Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argoscott View Post
    The majority of argo fans were sickened by the release of the receivers, not even debatable, btw you are one unfriendly SOB
    Once again, you are making the mistake of speaking for the majority of Argos fans that you don't even know. As far as me being an unfriendly SOB, well, I disagree...I'm very good.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Once again, you are making the mistake of speaking for the majority of Argos fans that you don't even know. As far as me being an unfriendly SOB, well, I disagree...I'm very good.
    I am not welcome here in your little club

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am not welcome here in your little club
    If your an Argo/CFL fan, of course you are.

This isn't the first time I've heard something like this, not sure why this is becoming the norm, but just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean that you're not welcome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    So you think our 4 receivers that were released did not want to be Argos?
    Milanovich stated in his post game conference after that brutal, brutal loss to Montreal that some players did not want to be here. The next day those 4 players were cut. I think that says it all.

As others have stated, don't think that you are not wanted here on the forum. Look at Grey Dragon and I...we disagree on the Crossover format, but hey, it's just a matter of debate.

Banned
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    If your an Argo/CFL fan, of course you are.

This isn't the first time I've heard something like this, not sure why this is becoming the norm, but just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean that you're not welcome.
    Yes I realize I sounded like a cry baby, but my experience overall has been negative, more often than not my opinions here have mostly been met with sarcastic unfriendly replies . This has been my experience here over a couple years btw, I forgot my previous handle, but yes I guess I am a glutten for punishment, I find several other places more friendly, no not that everybody agrees with me...ON this case they do, I know of no argo fan outside of here that agrees with the coaches moves this year .. adios

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Why are so many people quick to assume that just because someone disagrees with them that their opinions aren't welcome?
    I don't get it as well, while I know I'm always right I welcome diverse opinions!😀
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Let's be honest the season was a write off with the "Big 3" which many thought were overrated to begin with.
    No doubt as the Argo season unravelled their collective attitudes deteriorated rather quickly and were shipped out.
    My question was the timing of their releases and how long they actually put up with their crap.
    Angelo's summary is spot on, they contributed little to nothing to their new teams.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Definitely two factions here on the sudden release of the four starting receivers. One side insists that they didn't contribute to the Argos, the other teams,were bad eggs and good riddance.

The other side, myself included, thought the decision was a bad short and intermediate decision. Certainly didn't improve the Argos down the stretch. The Argos QB situation was exaserbated without these receivers to throw to. Maybe a much needed diversion for management at a time when they realized the desperate Willy trade was a costly, flop.

As for their impact this year, I think they were insurance for their new teams down the stretch and more importantly more talent to bring to camp next year for depth of CFL experience. Their new teams will lose receivers to attrition. Argos's themselves will lose a couple more international and domestic receivers as well and could be bringing in all new receivers (with exception to Wylie) and a new QB.

Management didn't do themselves, or the next coach and GM any favours on this one!

I am pretty sure this site would be more fan friendly if the Argos were 16 - 2.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Let's see how many of the "Big Four" (including Bates) are on CFL rosters come July 1. I'll be surprised if the number exceeds two, and think it is more likely zero or one.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I have to ask myself where were the "Big Four" haters at training camp or when the Argos were 4 -2?

When they were released, you said 'look no one wants them'! When they all signed quickly with superior teams that ran better offensives, you said 'they won't play'. When they played you said, 'look they aren't playing enough'. Now, they won't be in the CFL by July 1st. In the meantime, SM and JB remain without fault to you guys. Sheesh!

Mark Twain — 'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.'

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I have to ask myself where were the "Big Four" haters at training camp or when the Argos were 4 -2?

Mark Twain — 'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.'
    I've been complaining about those receivers making the QB's look bad for over a year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level

When they were released, you said 'look no one wants them'! When they all signed quickly with superior teams that ran better offensives, you said 'they won't play'. When they played you said, 'look they aren't playing enough'. Now, they won't be in the CFL by July 1st. In the meantime, SM and JB remain without fault to you guys. Sheesh!
    Sheesh is right -- what does opinions that differ from yours on the merits of those receivers have to do with SM-JB?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Sheesh is right -- what does opinions that differ from yours on the merits of those receivers have to do with SM-JB?
    SM/SB are great football guys.

