Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    My price to renew in Hamilton is $676.

No thanks
    That's with the parking pass included correct ?

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    That's with the parking pass included correct ?
    It does, though I didn't realize it until you mentioned it. I paid for my pass separately this year.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Season Ticket prices are being Frozen, No decrease:

http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u...c&e=e0a4147c95

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Message from Michael Copeland delivered to ST holders. Included many new ideas first mentioned here. Review of total football operations has started, no deadline given.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Got the email as well. Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed the prices aren't being adjusted, but there will be benefits next season that we've seen in the past and with other teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Agreed on the disappointment of no reduction but that was expectations based on the last survey. Looking forward to see the perks especially the merchandise discount and fan day. Hopefully many more to come.

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I did not expect a roll back in prices, honestly. A freeze is not bad, and IIRC, most people were pretty happy with the pricing/selection for season's seats when they were revealed originally. As for the rest of the stuff, I am really glad the ticket exchange is back (was it available this year?), and will wait to see some of the other "perks". I think many of us are so sorely disappointed in this season because expectations were very high coming in (in terms of off the field matters), and relatively high on the field (I know that many people had doubts about the team, but it certainly did not look as bad going in as it did coming out). The killer, of course, was the attendance, which I had hoped (and we had been lead to believe somewhat) was going to be very good, with some expectation of sellouts. That Ottawa game after the home opener was SUCH a downer.

But, I will say that I think with the long-term ownership stability, an unquestionable better venue, and some lowered expectations, things are are not as bad as they seem right now, and are starting to look better for next year. Copeland clearly is listening the the season seat holders, as this email indicates, and maybe there will be other improvements as well, both on the field (have to be) and off. Well, I can only hope...

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Got the email as well. Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed the prices aren't being adjusted, but there will be benefits next season that we've seen in the past and with other teams.
    I am disappointed with the lack of price reduction. Not from my own perspective, but simply because I feel that the casual fan of which the Argos need approximately 10-12 k of aren't willing to pay the current prices.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am disappointed with the lack of price reduction. Not from my own perspective, but simply because I feel that the casual fan of which the Argos need approximately 10-12 k of aren't willing to pay the current prices.
    I'm the same way. I think cheaper prices will help fill up the stadium but I don't necessarily believe prices should've been slashed. Except for maybe the most expensive seats and if they simplified the different price points and condensed the areas, making less options.

If anyone seriously thinks their section is too much, downgrade to the next price point and you'll still have a good seat. I was shocked to hear how much I had to pay to watch the Ticats this season. My exact same seat at BMO was almost double at THF.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    my biggest concern is that a lot of people are going to movee to the side where the benches due to the sun, i sat on the side that the sun faces this year, and it was very hard to enjoy the game in the heat and so hard to see the game when the sun is in your eyes. The other thing is people are just going to buy the cheaper seats and move and sit where ever they want, which i thought happened this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It's two things for me - #1. My seat was way too expensive to sit at the 25 yard line IMO. For a comparison: I'm only paying $26 more to sit between the 45's in Hamilton. And #2. Family section should be cheaper. $300 for season ticket and $35 for singles may be a bit much for a family of 3-5.
    Quote Originally Posted by moeajram View Post
    my biggest concern is that a lot of people are going to movee to the side where the benches due to the sun, i sat on the side that the sun faces this year, and it was very hard to enjoy the game in the heat and so hard to see the game when the sun is in your eyes. The other thing is people are just going to buy the cheaper seats and move and sit where ever they want, which i thought happened this year.
    Yeah, the heat and sun was a bit much this season, I could see a lot of people moving to the West Side - I may be one of 'em.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    It's two things for me - #1. My seat was way too expensive to sit at the 25 yard line IMO. For a comparison: I'm only paying $26 more to sit between the 45's in Hamilton. And #2. Family section should be cheaper. $300 for season ticket and $35 for singles may be a bit much for a family of 3-5.

Yeah, the heat and sun was a bit much this season, I could see a lot of people moving to the West Side - I may be one of 'em.
    Yeah. Hopefully the schedule can help alleviate some of the concerns on the east side.

As long as there are no matinees before Labour Day, the sun shouldn't be as much of a factor.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Shoot, didn't mean to imply that it was just my seats I was concerned about, the overall price points and where you are in the stadium are important.
    For $700 or more, I think you should sit between the 45's. From 45-30 or 25: $500 max IMO, 25 - front of endzone: max $350, etc. Endzone seating in the South may also be a bit high.

