Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am still not over the dropping of am radio (after the Leafs season) starts. TSN1050 confirmed streaming only this year. CFRB1010 no longer an option.

Without pregame, in game and post game analysis, I now feel disadvantaged to the tv audience. We pay a dear price and are inconvenienced to attend live football in Toronto. Eight CFL teams still provide these in full, but the highest priced team no longer does.

I am starting to consider whether the "at home" experience is equal or better to attending. I am sorry, I can't stream Mike & Jeff remotely. But could probably do that at home from a PC.

Once again, SiriusXM 167 broadcast the Ticats post game show. Last week after the BMO Field game against the Als, SiriusXM broadcast the Als game and post game show. I suspect that they don't/won't rebroadcast streaming, just am radio broadcasts.

I may be an outlier, or part of the ST holders that in all likelihood will not renew next year,but this is getting tiresome.

The Argos are going after the younger crowd. That's why Argo-notes, AM radio pre-game, game and post-game shows - gone.

My question, how many cheap seats do they have to sell to recover the $1,500 per ticket that they lose when fans like me don't renew? Under the right conditions, I'd be interested in holding events in the corporate suites.

We were lucky too attend sporting events in Canada, US and Europe this summer and an observation I took away was that the "greying" class is is the majority out there and the high end buyers. It's foolish to disregard their importance and input.
    My son and I attend Argo games and have a great time together, pregame and or postgame analysis or lack thereof doesn't sway me one way or another.
    When we get home I check this forum to see the in game comments, I would argue that there is much more "instant" information available post game than there was years ago.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am still not over the dropping of am radio (after the Leafs season) starts. TSN1050 confirmed streaming only this year. CFRB1010 no longer an option.

Without pregame, in game and post game analysis, I now feel disadvantaged to the tv audience. We pay a dear price and are inconvenienced to attend live football in Toronto. Eight CFL teams still provide these in full, but the highest priced team no longer does.

I am starting to consider whether the "at home" experience is equal or better to attending. I am sorry, I can't stream Mike & Jeff remotely. But could probably do that at home from a PC.

Once again, SiriusXM 167 broadcast the Ticats post game show. Last week after the BMO Field game against the Als, SiriusXM broadcast the Als game and post game show. I suspect that they don't/won't rebroadcast streaming, just am radio broadcasts.

I may be an outlier, or part of the ST holders that in all likelihood will not renew next year,but this is getting tiresome.

The Argos are going after the younger crowd. That's why Argo-notes, AM radio pre-game, game and post-game shows - gone.

My question, how many cheap seats do they have to sell to recover the $1,500 per ticket that they lose when fans like me don't renew? Under the right conditions, I'd be interested in holding events in the corporate suites.

We were lucky too attend sporting events in Canada, US and Europe this summer and an observation I took away was that the "greying" class is is the majority out there and the high end buyers. It's foolish to disregard their importance and input.
    I'm pretty sure that the Argonauts are Not the most expensive ticket in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Argonauts are Not the most expensive ticket in the CFL.
    Really?

BMO 2017 Top Season Tickets

1.$1,999
    2. $1,799
    3. $1,199

Other 8 teams:

Sask $992
    BC $1,275
    Eskies $630
    Bombers $1,099
    Stampeders $897
    RedBlacks $1,090

I think feedback is important if we want positive change. Originally, the plan was no home coverage of Argos games. Only through negative feedback was this situation changed.

I think ticket sales are telling Argos management a message. Its not price alone. Prices have been slashed and sections in Level 200 were virtually empty last game. On field product is stellar. Business operations have to do their part now.

In the absence of value, price matters.
    Last edited by 1971GreyCup; 10-02-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Really?

1.$1,999
    2. $1,799
    3. $1,199

Other 8 teams:

Sask $992
    BC $1,275
    Eskies $630
    Bombers $1,099
    Stampeders $897
    RedBlacks $1,090

I think feedback is important if we want positive change. Originally, the plan was no home coverage of Argos games. Only through negative feedback was this situation changed.

I think ticket sales are telling Argos management a message. Its not price alone. Prices have been slashed and sections in Level 200 were virtually empty last game. On field product is stellar. Business operations have to do their part now.

A lot of Argos tickets are overpriced, no doubt. But to just point out the highest price tickets are misleading. What are we talking about, a few hundred at that price range? Tickets at THF for the most part are way more expensive. $97 to sit at the 20 yard line? I pay $199 to sit at the 10 yard line at BMO for the entire season + playoff game. I also doubt any other teams season package includes a playoff ticket, which as last year, gets refunded if there is no playoff game.

Also understand that Molson stadium in Montreal is REALLY more expensive.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    A lot of Argos tickets are overpriced, no doubt. But to just point out the highest price tickets are misleading. What are we talking about, a few hundred at that price range? Tickets at THF for the most part are way more expensive. $97 to sit at the 20 yard line? I pay $199 to sit at the 10 yard line at BMO for the entire season + playoff game. I also doubt any other teams season package includes a playoff ticket, which as last year, gets refunded if there is no playoff game.

Also understand that Molson stadium in Montreal is REALLY more expensive.
    Top individual price at Molson Percival Stadium is $125 vs $199 at BMO Filed. 50% higher.

Interestingly, at only 60% price of BMO Field, the Als offer LARGE value-added to these ST holders!

