have played. Talking about QB's, Fajargo can't still be injured, can he? If anyone has any inside info re his injury, I'd love to hear it.

Even against Argo's non-existent D, Franklin performance was truly exceptional. Can anyone argue that Willy shouldn't be cut so the team can offer his contract to Franklin?

It isn't just the 1-11 record in the last 12 games but the way the team has got worse as the season progressed. Making it a complete debacle is the ridiculous trade for Willy. Their best (perhaps on good D back) and THE 1st round draft choice for a non-mobile, slow delivery, poor decision making QB. It's not as if he is young and will likely to improve--he's 30 next year!

Hopefully, major changes will occur because without them, we can only expect a repeat of this year's disaster.
    TBH, when Ray continued to play in the second half I got the feeling that he's already told the team that he'll be retiring, I can't think of another reason why Milanovich would keep him out there.

As for Willy: I still for the life of me can't understand why the trade was made. I've looked at it from every angle, and it still makes no sense.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:

Level
    I respect the view that Milanovich acted in a classy manner by playing Whitaker so he could get his 1000 yards but he is not being paid to be nice or classy. He is being paid to create a winning team. By not auditioning new players after the team was officially out of the playoffs, he is doing a disservice to next year's team. He should be making decisions that are in the best interest for next year's team not this year's.

If you have ever been in the situation of having to terminate someone, you know how difficult that is but sometimes one must act in the best interests of the organization. The best interest of this team would have been playing individuals, who need to be played, to determine who might help next year. I'm sure that Whitaker, who according to all reports, is a very classy individual himself, would have understood that.

I realize this view, sounds hard hearted and cold but difficult decisions are going to have to be made, if this team has any chance of improving.

This is only my view and I fully respect those who think differently.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Brian Jones is a good player and may have a long career in the League. Still think Barker should have taken Lauzen-Seguin instead (he would be our starting RG now) and who knows he still might have got a crack at Jones at #13. Hamilton may well have taken Jones though to back up Andy Fan but Barker still picked up Noel (who I think will turn into a good receiver) and Campbell as another offensive lineman later as well. Everybody knows (well most people) that good Canadian Linemen are gold in the CFL and IMO Lauzen-Seguin was and is a good one. And then when Barker had a chance to make up for losing out on L-Seguin with the first overall pick this year he trades it away for Drew Willy.

Very doubtful IMO that Jones would have been still around at #13; he was a very good pick IMO - a smart offensive coach might be able to get him to be another Ray Elggard or Sinopoli type CFL slot; and there are some very good O-linemen prospects up each draft - too bad Barker pi$$ed away the 1st rounder for next draft. Picking 3 "project" type O-linemen who were hardly proven college ball players - in one draft - was very questionable by Barker. Should be at least a decent O-line prospect in the 2nd round for next draft year, but if not, rather see them go with one of the several good DT prospects to shore up that ultra weak spot. Like to see the FA list for this CFL off-season - there is bound to be a good NI vet O-linemen there, and I wouldn't write off Josh Bourke either - lots of star O-linemen have played well into their late 30s and the guy wasn't the best OT in the CFL by some fluke till this clueless Argo regime signed him - a much smarter offensive coaching system might easily be able to mold McEwen, Bourke, maybe Homes & Van Roten, plus a draft pick and a free agent (import on national) into a very good O-line.

As far as the NFL being interested in Franklin as a QB ??? - can't see it - they have little to zero use anymore for any CFL QB - Mitchell, Collaros and Reilly are all better than a number of NFL stiff starters IMO let alone 2nd and 3rd stringers there, so why have they got zero call ??? The NFL misses LOTS of good players and we're fortunate to see a bunch of them play in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    We need to make a call to Tim Tebow...or JaMarcus Russell...or Casey Printers (lol, sorry Angelo)...

What is Michael Bishop doing nowadays?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post

Sums up my feelings exactly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Listening to Ray being interviewed yesterday I think he has had enough, he is still effective but for a proud guy that has had a Hall of Fame type career that may not be enough.
    The continued physical beating would be the other reason to hang them up.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    If Milanovich, in his own mind, believes he will be let go at seasons end, then it doesn't matter what he does. If Whitaker is so much better than Kackert and Malena, then that gives the team the best chance to win anyways. Also, SM is pretty loyal to his players so it's a nice touch IMO to give your team MOP an opportunity to hit 1000 yards. The accomplishments may also reward Whitaker and Shaw some sort of bonus pay. I have no issues with what he did.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 11-06-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Is EDM's Franklin due to be a free agent next year or not ? Lot of conflicting answers out there. anyone clear on it ?
    Rogers sucks. Bombers Suck. Visit www.ticatfans.com

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Why does SM have to audition players he already knows won't be back?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    If Milanovich, in his own mind, believes he will be let go at seasons end, then it doesn't matter what he does.
    He's acting like a coach that knows 100% he'll be back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    I am tired of the Argo offence over the past few years putting up good passing percentage numbers and yards but never enough points. Enough of this crap offence. Enough of this complex offence. Just have one that puts points on the board. Get me a QB that can run and through. I have never liked QB's that cannot run. If I could have any QB in the league right now it would be Jonathan Jennings. He is already one of the best QB's and will soon be the best QB in the league.

I don't see Willy working out. He showed nothing as an Argo or a Bomber this year. I have no confidence in any of the QB's we have currently. If Willy doesn't want to come back for a lot less money cut him loose and look to other options like Franklin. I am anxiously waiting to see what the team does this off season.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    After yesterday's yet another pathetic show and which has been all too common this year, like John Candy's Billy Sol Hurok character said the entire team from GM, coaching staff and players need to be blown up real good.
    As for the most important position on the team just like in hockey where most experts say you start from the goalie out, the QB position of course is a disaster.
    I would try to sign that Franklin kid we saw yesterday, he is a FA and then invite LeFevour back and Kilgore to compete plus a few more QB
    hopefuls signed in the off season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Is EDM's Franklin due to be a free agent next year or not ? Lot of conflicting answers out there. anyone clear on it ?
    Ed Hervey confirmed on Sunday that Franklin still has one year left on his Edmonton contract so he will not be a free agent until 2018.