Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Sounds like a bit of a demotion for Copeland? Is he being made of a scapegoat (maybe on some level deserved) for the off field issues and Grey Cup Fiasco? Perhaps someone he can learn under...who knows but I would be nice to see some changes...
    Ironic considering he was probably the guy who got the rest of the CFL to the present good state that it is in. He did what I would have done, been a little overly optimistic to create demand and a good vibe. Unfortunately they really underestimated the market, but I've read very few accounts of people having a bad fan experience at the games so they did something right.

But they still only have to get 25k AIS (asses in seats) not 6 million of the GTA. Not everyone has to be an Argo fan just 25k, the rest will take care of itself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Ironic considering he was probably the guy who got the rest of the CFL to the present good state that it is in. He did what I would have done, been a little overly optimistic to create demand and a good vibe. Unfortunately they really underestimated the market, but I've read very few accounts of people having a bad fan experience at the games so they did something right.

But they still only have to get 25k AIS (asses in seats) not 6 million of the GTA. Not everyone has to be an Argo fan just 25k, the rest will take care of itself.
    Numbers that Jeffrey Orridge and TSN have been quoting recently appear to indicate that overall interest in the Argos is up, even in the younger demographic. IIRC, Argos' TV ratings were up some 52% this year so there has been growth, despite the lousy on-field performance, which means that Copeland and Moore must be doing something right.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force