This is one of their many big calls that = 2016 results. They provided the justifications for this drastic move that are often repeated here. Bad guys. No talent. Not team guys.

Who else do I point to when it comes to this disastrous move. I am sorry, this was a great move with tons of future upside!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Who else do I point to when it comes to this disastrous move. I am sorry, this was a great move with tons of future upside!
    Had little effect either way. We didn't win with them (except when Ray started) and we didn't win without them.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    No, simply giving tickets to school kids is not how to do it.
    It should be organized as a "field trip" for lack of a better term.
    A class at a school gets bussed down to the stadium together...
    Yeah, as mentioned earlier, it's like how the Marlies and apparently the junior hockey team in Mississauga do this. The tickets are sold, not 'given away', but presumably significantly discounted as group sales for the pre-season game. They help organize where and when the buses drop off, park, and then pick up everybody after the game ends. The schools and kids are more interested in field trips that get them out of another boring day in the classroom than they would be about being given a coupon for a ticket to a night or weekend game that most of them probably wouldn't use.
    Maybe most of the kids won't pay a lot of attention to the game and won't necessarily become fans right away or even later, but hopefully some will, and the rest will at least know it exists and where the stadium is, and maybe remember they had fun.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    SM/SB are great football guys.

This is one of their many big calls that = 2016 results. They provided the justifications for this drastic move that are often repeated here. Bad guys. No talent. Not team guys.

If you agree that they are great football guys, why are you unwilling to allow them to turn this team around?

As far as complaints about these receivers when they were 4-2, seems to me Elliott only played 2 quarters in the first game and missed all 4 of those wins. Common denominator there?

Gurley was the only one that surprised me as far as getting cut goes. But when tv cameras catch you having an in suck fest, I'm good with that releas too. Lack of character shows most in tough times. Pinball went through some of the toughest and never turned on anyone.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Had little effect either way. We didn't win with them (except when Ray started) and we didn't win without them.
    Maybe the common denominator was Ray and not them. Sorry, AngeloV my sarcasm was showing through. Didn't mean to endorse them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    If you agree that they are great football guys, why are you unwilling to allow them to turn this team around?

As far as complaints about these receivers when they were 4-2, seems to me Elliott only played 2 quarters in the first game and missed all 4 of those wins. Common denominator there?

Gurley was the only one that surprised me as far as getting cut goes. But when tv cameras catch you having an in suck fest, I'm good with that releas too. Lack of character shows most in tough times. Pinball went through some of the toughest and never turned on anyone.
    IIRC, Gurley missed the wins over Montreal and Ottawa too.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Not that this really matters, but I'm surprised by how many people were surprised to learn how hot it is on the east side in afternoons and early evenings. The same conditions applied to a good chunk of the Rogers Centre east side when the roof was open on a sunny day. Granted the RC is cavernous enough that some shadows emerge as the sun moves, but I stopped sitting on the east side years ago because it was way too hot and sunny at times. I hope this does not become a serious impediment to selling tickets over there as the years go on. I would not argue against cheaper tickets on that side, to encourage fuller stands there. And lots of evening games.
    I figured the sun would be bothersome, but I wasn't expecting the humdity we got this year.

West side for the Ticats, and if I get season tickets for the Argos, I plan to sit on the West side. Hopefully some good seats open up.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Milanovich stated in his post game conference after that brutal, brutal loss to Montreal that some players did not want to be here. The next day those 4 players were cut. I think that says it all.

As others have stated, don't think that you are not wanted here on the forum. Look at Grey Dragon and I...we disagree on the Crossover format, but hey, it's just a matter of debate.
    We don't even know what went on afterwards behind the scenes. When they were released, out of respect, Milanovich obviously did not want to give a proper reason on why they were released. I believe the issue with these 4 are much deeper than just their on field performance.