Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I think the lower East Side seats could become a real problem to fill on afternoon games in the Summer. They will only fool people once. I remember walking around the first pre-season game before and at half time to different locations to check things out. It would have been unbearable for me to sit there on hot humid days. Later in the fall it would be enjoyable on a sunny cool day. So I agree evening games only until mid September. I would think that would be easy for Management to clue in on that issue.
    Right, but did you ever sit on the lower east side in RC? Wasn't it kind of the same thing?

Tim Hortons Field has the same orientation and it's also unbearably hot on its east side for afternoon games in summer and early fall. Yet they have sold out for two-plus years.

Interestingly, on this forum most of those who posted about their responses to the team's survey on game days/times supported Saturdays at 4 o'clock -- certainly prime time for heat in the east stands. It's only a small sample but do all of us who voted for that sit on the west side?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Right, but did you ever sit on the lower east side in RC? Wasn't it kind of the same thing?

Tim Hortons Field has the same orientation and it's also unbearably hot on its east side for afternoon games in summer and early fall. Yet they have sold out for two-plus years.

Interestingly, on this forum most of those who posted about their responses to the team's survey on game days/times supported Saturdays at 4 o'clock -- certainly prime time for heat in the east stands. It's only a small sample but do all of us who voted for that sit on the west side?
    i would be in this camp:

sat 7pm for summer
    sat 4pm for after labour day

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It would create a lot of resentment among existing fans who say they can't get downtown that early on a workday...
    And I doubt TSN and their advertisers would like the idea of a 'school day' game. I assume most minor league hockey and baseball teams don't have their games televised, and having one or two of their 40 (or 81 or whatever it is) home games a year on a weekday morning/afternoon isn't much of a problem for them.
    Not that it's going to happen, but making the visiting B.C. Lions play at what would feel like 8 a.m. to them is an amusing thought.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.C. View Post
    And I doubt TSN and their advertisers would like the idea of a 'school day' game. I assume most minor league hockey and baseball teams don't have their games televised, and having one or two of their 40 (or 81 or whatever it is) home games a year on a weekday morning/afternoon isn't much of a problem for them.
    Not that it's going to happen, but making the visiting B.C. Lions play at what would feel like 8 a.m. to them is an amusing thought.
    I would be OK if they make the pre season game mid-week during the day. Those are not always televised plus it's in early June so it's good to get the school kids out.

Give STHs an option to donate them and get a credit for the unused game.

Banned
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Howbout implementing a rule were the coach cant release our best receivers?

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argoscott View Post
    Last I saw, both Shaw and Spencer are still with the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Shaw was a 1,000 yard d receiver this year. None of the guys you have a man crush on have come close, and all failed to make an impact elsewhere.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I think what scott meant was for the coach not being able to release players that don't want to be an Argonaut.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    ????
    Who suggested having a "school day" game in the CFL?
    My suggestion was bussing school kids to BMO Field for a Thursday or Friday night game that starts at 7:00 pm.
    Paul pointed out that some fans may find a 7:00 pm start too early to get to the stadium.
    There is no suggestion of an earlier start time.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    ...My suggestion was bussing school kids to BMO Field for a Thursday or Friday night game that starts at 7:00 pm...
    They're not 'school kids' anymore by 7:00 pm. They're at home and probably not going anywhere unless it's with their parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I would be OK if they make the pre season game mid-week during the day. Those are not always televised plus it's in early June so it's good to get the school kids out.

Give STHs an option to donate them and get a credit for the unused game.
    Now that sounds like an idea they might actually consider if they could fill the stadium with a big crowd of kids, although I suppose some here would be p.o.'d at not being able to attend the pre-season game, and it might be a little warm on the field at high noon during that time of year.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    They're not 'school kids' anymore by 7:00 pm. They're at home and probably not going anywhere unless it's with their parents.Now that sounds like an idea they might actually consider if they could fill the stadium with a big crowd of kids, although I suppose some here would be p.o.'d at not being able to attend the pre-season game, and it might be a little warm on the field at high noon during that time of year.
    This has been done before. Question is, how many of those kids returned?

Having schoolkids at 7pm game is doable, as long as its organized. A youth football team will actually organize it and will be more committed to attending then just giving them to a group of random kids with no information on the game, transportation etc. presented them

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    This has been done before. Question is, how many of those kids returned?

Having schoolkids at 7pm game is doable, as long as its organized. A youth football team will actually organize it and will be more committed to attending then just giving them to a group of random kids with no information on the game, transportation etc. presented them
    No, simply giving tickets to school kids is not how to do it.
    It should be organized as a "field trip" for lack of a better term.
    A class at a school gets bussed down to the stadium together. The school could organize the bus, the Argonauts could provide a ticket to the game and a voucher for a food item and a drink for each student. Teachers and parent volunteers supervise the kids while on the trip.