Funny thing is, CFL fans want the League to be seen as "big time", and yet complain when ticket prices are high lol.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Shoot, didn't mean to imply that it was just my seats I was concerned about, the overall price points and where you are in the stadium are important.
    For $700 or more, I think you should sit between the 45's. From 45-30 or 25: $500 max IMO, 25 - front of endzone: max $350, etc. Endzone seating in the South may also be a bit high.

Funny thing is, CFL fans want the League to be seen as "big time", and yet complain when ticket prices are high lol.
    I believe my final year at the rogers center i was pay 369 for 20 yard line in the 200 section, last year i was in 105 and the seats were 449 which was near the 20 yard line. They need to have a more of a section in each price point for example maybe if they had 10 price points, they can open up the sections and offer a great section of seats to the customers. We have to remember that Toronto has so many options for the sporting fans unlike the other 8 teams in the league. I remember the Toronto Rock use to have a huge season ticket fan base as soon as they increased the price a lot of people bailed out on them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I believe my final year at the rogers center i was pay 369 for 20 yard line in the 200 section, last year i was in 105 and the seats were 449 which was near the 20 yard line. They need to have a more of a section in each price point for example maybe if they had 10 price points, they can open up the sections and offer a great section of seats to the customers. We have to remember that Toronto has so many options for the sporting fans unlike the other 8 teams in the league. I remember the Toronto Rock use to have a huge season ticket fan base as soon as they increased the price a lot of people bailed out on them.
    I've mentioned this before, but I think there are just too many price points. There should be a max of 5 price points, and then they need to hold back a couple of sections on each side for family seating (partnering up with a grocery chain, 7/11, McDonalds...whatever, but make those sections cheaper as long as they are bought from the company they are partnering with.

As far as your $369 ticket last season at the dome, I paid $369 to sit in sec 231 on the goal line. I now sit in 227 at BMO, 10 yard line for $199. There are deals if you chose to take advantage of them.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree about the prices points - way too many. Less is more IMO, and going with around 8 could work. Ticats also have a lot of price points - I sometimes think that TanenBELL, Copeland, and Moore just looked at the Ticats and decided to try and emulate them (minus the benefits this season lol).

The Rock stopped winning and the allure essentially left, still a great gameday IMO, and they have great ticket price points. I also think the NLL and the Ontario Raiders owner (Fritz) made a mistake when the team sold: should have sold to MLSE instead of the Watters Group - look at Calgary since they were sold to CSEC, the crowds and sponsorship grew significantly. Jamie Dawick has been a fantastic owner though, the Rock are the only team in the NLL with their own practice facility, and he used to pay $30-50k to TSN for each game they aired, but IMO he's taken them as far as he can, and the Rock could unquestionably use MLSE resources, corporate support, potential media attention, and hopefully have more games on TV and radio.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    You forgot to add the word "yet" at the end.

Sadly. Argo prices are not far off prices in other CFL cities. Plus the last thing they want to be seen doing is devaluing the product so quickly. In their letter they state that they doubled the ST's and increased attendance significantly. They already previously stated they significantly increased revenues compared to the past.

So clearly they are attempting to have crowds grow into current pricing than to lower pricing and have to make the same effort to sell the tix.