Attachment 882

- Free tailgate with Alumni
    - $250 banked credit
    - 20% off food
    - exclusive events

I am more cheesed off on the treatment of the higher priced ticket buyers, than the exhorbitant ticket prices.

End of story.

Man do Mosaic Filed ticket buyers great great prices PLUS value-added. Perfect combo for buyers.

End of story l..
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Top individual price at Molson Percival Stadium is $125 vs $199 at BMO Filed. 50% higher.

Interestingly, at only 60% price of BMO Field, the Als offer LARGE value-added to these ST holders!

Attachment 882

- Free tailgate with Alumni
    - $250 banked credit
    - 20% off food
    - exclusive events

I am more cheesed off on the treatment of the higher priced ticket buyers, than the exhorbitant ticket prices.

End of story.

Man do Mosaic Filed ticket buyers great great prices PLUS value-added. Perfect combo for buyers.

End of story l..
    Again, you are only looking at the top price. I guarantee the average price at Molson is higher, as is the case at THF.

Individual game tickets at Molson: between the 20 yard lines range from $84-$133. BMO from $75-100 (with 1 section of club seating at $150)

Silver seating at BMO is $55. Equivalent seating at Molson is $62.

My seats at BMO (goal line to the 10 yard line upper level) are $20. Equivalent at Molson? $62 with seats in the endzone at $45.

You are way of base here. What is it exactly that you have against the Argos and their management now?
    Last edited by AngeloV; 10-02-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Let's agree to disagree.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was looking at prices at Tim Hortons Giekd and was shocked at their prices. If I sat in same area as my seasons but at THF it'd be much more expensive

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Really?

1.$1,999
    2. $1,799
    3. $1,199

Other 8 teams:

Sask $992
    BC $1,275
    Eskies $630
    Bombers $1,099
    Stampeders $897
    RedBlacks $1,090

Lol, and what's the overall average ticket price? Who has the lowest priced ticket? Argonauts single game tickets start @ $15 IIRC.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Lol, and what's the overall average ticket price? Who has the lowest priced ticket? Argonauts single game tickets start @ $15 IIRC.
    $15 was a promotion. Argos also had tickets prices starting at $18 if you purchased before the season but closer to $25 with fees. Also, tickets for 19.97 up in the higher levels for Flutie Day. But, I do think that the official lowest ticket price is more like $20 in the endzones.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't know where the Argos single game prices ultimately will end up, but I can speak to the deal the Argos made with ST holders before the season. Next year ST holders can wait for the bargain prices and buy week to week. So much for "membership has its privileges"!

Argonauts.ca appears to have the entire East side 200 Level priced at $17 for Saturday's game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm only seeing the upper east (group section) side at the 17.00 price point and the upper corner for that matter.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/1...EB_SCHEDULE_HP

They were selling mid-field seats around this price-point earlier (15.00 CNE and 2 for 19.97 Doug Flutie night). It looks to me they're listen on STHs about having the seats priced up there between the 10s well under the ST rate compared to the west equivalent.

But yeah, they'll need to tread carefully with next year's price points. They really need to wow the marketplace so people won't wait and just focus on having the conversation change and filling more of the place than be concerned about ticket revenue at this stage. Don't need freebies to do it either....just give STH more vouchers if need be.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I'm only seeing the upper east (group section) side at the 17.00 price point and the upper corner for that matter.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/1...EB_SCHEDULE_HP

They were selling mid-field seats around this price-point earlier (15.00 CNE and 2 for 19.97 Doug Flutie night). It looks to me they're listen on STHs about having the seats priced up there between the 10s well under the ST rate compared to the west equivalent.

But yeah, they'll need to tread carefully with next year's price points. They really need to wow the marketplace so people won't wait and just focus on having the conversation change and filling more of the place than be concerned about ticket revenue at this stage. Don't need freebies to do it either....just give STH more vouchers if need be.
    I've been told that there won't be any pricing changes in 2018.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I've been told that there won't be any pricing changes in 2018.
    By who I wonder?

And what happened to all the talk about having too many pricing categories and looking to simply the chart?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't recall hearing anything about a price drop, but didn't Mr. Hook bring up that simplifying the ticket categories was being look at ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't know where the Argos single game prices ultimately will end up, but I can speak to the deal the Argos made with ST holders before the season. Next year ST holders can wait for the bargain prices and buy week to week. So much for "membership has its privileges"!

Argonauts.ca appears to have the entire East side 200 Level priced at $17 for Saturday's game.
    That is your right, and nobody would hold it against you. But I for one would really appreciate if you would stop slagging the organization on here every chance you get. You have on more than one occasion mentioned on here how you have spoken to management. Do you share the thoughts you put on here with them? If you have an in to do so, that would be far more productive than what you are doing on here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    What's the big deal about the Argonauts offering cheaper prices during certain games ?
    You guys do realize that Argonaut games are not selling out at BMO, and the Argos have sold out games in decades, right ?
    Sometimes teams need to do things like this to try and sell more tickets. If the building was full and deals were still being given out left, right, and centre, I could understand the issue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    By who I wonder?

And what happened to all the talk about having too many pricing categories and looking to simply the chart?
    I am 100% sure there will be fewer price points, and 99% sure ticket prices will be lower next season, especially on the east side. Whoever is saying that prices will not be lowered is wrong, I bet.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    ......ummmm you were saying ---- 2018 ST renewals notice is out and it looks like the same map and same pricing to me......unbelievable....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Just received the same ST renewal notice today. Status quo for ST holders in 2018.