Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I don't know what is more stunning: the lack of a price cut, the continuation of too many price points or the lack of discounted pricing for the east side. I'm stunned, frankly. Just a few hours into this, clearly the org has some very unhappy campers among its most loyal customers. This has PR disaster written all over it, I'm afraid.
    It's the Grey Cup pricing fiasco all over again. This is Not what was discussed during the Open Mic night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The word "credibility" comes first to mind. Certainly "deafness" to the loyal ST fanbase. What was the purpose of all the face-to-face sessions? Certainly, here's another PR disaster. Drop a bomb on ST holders during the run to the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another about face done by management if the loyal fan base waited until the season to renew their tickets.

Are they really asking the loyal ST base of 3,500 to recommit to the highest prices for all 10 games, while currently selling game day tickets for $15ish. That defies all the laws of economics. Did anyone in management attend business school? Unfortunately for them, many of their fans did.

Suddenly being unhappy with management team doesn't make me feel like an outlier.

I'm calling my rep right now and telling him under those conditions, I won't be renewing my ST. The most respect a customer can provide your business is the honesty when they're unhappy. Most unhappy customers just stop taking your calls.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Would be interesting to know what the rep says. I know they can only tout the party line and were likely not in on those open mic sessions.

As I've said many times now, would really would like to know the decision making process here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I don't know what is more stunning: the lack of a price cut, the continuation of too many price points or the lack of discounted pricing for the east side. I'm stunned, frankly. Just a few hours into this, clearly the org has some very unhappy campers among its most loyal customers. This has PR disaster written all over it, I'm afraid.
    Neely reposted this on the other thread.
    http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...l=1#post116930
    There will be a new ticket price map in 2018, with fewer price points, less confusion and fewer instances where big price gaps are essentially side by side. Michael Hook, the new ticket mgr, seems committed to simplifying pricing.

Hypothetically, the team would rather have 25,000 fans at an average price of $50 than 16,000 fans at an average price of $90 -- the more fans in there, the better atmosphere and the more new fans can be won over.
    The team should probably stop saying things that they won't deliver on.

I will be renewing, but will hold off for a bit, as I'd like to more to a more affordable location, looking at front row section 219.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Would be interesting to know what the rep says. I know they can only tout the party line and were likely not in on those open mic sessions.

As I've said many times now, would really would like to know the decision making process here.
    My reps a great guy! He took the feedback as constructive and promised to pass it along to management. I explained that ST should have privileges. Running it concurrently with game day ticket price slashing was poor timing too.

We'll be there next year, but won't be ponying up all our money for ST 9 months before the season for obvious reasons.

He understood where we were coming from. I told him I wasn't alone and directed him to Argofans.com for additional feedback.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    My reps a great guy! He took the feedback as constructive and promised to pass it along to management. I explained that ST should have privileges. Running it concurrently with game day ticket price slashing was poor timing too.

We'll be there next year, but won't be ponying up all our money for ST 9 months before the season for obvious reasons.

He understood where we were coming from. I told him I wasn't alone and directed him to Argofans.com for additional feedback.
    Appreciate the feedback and I feel for the reps getting the feedback for questionable decisions made by those above them.

I was speaking to one while using my last (literally) flex ticket for the home finale and brought up....in a nice way...about having that benefit removed....explanation per below.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************

I know not have the additional seats feels like a big bonus being taken away. It is unfortunate, however offering these seats this season was part of our ‘big plan’ in terms of having a referral program for season seat holders this year. Our hopes are to get more people out to the game that value what is on the field (not just because it’s a free ticket from a friend, but that maybe they attended the game this year with you and enjoyed themselves enough that they want to invest!). I hope you understand, and will be able to benefit from the referral program we’re offering!

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

If they followed trough with the seat map change and lower east side the this is a good trade off as I see the point of not giving out free tickets and the referral program is new....I may need to bribe the one I was trying to recruit and split the credit....hoping lower prices would be enough....