Anyways. Good letter from the ownership that should cut down on the doom and gloom.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Clearly, they are not reading the market correctly still, I will eat my hat (not literally, as I like my hat ) if they have more STH next year than this year -- this season ticket base will drop significantly next year, I highly doubt that any significant amount of "new STH" are joining the fray after this year, what about the product would entice you to buy seats in 2017 if you didn't have seats in 2016? a few perks that are way less buzzworthy than last off-season's idea of a "new stadium", better atmosphere, chance to get GC tickets, almost all of which did not come to pass in any well publicized way other than that the new stadium was better for football than the last one. The press was all negative about it being empty (why do I need to buy seats in advance again? and the GC thing was screwed up badly and needed fixing almost immediately which pissed many people off), based on the many people I've spoken to (collectively about 100STs), many existing STH are going to be dropping seats that they thought would have some added value based on the move to BMO, and many simply are just not renewing at all as the perceived value is not there for their entertainment dollar --- in Toronto as someone rightly mentioned above, there are just too many options out there to spend one's entertainment money on - if there is no "buzz" about this being an "event", people just won't go in this city....the product unfortunately will not just sell itself, as much as us CFL lovers would like to believe......the fact that they are not marketing the crap out of this to families and such is beyond me --- you should be able to buy a ticket for $10 or less to take a kid under 14 (?) to a game, get young people into your product, before they become older and jaded about the the state of the CFL and whether they perceive it to be a "second rate" league compared to the NFL (whether we like it or not, Toronto has a "major league" mentality), as once that mindset kicks in, it is hard to change. Again, I'm a CFL fan, but I am around College aged kids all the time and we actually had the Grey Cup come to our school recently, and literally there was no buzz whatsoever to even go and take a picture with the trophy this past week -- I literally just walked up and could spend as much time as I wanted with it (which was quite cool frankly!!) and almost no one was even bothering with this important piece of Canadian history right in front of them, it was quite sad actually, the kids were having more fun throwing a football around than actually learning anything about the CFL (no one I spoke to could even name a current Argos player) -- there was literally a table there with a chart explaining the rule differences between the CFL and the NFL....ummm, if our league is so awesome to begin with why are we having to teach people the rules from a 100+ year old league in relation to one that is only 50+ years old....it's because people aren't actively engaged in their product, the kids liked "Football", just not this type of football, it was really sad for someone who is a long time CFL lover to see......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    Clearly, they are not reading the market correctly still, I will eat my hat (not literally, as I like my hat ) if they have more STH next year than this year -- this season ticket base will drop significantly next year, I highly doubt that any significant amount of "new STH" are joining the fray after this year, what about the product would entice you to buy seats in 2017 if you didn't have seats in 2016? a few perks that are way less buzzworthy than last off-season's idea of a "new stadium", better atmosphere, chance to get GC tickets, almost all of which did not come to pass in any well publicized way other than that the new stadium was better for football than the last one. The press was all negative about it being empty (why do I need to buy seats in advance again? and the GC thing was screwed up badly and needed fixing almost immediately which pissed many people off), based on the many people I've spoken to (collectively about 100STs), many existing STH are going to be dropping seats that they thought would have some added value based on the move to BMO, and many simply are just not renewing at all as the perceived value is not there for their entertainment dollar --- in Toronto as someone rightly mentioned above, there are just too many options out there to spend one's entertainment money on - if there is no "buzz" about this being an "event", people just won't go in this city....the product unfortunately will not just sell itself, as much as us CFL lovers would like to believe......the fact that they are not marketing the crap out of this to families and such is beyond me --- you should be able to buy a ticket for $10 or less to take a kid under 14 (?) to a game, get young people into your product, before they become older and jaded about the the state of the CFL and whether they perceive it to be a "second rate" league compared to the NFL (whether we like it or not, Toronto has a "major league" mentality), as once that mindset kicks in, it is hard to change. Again, I'm a CFL fan, but I am around College aged kids all the time and we actually had the Grey Cup come to our school recently, and literally there was no buzz whatsoever to even go and take a picture with the trophy this past week -- I literally just walked up and could spend as much time as I wanted with it (which was quite cool frankly!!) and almost no one was even bothering with this important piece of Canadian history right in front of them, it was quite sad actually, the kids were having more fun throwing a football around than actually learning anything about the CFL (no one I spoke to could even name a current Argos player) -- there was literally a table there with a chart explaining the rule differences between the CFL and the NFL....ummm, if our league is so awesome to begin with why are we having to teach people the rules from a 100+ year old league in relation to one that is only 50+ years old....it's because people aren't actively engaged in their product, the kids liked "Football", just not this type of football, it was really sad for someone who is a long time CFL lover to see......
    Why do you not use paragraphs or line breaks in your very long posts?

Also, for correctness, the NFL became the NFL in 1922. The CFL became the CFL in 1958. The NFL is the league that is almost 100 years old while the CFL is the one that is a bit older than 50 years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Why do you not use paragraphs or line breaks in your very long posts?

Also, for correctness, the NFL became the NFL in 1922. The CFL became the CFL in 1958. The NFL is the league that is almost 100 years old while the CFL is the one that is a bit older than 50 years.
    Splittings hairs??