Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Regarding the flex tickets--we have used all 8 tickets . Family, including some staunch NFL fans have used them and commented favourably on the game. Some were used by teenagers who reacted very favourably to the experience. In fact, subsequently they asked to attend again, resulting in my purchasing tickets---so as an incentive, it worked, at least in my case. Hopefully, these teenagers will become strong CFL fans and eventually buy their own tickets later in life. But I realize that is only my subjective experience and may not be representative of the majority of STH's--but it worked in this case.
    By removing the flex tickets from my package, rightly or wrongly, I perceive this as a reduction on the benefits I get as a STH. To reduce the benefits at a time the organization is striving to increase attendance, is IMO is a bad move and leaves me with the perception, that for the same cost as last year, I am receiving less----and the organization should remember that to the client, perception is reality.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    But you shouldn't be looking at it like that. Getting 15 tickets for the price of 10-11 tickets isn't the norm. It was an added bonus. If anyone really thinks they're ought to get 15 tickets, then that's just being a bit too greedy (for a lack of a better word) since no other team offers that.
    Agreed that no other team offers it, but there are lots of other things that teams offer their season ticket holders that Argos do not. I think at the end of the day that is the issue, losing a benefit without something being added to replace it; especially with ticket prices remaining the same. Re: ticket pricing, it is simple business know-how; if the demand allows, you can have high ticket prices but when the demand isn't there then ticket prices have to come down, plain and simple.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Agreed that no other team offers it, but there are lots of other things that teams offer their season ticket holders that Argos do not.
    Any examples ?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Any examples ?
    I am going to compile a team by team comparison and post the results some time next week. A couple of examples off the top of my head that I have heard of are partner discounts at various restaurants and/or local community businesses, concession stand discounts, and discount/priority access to other venue (non-cfl) events.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I am going to compile a team by team comparison and post the results some time next week. A couple of examples off the top of my head that I have heard of are partner discounts at various restaurants and/or local community businesses, concession stand discounts, and discount/priority access to other venue (non-cfl) events.
    Thanks for making this effort. Hopefully, it will give the team some new ideas if they haven't already.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I've got Ticat season tickets and I get a card that gives me 15% off food and non-alcoholic beverages and 10% off merchandise at the Tiger-Cats Shop at Tim Hortons Field.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Montreal has some perks involving 15% discounts on concessions and merch (Bluebombers is a 15% discount on merch as well) as well as a season ticket loyalty program that increases with various perks after 5 years ($250 worth of extra tickets), 10 years, and 15 years as well as offering early bird pricing discounts depending on when you renew.

http://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net...ips2017_EN.pdf

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Anyone know if the payment plan is still available this year (i.e. spreading the cost over 3 monthly payments)?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    But you shouldn't be looking at it like that. Getting 15 tickets for the price of 10-11 tickets isn't the norm. It was an added bonus. If anyone really thinks they're ought to get 15 tickets, then that's just being a bit too greedy (for a lack of a better word) since no other team offers that.
    What do you mean?? I didn't ask for this..... they offered it. As you yourself say, it was an added bonus - for having bought seasons tickets!! It is one bonus which I particularly appreciated and took full advantage of. You and others might not agree with me and that's your right, but I still don't like the fact I am no longer getting it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Regarding the flex tickets--we have used all 8 tickets . Family, including some staunch NFL fans have used them and commented favourably on the game. Some were used by teenagers who reacted very favourably to the experience. In fact, subsequently they asked to attend again, resulting in my purchasing tickets---so as an incentive, it worked, at least in my case. Hopefully, these teenagers will become strong CFL fans and eventually buy their own tickets later in life. But I realize that is only my subjective experience and may not be representative of the majority of STH's--but it worked in this case.
    By removing the flex tickets from my package, rightly or wrongly, I perceive this as a reduction on the benefits I get as a STH. To reduce the benefits at a time the organization is striving to increase attendance, is IMO is a bad move and leaves me with the perception, that for the same cost as last year, I am receiving less----and the organization should remember that to the client, perception is reality.
    Thank you Shatto. My experience was like yours with those tickets, which is why it is a bigger issue for me than for others and why I feel the same way as you do. I will accept that others don't agree.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I don't understand how they can "know" how many flex tickets were distributed to third parties. All of mine are being given to people who don't ordinarily go, but the team has no way of knowing that because the tickets were emailed directly to me.
    Easy to track on the secondary market (Stubhub, etc). All computer tracking, the Argos know what seats are redeemed as flex and when they are scanned to enter. Those exact seats will appear on almost all secondary market sites when for sale. Most don't reveal the actual seat number until purchase, but if the Argos know that half those rows seats are sold and the other half are on Stubhub, well easy math.