Let's see how the team responds after this hailstorm.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm now more convinced that they've got something big up their sleeve for 2018 that they can't reveal yet. Such as a big-name acquisition and signing. Maybe it's something else. But there's got to be something more they're not telling us yet. They're not idiots, contrary to popular opinion. Everyone should hold fire until we see what happens in the off-season.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm not too disappointed that they removed the free flex tickets per seat. Was a nice surprise to have it but not something that will persuade me to either renew or not. I don't have a problem paying what I'm paying, since its the lowest price point but I really do think their pricing system needs to be lowered and simplified.

I still see don't see the 10% off online merchandise as a benefit, as I still have to pay shipping. At least, include free shipping if they can't offer the discount at the stadium.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm now more convinced that they've got something big up their sleeve for 2018 that they can't reveal yet. Such as a big-name acquisition and signing. Maybe it's something else. But there's got to be something more they're not telling us yet. They're not idiots, contrary to popular opinion. Everyone should hold fire until we see what happens in the off-season.
    I just don't see how this would be related to pricing. I really doubt a big name signing will justify twhat they are charging, and create more demand.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    As some have already pointed out, this has the potential to be a PR disaster in the making. No matter how it is rationalized, when benefits such as the flex tickets, are taken away, one draws the conclusion that we are getting less for the same price. If it had been stated from the get-go, that the flex ticket promotion was a one year benefit only, then perhaps we would not have been so disappointed. However, all indications from management, implied there would be no changes in way of price increases--but reducing the number of tickets (flex tickets) and charging the same price, is in effect a price increase!
    No matter how tempting it is, I would never refer to someone as an idiot but this is another example of an idiotic move on the part of management. Did the team do any market research, ahead of making the decisions or is it another case like the ridiculous Grey Cup pricing? Sorry but it appears management (read Copeland) has blown it again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Handing out comped/free tickets is unfair, unless of course they're handed out to non corporate season tickets holders ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    As some have already pointed out, this has the potential to be a PR disaster in the making. No matter how it is rationalized, when benefits such as the flex tickets, are taken away, one draws the conclusion that we are getting less for the same price. If it had been stated from the get-go, that the flex ticket promotion was a one year benefit only, then perhaps we would not have been so disappointed. However, all indications from management, implied there would be no changes in way of price increases--but reducing the number of tickets (flex tickets) and charging the same price, is in effect a price increase!
    No matter how tempting it is, I would never refer to someone as an idiot but this is another example of an idiotic move on the part of management. Did the team do any market research, ahead of making the decisions or is it another case like the ridiculous Grey Cup pricing? Sorry but it appears management (read Copeland) has blown it again.
    I sent an email directly to Michael Hook at the Argos office voicing my displeasure, especially related to the Flex tickets, because I have posted already those were of great value to me. To give him full credit, he responded within 20 minutes. He thanked me for expressing my concerns and indicated he valued the feedback. With respect to the Flex tickets, his explanation for why they were discontinued is that only 48% of the tickets were ever utilized, and of those 20% were donated to 3rd parties. So from an organizational standpoint, I can at least understand why that promotion is being withdrawn, because it did not hit the expected target. However, I did tell him that while the STH base may not be large, we are a passionate bunch, who listen, care AND pay attention. I drew him back to commitments and promises which had been made at Town Hall and other venues which we expect to hold management accountable for. I told him that he should view the comments on the this site, because many are not positive, and get out front of some of these issues. If there are explanations for why they have - or haven't - done something, they should let the committed fans know. Hopefully we hear something. But he was willing to speak to me about my personal situation and seemed sincere in making things right for me. I will give full credit for that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I really wish this wasn't the case. Not for me personally, because nothing changes for me, but for those that feel the tickets are out of their price range.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    I sent an email directly to Michael Hook at the Argos office voicing my displeasure, especially related to the Flex tickets, because I have posted already those were of great value to me. To give him full credit, he responded within 20 minutes. He thanked me for expressing my concerns and indicated he valued the feedback. With respect to the Flex tickets, his explanation for why they were discontinued is that only 48% of the tickets were ever utilized, and of those 20% were donated to 3rd parties. So from an organizational standpoint, I can at least understand why that promotion is being withdrawn, because it did not hit the expected target. However, I did tell him that while the STH base may not be large, we are a passionate bunch, who listen, care AND pay attention. I drew him back to commitments and promises which had been made at Town Hall and other venues which we expect to hold management accountable for. I told him that he should view the comments on the this site, because many are not positive, and get out front of some of these issues. If there are explanations for why they have - or haven't - done something, they should let the committed fans know. Hopefully we hear something. But he was willing to speak to me about my personal situation and seemed sincere in making things right for me. I will give full credit for that.
    Michael has always been responsive to me and frankly is the only reason I am giving this organization a chance - but even this goodwill is starting to dwindle --- taking away 8 free tickets is simply causing a STH to pay more and get less -- all the fancy math aside, I know that paying x for 22 tickets (11 x pair of seats) is not the same as paying x for 30 tickets --- how we chose to use the tickets is up to the customer - it is something we weighed as part of our decision to renew, or at least it was for me and will be going forward, if it returns or not. The merch discount is ridiculous as it is cheaper to buy in stadium than online so that discount is effectively useless for anyone that actually attends games and buys merch at the stadium - you know, the place where you want your customers to be?!

