Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I've been complaining about those receivers making the QB's look bad for over a year.
    You were correct in that evaluation Ron, never thought the "Big 3" struck fear into any D TBH.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Had little effect either way. We didn't win with them (except when Ray started) and we didn't win without them.
    I glad you mentioned "except when Ray started". Winnipeg receivers didn't look very good either except when Nichols started. There's nothing like having a QB like Ricky Ray who throws the ball on time and in the right place. When receivers have to reach back, reach high, dive or wait for the thrown ball they have a tendency to look bad or very ordinary. Teams now a days need the big dominant receivers like Gurley and Elliott IMO. All the good teams in the League pretty well have that. The Argos need to go out and find a couple again. Shaw and Spencer are good change of pace receivers but will get shut down if they are the go to guys IMO.

Boatman
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I glad you mentioned "except when Ray started". Winnipeg receivers didn't look very good either except when Nichols started. There's nothing like having a QB like Ricky Ray who throws the ball on time and in the right place. When receivers have to reach back, reach high, dive or wait for the thrown ball they have a tendency to look bad or very ordinary. Teams now a days need the big dominant receivers like Gurley and Elliott IMO. All the good teams in the League pretty well have that. The Argos need to go out and find a couple again. Shaw and Spencer are good change of pace receivers but will get shut down if they are the go to guys IMO.
    Jones ........

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Should I be expecting a similar Email from the Argonauts?

http://info.ottawaredblacks.com/nl/j...2be9071c48977a

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Last off season, the excuse was that they had to delay in getting things rolling until the purchase of the team was finalized which left them behind in terms of their planning. This off season there can't be any excuses. They have clearly seen the current landscape and they must identify and take into account the challenges in putting a comprehensive plan together. Copeland must show improvement in all aspects of the organization this coming year or they need to get someone else in. It actually astonishes me that he read the conditions they were facing so poorly given his time in the league office.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Milanovich stated in his post game conference after that brutal, brutal loss to Montreal that some players did not want to be here. The next day those 4 players were cut. I think that says it all.

As others have stated, don't think that you are not wanted here on the forum. Look at Grey Dragon and I...we disagree on the Crossover format, but hey, it's just a matter of debate.
    They drank on the train home and harassed management in their cabin. fact. ask any player you know. 3 have confirmed it but JB and SM are too classy to bury a player publicly

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoTD View Post
    Last off season, the excuse was that they had to delay in getting things rolling until the purchase of the team was finalized which left them behind in terms of their planning. This off season there can't be any excuses. They have clearly seen the current landscape and they must identify and take into account the challenges in putting a comprehensive plan together. Copeland must show improvement in all aspects of the organization this coming year or they need to get someone else in. It actually astonishes me that he read the conditions they were facing so poorly given his time in the league office.
    I find it odd that we still haven't received any renewal information. Copeland brought up that we'll only receive it after the Grey Cup - what's the hold up ?
    Last edited by R.J; 11-25-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I find it odd that we still have received any renewal information. Copeland brought up that will only receive it after the Grey Cup - what's the hold up ?
    Just another thing that shows they had way too much on their plate in the first years.

So I guess this season was year zero? Need to work on a tag line

Year One: An Argos Story

Or

The Farce Awakens.

I'm sure someone can do better...lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Just another thing that shows they had way too much on their plate in the first years.

So I guess this season was year zero? Need to work on a tag line

Year One: An Argos Story

Or

The Farce Awakens.

I'm sure someone can do better...lol
    Give yourself credit - "The Farce Awakens" would be a very good tag line for the Argonauts going into next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I find it odd that we still haven't received any renewal information. Copeland brought up that we'll only receive it after the Grey Cup - what's the hold up ?
    I would bet that there are two possible reasons: 1. They have been too busy trying to shore up all the leaks in the Grey Cup dike to focus on anything else. And/or 2. The current exec may not be in position to roll out next year's plans because may not be the ones rolling out those plans. Cope and Tanenbaum may have triaged a need to deal with the immediate emergency (the Grey Cup) and leave the longer-term emergency for discussions and/or action next week and beyond.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    A couple of days ago I called the Argos regarding renewals, was told nothing was finalized and they would start the process "a week or two" after the Grey Cup.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:

Level
    Copeland needs to take a serious look at the pain and angry that he has created between the org and the season ticket holder. The season ticket hold continue to invest in this team and always come out on the short end. This has been happening since C&S sold the team and continues with the ownership group. After this whole mess with the grey cup, if another grey cup comes to town, how do fans and season ticket holder trust them that they are going to get the best value on grey cup. We need to build this fan base and we have to ensure that the ticket prices are correct which means lowering the number of price tiers that they have and allowing season tickets holder to get the best value on their tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moeajram View Post
    Copeland needs to take a serious look at the pain and angry that he has created between the org and the season ticket holder. The season ticket hold continue to invest in this team and always come out on the short end. This has been happening since C&S sold the team and continues with the ownership group. After this whole mess with the grey cup, if another grey cup comes to town, how do fans and season ticket holder trust them that they are going to get the best value on grey cup. We need to build this fan base and we have to ensure that the ticket prices are correct which means lowering the number of price tiers that they have and allowing season tickets holder to get the best value on their tickets.
    I wouldn't expect the Grey Cup to return to Toronto for quite some time.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I wouldn't expect the Grey Cup to return to Toronto for quite some time.
    Oh i thought that the new ownership group were promised so many grey cups in the first 10 years.

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Oh i thought that the new ownership group were promised so many grey cups in the first 10 years.
    That is the rumor. Toronto got shut out for the Grey Cup for 15 years after 1992. I don't expect that to happen this time, but it should be 5 at least, and maybe not till 2023 which is the 150th anniversary of the team.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    They drank on the train home and harassed management in their cabin. fact. ask any player you know. 3 have confirmed it but JB and SM are too classy to bury a player publicly
    Can't really blame them. Milanovich's offense would drive anybody to drink out of frustration.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    An easy one would have been to have 2017 season tickets available for sale during the Grey Cup. My brother and some of his friends attended and want to buy season tickets for next season and where surprised to find out that they're not on sale yet.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    An easy one would have been to have 2017 season tickets available for sale during the Grey Cup. My brother and some of his friends attended and want to buy season tickets for next season and where surprised to find out that they're not on sale yet.
    I think they have to take their time to review the prices of the seating including season ticket holder prices. They to get it right this year to avoid the mess that was created this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think they have to take their time to review the prices of the seating including season ticket holder prices. They to get it right this year to avoid the mess that was created this year.
    Too late for that. They already announced 2016 prices were frozen for 2017.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Yet they still have the link to the site selling tickets to the Grey Cup... two days after it was played. How do they expect to get the big things right, when they don't even take care of small things like this?