Even easier to track, I have seen group sale tickets on StubHub. The Argos know exactly who they sold or gave away tickets to in the East Grandstand. Seeing them appear on the secondary market must piss them off a little.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 10-04-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Easy to track on the secondary market (Stubhub, etc). All computer tracking, the Argos know what seats are redeemed as flex and when they are scanned to enter. Those exact seats will appear on almost all secondary market sites when for sale. Most don't reveal the actual seat number until purchase, but if the Argos know that half those rows seats are sold and the other half are on Stubhub, well easy math.

Even easier to track, I have seen group sale tickets on StubHub. The Argos know exactly who they sold or gave away tickets too in the East Grandstand. Seeing them appear on the secondary market must piss them off a little.
    But they said that only x per cent were distributed to third parties, which I interpreted as disappointment that STHs used the tickets themselves rather than give them to potential future customers. There is no way they can possibly know this. In my case I am giving my flex tickets to individuals who might become buyers in the future, but the tickets were all assigned and emailed to me. How can the Argos possibly know to whom I distributed them? Sure, if the seats appear on resale sites they would know, but if not, they have no info about the recipients.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    My question is how do the scalpers get all those tickets and sell them way below face value?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moeajram View Post
    My question is how do the scalpers get all those tickets and sell them way below face value?
    I've often wondered that myself TBH.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Clearly the team isn't changing this plan, so it's now incumbent on each of us to decide whether to renew at same price as last year. I haven't conferred with my STH partner yet but expect we will do so because we love the team and love our seats. I hope the vast majority of this year's STHs renew, and that new sales grow and we continue the slow build to regular attendance of 22-24,000 a few years from now. I also hope the team at some point in the future provides something special for the subscribers who renewed after all the crap we endured in 2015 and 2016.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Clearly the team isn't changing this plan, so it's now incumbent on each of us to decide whether to renew at same price as last year. I haven't conferred with my STH partner yet but expect we will do so because we love the team and love our seats. I hope the vast majority of this year's STHs renew, and that new sales grow and we continue the slow build to regular attendance of 22-24,000 a few years from now. I also hope the team at some point in the future provides something special for the subscribers who renewed after all the crap we endured in 2015 and 2016.
    We are definitely renewing however we have been scouting different vantage points and may drop down a price point or two.
    The Argonauts need our support but it would be nice if they helped themselves with sound decisions once in a while.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    I've got Ticat season tickets and I get a card that gives me 15% off food and non-alcoholic beverages and 10% off merchandise at the Tiger-Cats Shop at Tim Hortons Field.
    Ticat season ticket holders can re-sell their tickets through Ticketmaster.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The Argonauts need our support but it would be nice if they helped themselves with sound decisions once in a while.
    Well hiring Popp and Trestman was a pretty sound decision. Opening up real tailgating was pretty smart. They've done lots of good things and they've made some mistakes, but you made the key point: they need our support.

People say Argonauts management is taking STH for granted, but I see a lot of people whining and moaning about nickels and dimes and benefits who seem to be taking the Argonauts for granted. It's a two-way street. This franchise is at a crucial moment in its history and it needs all the support it can get. I'm happy to give them whatever they need because I love this team, it is a part of me. They pay me back in spades when they win like they did in Hamilton. It's win-win. But I guess that's just me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well hiring Popp and Trestman was a pretty sound decision. Opening up real tailgating was pretty smart. They've done lots of good things and they've made some mistakes, but you made the key point: they need our support.

People say Argonauts management is taking STH for granted, but I see a lot of people whining and moaning about nickels and dimes and benefits who seem to be taking the Argonauts for granted. It's a two-way street. This franchise is at a crucial moment in its history and it needs all the support it can get. I'm happy to give them whatever they need because I love this team, it is a part of me. They pay me back in spades when they win like they did in Hamilton. It's win-win. But I guess that's just me.
    I'm all in with you Rich. I still think it is good value and have an amazing time. Nothing is perfect but this year is better than the prior year and I hope the trend continues.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

New Fan
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    As always I appreciate the feedback that is given on this forum. I am very hopeful that all of you have seen a difference in how you are being treated, what it means to be a season ticket holder and the experience at the stadium from previous years. If anyone feels the club is taking them for granted please do not hesitate to contact me directly I want to hear from you. I want to ensure you know that we appreciate everyone who purchases a ticket, especially our most loyal fans.

I can assure you we are going to continue to get better and 2018 is going to be better then this season as we build toward growing our fan base. We have made progress so far in 2017 but we must continue to work hard to get better and find ways to show more value and improve even more.

Thank you as always for the support

Michael Hook