No loyalty discount --- ummmm do we have too many STH that keeping them isn't really important -- last year we lost 50% of them and we gave a loyalty discount to keep the dwindling few --- now that we are even more desperate -- no discount?! ok, thanks for making me valued for staying ---- less perks, same prices, no loyalty discount --- interesting strategy to get people on board.....do they really think a fluky GC win like in 2012 (at 9-9) will boost sales, it won't, 2013 proved that, ST sales went down that year......the only reason I saw any new people in the stadium this year was in the discounted 50 yard line $10-$15 seats on the east side - not exactly encouraging me to buy ST when I can sit better for cheaper for most games (I think 5/9 games had those prices that were easily attainable) ---- why anyone would spend beyond $199-$299 for a ST is beyond me -- from an economic standpoint you can get similar seats for way less than the $1000++ (per pair) they are charging --- the intangible benefits of having the same seats and knowing your neighbors will dwindle when your neighbors have left and the expensive sections are empty to be moved into....

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    taking away 8 free tickets is simply causing a STH to pay more and get less
    But this was a one time thing. It's not like we got this offer for the last 10 years and all of sudden, its gone. If you think about it, 8 seats (for free) is practically an entire season ticket package. I really don't think this should an expectation every year and the cause of our disappointment. What other team gives away so many tickets? I get the Argos are lacking in support but this is just a very generous give away that shouldn't be expected or demanded.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It seems we should "hold off" each season as there is a master plan in effect which in fact never comes.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    My son and I will be at all the home games next year when we are in town. We always miss a few games and give away our tickets for games when we are on vacation. It's now clear that, at least for us, buying game tickets will make sense.

Still, I'd love a compelling reason to commit to STs. Alumni events, free tailgates, player events. Maybe after the game have ST holders on the field with the players.

Offer stuff that would compel you to stretch. I just don't see the difference between being a loyal ST holder and being a casual/new fan except the casual/new fans have better offers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    But this was a one time thing. It's not like we got this offer for the last 10 years and all of sudden, its gone. If you think about it, 8 seats (for free) is practically an entire season ticket package. I really don't think this should an expectation every year and the cause of our disappointment. What other team gives away so many tickets? I get the Argos are lacking in support but this is just a very generous give away that shouldn't be expected or demanded.
    People like free things, so long as it goes to them and not others I suppose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    People like free things, so long as it goes to them and not others I suppose.
    I am pretty sure that offer was "subject to availability" and goodness knows that there wasn't any shortage of availability. Curious to understand why the offer was revoked. It cost the team nothing, but certainly got parking, concession revenues. Introduced the product to new customers.