Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Must grow youth football in the city, most likely flag or touch due to cost and parental concerns. The goal should be to have some sort of Football team at every high-school and middle school in the city within the next ten years. Give every player a free ticket to a game and discounted tickets to all other games. Have a championship day at the stadium, where all the finals are played. Have Argo players, Jason, the cheerleaders on hand and give-a-ways to promote the Argos to the parents and student spectators.

Go after every rec adult athlete in the city. Such as, offering every team in the ASHL (Adult Safe Hockey League) heavily discounted tickets and a free tailgate pass if they get 10 tickets. Most of my hockey team, average age 30, would need the incentive of partying with friends and like $10 tickets to go to an Argo game. Make an annual ASHL day on the best tailgating day, such as a Saturday against Hamilton. I believe in the tailgate as a draw moving forward, the Argos need the average sports fan to check it out in person, see it's a big deal and have a good time.

They need a townhall for STH for sure, most likely before renewals to help defuse all the disasters from this season both on and off the field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    All the previous posters are to be commended for their many excellent ideas. I hope Argo management read and consider implementing, in some form or other, some of these very worthwhile suggestions. "Mightygoose", "SnowRogue" and "RB957" in particular provided a plethora of good ideas and Argo management would be wise, to at least consider some of their suggestions. The suggestion by "Gillthethrill" of having a beat writer along the lines of the Ti-Cat's Drew Edwards, is a really important suggestion. Most of my friends and acquaintances, know hardly anything about the players or any of the human interest stories attached to players. The more the general public become aware of these things, the more likely some might be persuaded to actually see the players in real life.

I have been informed by an Argo staff member that this site is read by the Argo management. Hopefully, they will do more than just read the suggestions made by the above posters.

The only suggestion I would add, would be to allow STH'S to purchase a season pass to the tailgating at a greatly reduced price (1/2 or 1/3 of the regular $30 per game price)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The suggestion by "Gillthethrill" of having a beat writer along the lines of the Ti-Cat's Drew Edwards, is a really important suggestion.
    The only way the team can influence this is to hire its own reporter and publish his/her content on an Argo-owned site. More and more teams and leagues are doing this (including Blue Bombers) but it's not cheap as you have to pay the reporter and have an editor handle the content. Drew Edwards does a good job but he works for a newspaper that has (accurately IMO) determined that the Tiger-Cats have a large enough following in Hamilton to warrant daily reporting. In Toronto, Argos are at best the fourth-biggest team in town and the newspapers (other than the Sun) have not chosen have someone fully dedicated to Argo coverage. Nothing the organization can do will change that.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The only way the team can influence this is to hire its own reporter and publish his/her content on an Argo-owned site. More and more teams and leagues are doing this (including Blue Bombers) but it's not cheap as you have to pay the reporter and have an editor handle the content. Drew Edwards does a good job but he works for a newspaper that has (accurately IMO) determined that the Tiger-Cats have a large enough following in Hamilton to warrant daily reporting. In Toronto, Argos are at best the fourth-biggest team in town and the newspapers (other than the Sun) have not chosen have someone fully dedicated to Argo coverage. Nothing the organization can do will change that.
    Maybe the recently retired Curtis Rush could be coaxed into this role? Ideal with his football pedigree at The Star. I see he is doing great freelance work for The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal on Canadian hockey and baseball. Might Just for him. We just need a recently retired editor to complete the package. Know anyone Paul that fits the bill?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Mr Woods, send your resume to the Argonauts immediately!!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Mr Woods, send your resume to the Argonauts immediately!!!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but that won't be happening.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Season Ticket prices are being Frozen, No decrease:

http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u...c&e=e0a4147c95

Banned
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Howbout implementing a rule were the coach cant release our best receivers?

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argoscott View Post
    Last I saw, both Shaw and Spencer are still with the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I think what scott meant was for the coach not being able to release players that don't want to be an Argonaut.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I think what scott meant was for the coach not being able to release players that don't want to be an Argonaut.
    So you think our 4 receivers that were released did not want to be Argos?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    So you think our 4 receivers that were released did not want to be Argos?
    Milanovich stated in his post game conference after that brutal, brutal loss to Montreal that some players did not want to be here. The next day those 4 players were cut. I think that says it all.

As others have stated, don't think that you are not wanted here on the forum. Look at Grey Dragon and I...we disagree on the Crossover format, but hey, it's just a matter of debate.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    So you agree with the coach also that releasing the receivers was the way to go, I see

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Shaw was a 1,000 yard d receiver this year. None of the guys you have a man crush on have come close, and all failed to make an impact elsewhere.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Shaw was a 1,000 yard d receiver this year. None of the guys you have a man crush on have come close, and all failed to make an impact elsewhere.
    All 4 receivers were picked up already...btw your mamma wears army boots, having said that, I never said Shaw and Spencer were no good, and FYI you are in the minority of Argo fans (not here perhaps) but Argo fans in general, I do not know of one that agrees with releasing the big 3, or even one that agreed with bringing in Willy

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    All 4 receivers were picked up already...btw your mamma wears army boots, having said that, I never said Shaw and Spencer were no good, and FYI you are in the minority of Argo fans (not here perhaps) but Argo fans in general, I do not know of one that agrees with releasing the big 3, or even one that agreed with bringing in Willy

They were picked up, but none contributed. Elliott, was hardly even targeted last week but the Cats. Gurley wasn't even in the line up for Winnipeg. Hazelton never dressed for Edmonton and I don't think anyone even raised an eyebrow over Bates being released. These guys are all free agents in February, and none of them did anything to make the Argos look like it was a bad move to release them.

As for you knowing what "Argos fans in general" feel, I really doubt that have a clue about it, same as me, and anyone else. Nobody knows as many Argos fans as it would take to know what the majority feel. It is quite possible that your friends that are Argos fans feel this way, but again, that doesn't mean the majority feel the same way.

I stated a fact that the coach`s decision to release the 4 receivers was a bad one, it is the majority opinion of Argo fans, but all I get is beat up, so I get the message I am not welcome her
    Dude, it's not that you are not welcome here. But you really need to know the difference between fact and opinion. Just because you have a certain opinion doesn't make it fact.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

They were picked up, but none contributed. Elliott, was hardly even targeted last week but the Cats. Gurley wasn't even in the line up for Winnipeg. Hazelton never dressed for Edmonton and I don't think anyone even raised an eyebrow over Bates being released. These guys are all free agents in February, and none of them did anything to make the Argos look like it was a bad move to release them.

As for you knowing what "Argos fans in general" feel, I really doubt that have a clue about it, same as me, and anyone else. Nobody knows as many Argos fans as it would take to know what the majority feel. It is quite possible that your friends that are Argos fans feel this way, but again, that doesn't mean the majority feel the same way.
    The majority of argo fans were sickened by the release of the receivers, not even debatable, btw you are one unfriendly SOB,not to mention your description of the success of the 4 receivers is inaccurate, they need time to develop chemistry, Elliot has done fine in Hamilton, Gurley had a great long pass, they have other receivers

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Should I be expecting a similar Email from the Argonauts?

http://info.ottawaredblacks.com/nl/j...2be9071c48977a

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Should I be expecting a similar Email from the Argonauts?

http://info.ottawaredblacks.com/nl/j...2be9071c48977a
    Again, should I be expecting a similar Email from the Argonauts?

http://info.ottawaredblacks.com/nl/j...126424f5861afe

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Again, should I be expecting a similar Email from the Argonauts?

http://info.ottawaredblacks.com/nl/j...126424f5861afe
    The more I think about it the more I believe that Ottawa should be the model that we follow. They seem to be doing everything right and really seem to value their fans.