https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/e1BDu0

He was part of a pretty good OL in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Anyone who knows my dad, Bob, knows he never gives up, and is one of the kindest, most loving man, and he doesn't ever ask for help; but my dad needs our help now.
My name is Kailey, and my dad Bob, went for surgery on October 27th, 2016. During surgery, his dural sac was nicked causing spinal fluid to leak. His surgery was the replacement of two compressed discs in his neck at levels 5 and 6 of the spine; this is called a two-level replacement. Once the dural sac was nicked, the procedure had to be stopped because it was extremely dangerous to continue on. Due to this, the surgery was incomplete and only one disc (level 6) was replaced.
When my dad woke up after surgery, he had complete numbness on his left side and his right hand was numb too. His left leg is completely numb and he has to use a walker to get around, by dragging his left leg. He also now as a lazy eye, meaning his one eye only opens up half way, and this resulted in the complication during surgery. Due to the surgery being incomplete, when my dad has healed, he will have to go for surgery again, to have the level 5 disc replaced.
His original recovery period was suppose to be a month, now, it is from 4-7 months at least. The money raised will be used to pay for his medical bills, transportation costs, and his basic-living expenses. While we have seen improvements, there is a long road ahead.
My family and I are doing everything we can to help my dad, but there is only so much we can do, and it takes a village to help someone out.
So I am asking for your help, please whatever you can contribute is appreciated and sharing this with whoever you can!
We will post with updates as they come,
Thank you!
-Skemp Family