The idea here is to get kids who might not otherwise be interested in CFL football to become interested in CFL football.
    We always talk about getting the "casual" fan to come out to the games. Casual fans can come in all ages. Having youth football teams attend as guests is not getting casual fans out to the games. These young people are already interested in football. They don't need to be exposed to it.

Again, I refer to my own experience in my youth where I didn't play football until high school, but became interested in football earlier on because I was exposed to it by my parents.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Does anyone else think that season ticket numbers are going down next season?

No Grey Cup

Team was terrible in 2016

Traded away the first overall pick for an average QB

BMO Field novelty has worn off

People know that there will be lots of tickets available for every game

In season ticket pricing promotions

Alienated some of the existing season ticket holders

Some season ticket holders increased their number of season tickets from the Rogers Centre and will now decrease the number back down
    Neely, all valid points IMO.
    I know several people who won't be renewing (due to many factors you listed), my concern is absolutely no momentum was created last season and in fact the reverse happened.
    Whether or not the Grey Cup was in T.O. this season didn't factor into my season ticket purchase.
    Hopefully as Angelo pointed out Argo ownership has a plan with corporate partners etc to get people to the games.
    The main issue this season was the bad on field product, what casual fan watching on TV would be inspired to purchase any ticket package heading into 2017 (not many I would suspect).
    I have pretty much decided I will renew for 2017 but may dumb down my costs a little.
    Similar onfield performance in 2017 could spell long term trouble.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Shaw was a 1,000 yard d receiver this year. None of the guys you have a man crush on have come close, and all failed to make an impact elsewhere.
    All 4 receivers were picked up already...btw your mamma wears army boots, having said that, I never said Shaw and Spencer were no good, and FYI you are in the minority of Argo fans (not here perhaps) but Argo fans in general, I do not know of one that agrees with releasing the big 3, or even one that agreed with bringing in Willy

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    So you agree with the coach also that releasing the receivers was the way to go, I see

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I think what scott meant was for the coach not being able to release players that don't want to be an Argonaut.
    So you think our 4 receivers that were released did not want to be Argos?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level

Cool

I stated a fact that the coach`s decision to release the 4 receivers was a bad one, it is the majority opinion of Argo fans in general, but obviously not here, I am sensing hostility, I guess I am slow on the take, I get it, dont let the door hit me on the way out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    All 4 receivers were picked up already...btw your mamma wears army boots, having said that, I never said Shaw and Spencer were no good, and FYI you are in the minority of Argo fans (not here perhaps) but Argo fans in general, I do not know of one that agrees with releasing the big 3, or even one that agreed with bringing in Willy

They were picked up, but none contributed. Elliott, was hardly even targeted last week but the Cats. Gurley wasn't even in the line up for Winnipeg. Hazelton never dressed for Edmonton and I don't think anyone even raised an eyebrow over Bates being released. These guys are all free agents in February, and none of them did anything to make the Argos look like it was a bad move to release them.

As for you knowing what "Argos fans in general" feel, I really doubt that have a clue about it, same as me, and anyone else. Nobody knows as many Argos fans as it would take to know what the majority feel. It is quite possible that your friends that are Argos fans feel this way, but again, that doesn't mean the majority feel the same way.

I stated a fact that the coach`s decision to release the 4 receivers was a bad one, it is the majority opinion of Argo fans, but all I get is beat up, so I get the message I am not welcome her
    Dude, it's not that you are not welcome here. But you really need to know the difference between fact and opinion. Just because you have a certain opinion doesn't make it fact.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I stated a fact that the coach`s decision to release the 4 receivers was a bad one, it is the majority opinion of Argo fans, but all I get is beat up, so I get the message I am not welcome her

Why are so many people quick to assume that just because someone disagrees with them that their opinions aren't welcome?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

They were picked up, but none contributed. Elliott, was hardly even targeted last week but the Cats. Gurley wasn't even in the line up for Winnipeg. Hazelton never dressed for Edmonton and I don't think anyone even raised an eyebrow over Bates being released. These guys are all free agents in February, and none of them did anything to make the Argos look like it was a bad move to release them.

As for you knowing what "Argos fans in general" feel, I really doubt that have a clue about it, same as me, and anyone else. Nobody knows as many Argos fans as it would take to know what the majority feel. It is quite possible that your friends that are Argos fans feel this way, but again, that doesn't mean the majority feel the same way.
    The majority of argo fans were sickened by the release of the receivers, not even debatable, btw you are one unfriendly SOB,not to mention your description of the success of the 4 receivers is inaccurate, they need time to develop chemistry, Elliot has done fine in Hamilton, Gurley had a great long pass, they have other receivers